Abraham B Bohadana
- Associations of airway inflammation and responsiveness markers in non asthmatic subjects at start of apprenticeshipValérie Demange
Department of Epidemiology, INRS, rue du Morvan, Vandoeuvre les Nancy 54500, France
BMC Pulm Med 10:37. 2010..Can their outcomes discriminate profiles of respiratory health in healthy subjects starting apprenticeship in occupations with a risk of asthma?..
- Exhaled nitric oxide and airway hyperresponsiveness in workers: a preliminary study in lifeguardsValérie Demange
INRS, Département Epidémiologie en Entreprise, rue du Morvan, CS 60027, 54519 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, France
BMC Pulm Med 9:53. 2009..Less information is available about FENO as a marker of inflammation from work exposures. We thus examined the relation between FENO and AHR in lifeguards undergoing exposure to chloramines in indoor pools...
- Early markers of airways inflammation and occupational asthma: rationale, study design and follow-up rates among bakery, pastry and hairdressing apprenticesPaul Tossa
Inserm U954, School of Medicine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
BMC Public Health 9:113. 2009..Other non-invasive and potentially more useful tests include the forced oscillation technique, measurement of fraction exhaled nitric oxide, and eosinophils count in nasal lavage fluid...
- TABADO: "evaluation of a smoking cessation program among adolescents in vocational training centers": study protocolLaetitia Minary
Centres d Investigation Clinique Epidémiologie Clinique CIE 6, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Nancy, France
BMC Public Health 9:411. 2009..This study aims to evaluate the efficacy of the program which was offered to all smokers in a population aged 15 to 20 years in Vocational Training Centers (VTC). This paper presents the TABADO study protocol...
- Reproducibility of exhaled nitric oxide in smokers and non-smokers: relevance for longitudinal studiesAbraham Bohadana
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM, ERI 11, 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
BMC Pulm Med 8:4. 2008....
- Does the inclusion of wheeze detection as an outcome measure affect the interpretation of methacholine challenge tests? A study in workers at risk of occupational asthmaAbraham B Bohadana
Institute National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM ERI 11, 54505, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Lung 184:151-7. 2006..The resulting increase in the number of true positives improved the sensitivity of MCT to detect AHR in occupationally exposed workers at risk of occupational asthma...
- Smoking cessation--but not smoking reduction--improves the annual decline in FEV1 in occupationally exposed workersAbraham B Bohadana
INSERM ERI 11, Faculte de Medecine, B P 184 9, Av de la Forêt de Haye, 54505 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy Cedex, France
Respir Med 100:1423-30. 2006..We examined whether smoking cessation or smoking reduction improves AHR and thereby slows down the decline in FEV1 in occupationally exposed workers...
- Mechanisms of chronic airway obstruction in smokersA Bohadana
INSERM Unité 420, Epidémiologie Santé Travail, Faculte de Medecine, 9 Av de la Foret de Haye, B P 184, Vandoeuvre lès Nancy 54505, France
Respir Med 98:139-51. 2004....
- Gender differences in quit rates following smoking cessation with combination nicotine therapy: influence of baseline smoking behaviorAbraham Bohadana
INSERM Unité 420, Epidémiologie Santé Travail, Nancy, France
Nicotine Tob Res 5:111-6. 2003....
- Bronchial challenge testing in occupational epidemiology: is the diluent step really necessary?Abraham Bohadana
Institut National Santé et Recherche Médical INSERM Unité 420, Epidémiologie Santé Travail, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 89:24-8. 2002..The "pros" for this step are that it allows a better training of the patient; the "cons" are that it requires additional time and effort...
- Nocturnal worsening of asthma and sleep-disordered breathingAbraham B Bohadana
INSERM Unité 420, Epidemiologie, santé, Travail, Faculte de Medecine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Asthma 39:85-100. 2002..This review highlights the causes of nocturnal worsening of asthma and examines the evidence pointing toward a causal relationship between nocturnal asthma and sleep-disordered breathing...
- Symptoms, airway responsiveness, and exposure to dust in beech and oak wood workersA B Bohadana
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM, Unité 420, Epidemiologie, Santé Travail, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Occup Environ Med 57:268-73. 2000..To investigate the relation between levels of cumulative exposure to wood dust and respiratory symptoms and the occurrence of bronchial hyperresponsiveness among beech and oak workers...
- Nicotine inhaler and nicotine patch as a combination therapy for smoking cessation: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialA Bohadana
INSERM Unité 420, Epidémiologie Santé Travail, Faculte de Medecine, BP 184 54505 Vandoeuvre Cedex, France
Arch Intern Med 160:3128-34. 2000..We compared the efficacy of the nicotine inhaler plus nicotine patch vs nicotine inhaler plus placebo patch for smoking cessation...