- Intracellular neutralization of HIV transcytosis across tight epithelial barriers by anti-HIV envelope protein dIgA or IgMM Bomsel
U332 INSERM ICGM, Paris, France
Immunity 9:277-87. 1998..These results suggest that induction of mucosal immunity to HIV envelope proteins may impair the transcytotic route of HIV mucosal transmission...
- The adult penile urethra is a novel entry site for HIV-1 that preferentially targets resident urethral macrophagesY Ganor
Department of Mucosal Entry of HIV 1 and Mucosal Immunity, Cell Biology, and Host Pathogen Interactions, Cochin Institute, INSERM, U1016, Paris, France
Mucosal Immunol 6:776-86. 2013..Our results identify the male urethra as a novel entry site for HIV-1 that targets resident urethral macrophages. These results might explain the incomplete prophylactic efficacy of male circumcision in reducing HIV-1 transmission...
- High-level ability of secretory IgA to block HIV type 1 transcytosis: contrasting secretory IgA and IgG responses to glycoprotein 160H Hocini
Unité INSERM U430 Immunopathologie Humaine, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 13:1179-85. 1997..However, specific S-IgA was more efficient than IgG. These features suggest that mucosal specific S-IgA to HIV-1 could be relevant in decreasing infectivity of HIV-1 in corporal fluids...
- HIV-1 gp41-specific monoclonal mucosal IgAs derived from highly exposed but IgG-seronegative individuals block HIV-1 epithelial transcytosis and neutralize CD4(+) cell infection: an IgA gene and functional analysisD Tudor
Entrée Muqueuse du VIH et Immunité Muqueuse, Mucosal Entry of HIV 1 and Mucosal Immunity, Departement de Biologie Cellulaire, Cell Biology Department, Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Mucosal Immunol 2:412-26. 2009..This analysis of HEPS monoclonal IgA gives a unique opportunity to correlate an antibody function (resistance to a pathogen in vivo) with an antibody gene. Such neutralizing monoclonal IgAs could be used in microbicide formulation...
- Within 1 h, HIV-1 uses viral synapses to enter efficiently the inner, but not outer, foreskin mucosa and engages Langerhans-T cell conjugatesY Ganor
Mucosal Entry of HIV 1 and Mucosal Immunity, Cell Biology and Host Pathogen Interactions Department, Cochin Institute, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Mucosal Immunol 3:506-22. 2010..Seminal plasma mixed with cervicovaginal secretions inhibits HIV-1 translocation. This set of results rationalizes at the cellular level the apparent protective outcome of circumcision against HIV-1 acquisition by men...
- Secretory IgA specific for a conserved epitope on gp41 envelope glycoprotein inhibits epithelial transcytosis of HIV-1A Alfsen
, , Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Paris, France
J Immunol 166:6257-65. 2001..These results underscore the important role of secretory IgA in designing strategies for mucosal protection against HIV-1 infection...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide inhibits human immunodeficiency type 1 transmission by Langerhans cells via an autocrine/paracrine feedback mechanismY Ganor
Mucosal Entry of HIV 1 and Mucosal Immunity, Department of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Cochin Institute, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France INSERM U1016, Paris, France Paris Descartes University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 213:432-41. 2015..Herein, we investigated the anti-HIV-1 mechanism of CGRP...
- Dictyostelium discoideum cells shed vesicles with associated DNA and vital stain Hoechst 33342I Tatischeff
Laboratoire de Physicochimie Biomoleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS URA 2056, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 54:476-87. 1998..Furthermore, since the association of DNA with vesicles occurs in physiological growth conditions and independently of vital staining, the new shedding process might be involved in a more general intercellular mechanism...