Genomes and Genes
Jean Pierre Bohin
- Identification of mdoD, an mdoG paralog which encodes a twin-arginine-dependent periplasmic protein that controls osmoregulated periplasmic glucan backbone structuresYannick Lequette
U S T L, BAt C9, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
J Bacteriol 186:3695-702. 2004..Orthologs of the mdoG and mdoD genes are found in various proteobacteria. Most of the OpgD orthologs exhibit a Tat-dependent secretion signal, while most of the OpgG orthologs are Sec dependent...
- The virulence of a Dickeya dadantii 3937 mutant devoid of osmoregulated periplasmic glucans is restored by inactivation of the RcsCD-RcsB phosphorelayFranck Bouchart
Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, UMR USTL CNRS 8576 IFR147, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
J Bacteriol 192:3484-90. 2010..Here, we show that mutations in the RcsCDB phosphorelay system restored virulence and motility in a D. dadantii opg-negative strain, indicating a relationship between the Rcs phosphorelay and OPGs...
- Proteomic analysis of a non-virulent mutant of the phytopathogenic bacterium Erwinia chrysanthemi deficient in osmoregulated periplasmic glucans: change in protein expression is not restricted to the envelope, but affects general metabolismFranck Bouchart
Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, UMR USTL CNRS 8576 IFR 118, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Microbiology 153:760-7. 2007..Thus, in the opg mutant strain, loss of virulence was the result of a combination of envelope structure changes and cellular metabolism modifications...
- Characterization of the first angiotensin-converting like enzyme in bacteria: Ancestor ACE is already activeGuillaume Rivière
Unité Neurosciences et Physiologie Adaptative, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Gene 399:81-90. 2007..XcACE characterization demonstrates that ACE is an ancestral enzyme, provoking questions about its appearance and structure/activity specialisation during the course of evolution...
- Characterization of the Erwinia chrysanthemi Gan locus, involved in galactan catabolismAurélie Delangle
Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, UMR USTL CNRS 8576 IFR147, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Batiment C9, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
J Bacteriol 189:7053-61. 2007..These mutations did not affect the virulence of E. chrysanthemi on chicory leaves, potato tubers, or Saintpaulia ionantha, suggesting an accessory role of galactan utilization in the bacterial pathogeny...
- Structural analysis of Escherichia coli OpgG, a protein required for the biosynthesis of osmoregulated periplasmic glucansXavier Hanoulle
UMR 8525 CNRS, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Universite de Lille II, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP447, 59021, France
J Mol Biol 342:195-205. 2004..The structural data suggest that OpgG is an OPG branching enzyme in which the catalytic activity is located in the large N-terminal domain and controlled via the smaller C-terminal domain...
- Biosynthesis of osmoregulated periplasmic glucans in Escherichia coli: the membrane-bound and the soluble periplasmic phosphoglycerol transferases are encoded by the same geneYannick Lequette
Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, UMR USTL CNRS 8576 IFR147, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, France
Microbiology 154:476-83. 2008..Thus, both phosphoglycerol transferase activities appear biologically necessary for complete OPG substitution...
- The opgGIH and opgC genes of Rhodobacter sphaeroides form an operon that controls backbone synthesis and succinylation of osmoregulated periplasmic glucansVirginie Cogez
Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, CNRS UMR8576, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, France
Eur J Biochem 269:2473-84. 2002..Expression of opgIHC in E. coli mdoB/mdoC and mdoH mutants allowed the production of slightly anionic and abnormally long linear glucans...
- Linear osmoregulated periplasmic glucans are encoded by the opgGH locus of Pseudomonas aeruginosaYannick Lequette
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Microbiology 153:3255-63. 2007..We have shown that ndvB is not involved in the biosynthesis of the OPG described here, and opgGH do not appear to be involved in the resistance of P. aeruginosa PA14 biofilms to antibiotics...
- Osmoregulated periplasmic glucans of the free-living photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobacter sphaeroidesPhilippe Talaga
, CNRS UMR8576, , Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
Eur J Biochem 269:2464-72. 2002..Therefore, similar OPGs are synthesized by phytopathogenic as well as free-living bacteria, suggesting these compounds are intrinsic components of the Gram-negative bacterial envelope...