- Complete necrosis induced by preoperative chemotherapy in Wilms tumor as an indicator of low risk: report of the international society of paediatric oncology (SIOP) nephroblastoma trial and study 9L Boccon-Gibod
Department of Pathology, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Med Pediatr Oncol 34:183-90. 2000..The prognostic implications of total necrosis in nephroblastoma after chemotherapy have not been investigated hitherto...
- Separate occurrence of extra-adrenal paraganglioma and gastrointestinal stromal tumor in monozygotic twins: probable familial Carney syndromeLiliane Boccon-Gibod
Department of Pathology, University School of Medicine of Paris VI and Hôpital d Enfants Armand Trousseau Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 26 avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:380-4. 2004..A lifetime follow-up and a periodic search for both tumors are indicated in these patients and their families...
- Handling and pathology reporting of prostate biopsiesLiliane Boccon-Gibod
Department of Pathology, Hopital Armand Trousseau AP HP, Faculté Saint Antoine, 26 Av du Dr Arnold Netter, 75571 Paris, France
Eur Urol 46:177-81. 2004..Reporting by pathologists should be accurate, unequivocal and concise, giving the information needed for the urologist. Quality parameters need to be developed to survey the performance of pathology laboratories...
- The 20-core prostate biopsy protocol--a new gold standard?Vincent Ravery
Department of Urology, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
J Urol 179:504-7. 2008..We investigated the ability of a 20-core prostate biopsy protocol to enhance the prostate cancer diagnosis rate...
- High cyclin E staining index in blastemal, stromal or epithelial cells is correlated with tumor aggressiveness in patients with nephroblastomaDominique Berrebi
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Robert Debre, Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2216. 2008....
- Preoperative Wilms tumor rupture: a retrospective study of 57 patientsHervé J Brisse
Department of Radiology, Curie Institute, Paris, France
Cancer 113:202-13. 2008..However, to the authors' knowledge, the definition and diagnostic criteria of preoperative rupture have not been defined clearly...
- Five new cases of juvenile renal cell carcinoma with translocations involving Xp11.2: a cytogenetic and morphologic studyChristine Perot
Laboratoire de Cytogenetique, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 143:93-9. 2003..Renal cell carcinomas with translocations involving Xp11.2 form a specific entity characterized by subtle pathologic features and younger age of occurrence, especially for those with the t(X;17)...
- Analysis of 40 sporadic or familial neonatal and pediatric cases with severe unexplained respiratory distress: relationship to SFTPBMohammed Tredano
Service de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, hôpital d enfants Armand Trousseau AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet A 119:324-39. 2003..When disease loci are identified, patient genotyping will be crucial as a diagnostic aid, for devising proper treatment, and as a basis for genetic counseling...
- Outcome of infants with celiac diseaseJean Jacques Baudon
Departement de Pediatrie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:1097-102. 2005..Determine the proportion of infants whose celiac disease (CD) was confirmed in childhood and evaluate their prognosis in adulthood...
- Prostate cancer characteristics in a multiracial communityVincent Ravery
Department of Urology, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Eur Urol 53:533-8. 2008....
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the parotid gland in a child previously treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemiaLiliane Boccon-Gibod
Department of Pathology, University School of Medicine of Paris VI and Hôpital d Enfants Armand Trousseau Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 44:673-5. 2005..It highlights the need for concern about second cancers of the parotid gland in children treated for ALL...
- WNT/beta-catenin pathway activation in Wilms tumors: a unifying mechanism with multiple entries?Marie Corbin
INSERM, U574, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:816-27. 2009..2), CTNNBIP1 (1p36.2), and CBY1 (22q13.1). These genes thus represent new potential important actors in WT tumorigenesis...
- Sulfated HNK-1 epitope in developing and mature kidney: a new marker for thin ascending loop of Henle and tubular injury in acute tubular necrosisYves Allory
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U702 INSERM, Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 54:575-84. 2006..These data suggest that molecules carrying the sulfated HNK-1 carbohydrate epitope may play an important role in critical stages of renal development and in the physiology of thin ascending loop of Henle...
- Retrospective French nationwide survey of childhood aggressive vascular anomalies of bone, 1988-2009Sébastien Héritier
Service d hématologie oncologie pédiatrique, Centre de référence des histiocytoses, AP HP Hôpital Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:3. 2010..To document the epidemiological, clinical, histological and radiological characteristics of aggressive vascular abnormalities of bone in children...
- Brain involvement in multicentric Epstein-Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumours in a child after kidney transplantationSabah Boudjemaa
Department of Pathology, University School of Meidcine of Paris VI, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Virchows Arch 444:387-91. 2004..The immunosuppressive therapy was reduced, and the child was treated with chemotherapy, but died 2 months later, due to neurological complications...
- Carcinoid and mucoepidermoid bronchial tumours in childrenBrigitte Fauroux
Paediatric Pulmonary Department, Research Unit INSERM U 719, Armand Trousseau Hospital, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr 164:748-52. 2005..In 2 patients, auscultation assymetry and an episode of haemoptysis revealed the recurrence of a mucoepidermoid tumour, successfully cured by removal of the tumour and chemotherapy and radiotherapy in one child. No death was observed...
- Renal translocation carcinomas: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and gene expression profiling analysis of 31 cases with a review of the literaturePhilippe Camparo
HIA Val de Grace, Van Andel Research Institute, Paris, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:656-70. 2008..Our results suggest that these differentially expressed genes may serve as novel diagnostic or prognostic markers...
- [Effect of dutasteride on reduction of intraoperative bleeding related to transurethral resection of the prostate]Laurent Boccon-Gibod
Service d Urologie, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Prog Urol 15:1085-9. 2005..Dutasteride, a double inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase iso-enzymes types 1 and 2, was not been previously studied in the context of reduction of peroperative bleeding related to TURP...
- [Benign epithelial cells and Tamm-Horsfall protein in lymph nodes from nephrectomy specimens with nephroblastoma: a diagnostic pitfall]Francoise Boman
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Faculté de Médecine et Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Parc Eurasante, pôle biologie pathologie, CHRU, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Pathol 24:632-6. 2004....
- [Synaptophysin expression abnormalities in Hirschsprung's disease]Laurent Corsois
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Parc Eurasante, pôle biologie pathologie, CHRU, 59037 Lille Cedex
Ann Pathol 24:407-15. 2004....
- Prostate carcinoma II: prognostic factors in prostate needle biopsiesRodolfo Montironi
Department of Pathology, Reina Sofia University Hospital and Cordoba University Medical School, Cordoba, Spain
BJU Int 97:492-7. 2006
- Handling and pathology reporting of radical prostatectomy specimensRodolfo Montironi
Institute of Pathological Anatomy, Polytechnic University of the Marche Region Ancona, Umberto 1 degrees Hospital, I 60020 Torrette, Ancona, Italy
Eur Urol 44:626-36. 2003..The pathology report should include relevant clinical information as well as provide prognostically useful data derived from the evaluation of the RP specimen...
- Interobserver variability between expert urologic pathologists for extraprostatic extension and surgical margin status in radical prostatectomy specimensAndrew J Evans
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1503-12. 2008..Interobserver variability for EPE and SM interpretation was principally related to the lack of a clearly definable prostatic capsule and crush/thermal artifact along the edge of the gland, respectively...
- Changes in WT1 splicing are associated with a specific gene expression profile in Wilms' tumourDominique Baudry
INSERM U383, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Oncogene 21:5566-73. 2002..Moreover, our results suggest that the VEGF expression level may be of prognosis relevance for relapsed patients...
- An aggressive Ewing sarcoma associated with a new variant translocation, t(4;11;22)(q25;q24;q12), hyperdiploid karyotype, and tetrasomy 8Nouha Bouayed Abdelmoula
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 163:186-8. 2005