- Functional neuroimaging and childhood autismNathalie Boddaert
Service de Radiologie Pediatrique, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Pediatr Radiol 32:1-7. 2002..These results suggest that different connections between particular cortical regions could exist in autism. The purpose of this review is to present the main results of rest and activation studies performed in autism...
- Perception of complex sounds: abnormal pattern of cortical activation in autismNathalie Boddaert
ERM 0205, Division of Life Sciences, Department of Medical Research, , , 91406 Orsay, France
Am J Psychiatry 160:2057-60. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: These findings suggest that abnormal auditory cortical processing is implicated in the language impairments and the inadequate response to sounds typically seen in autism...
- Perception of complex sounds in autism: abnormal auditory cortical processing in childrenNathalie Boddaert
Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, , , 91406 Orsay, France
Am J Psychiatry 161:2117-20. 2004..The abnormal cortical auditory processing observed in both children and adults with autism could be involved in inadequate behavioral responses to sounds and in language impairments characteristic of autism...
- Autism, the superior temporal sulcus and social perceptionMonica Zilbovicius
URM 0205 Brain Imaging in Psychiatry, INSERM CEA, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, 4 Place du General Leclerc, Orsay 91406, France
Trends Neurosci 29:359-66. 2006..This review is part of the INMED/TINS special issue "Nature and nurture in brain development and neurological disorders", based on presentations at the annual INMED/TINS symposium (http://inmednet.com/)...
- Abnormal cortical voice processing in autismHélène Gervais
ERM 0205, INSERM CEA, DRM, DSV, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, 4, place du General Leclerc, 91406, Orsay, France
Nat Neurosci 7:801-2. 2004..These findings suggest abnormal cortical processing of socially relevant auditory information in autism...
- Autism: functional brain mapping of exceptional calendar capacityNathalie Boddaert
, DRM, DSV, CEA, 4 Place du General Leclerc 91406, Orsay, France
Br J Psychiatry 187:83-6. 2005..These results suggest that the prodigious capacities may be sustained by memory processing...
- Autism severity and temporal lobe functional abnormalitiesIsabelle Gendry Meresse
, Service Hospitalier F Joliot, DSV, DRM, CEA, Orsay, France
Ann Neurol 58:466-9. 2005..The more severe the autistic syndrome, the more rCBF is low in this region, suggesting that left superior temporal hypoperfusion is related to autistic behavior severity...
- [Autism: neuroimaging]Monica Zilbovicius
ERM 0205 INSERM CEA, Serviço Hospitalar Frédéric Joliot, Orsay, Franca
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 28:S21-8. 2006..The understanding of the functional alterations of this important mechanism may drive the elaboration of new and more adequate social re-educative strategies for autistic patients...
- Unusual magnetic resonance imaging features in Menkes diseaseChristine Barnerias
Department of Paediatric Neurology and Metabolic Disease, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, AP HP, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Brain Dev 30:489-92. 2008..Vasogenic oedema in the temporal white matter could be related to prolonged status epilepticus and vascular abnormalities. Cytotoxic oedema of the putamen and head caudate could result from energetic failure...