- HIV and coronary heart disease: time for a better understandingFranck Boccara
Department of Cardiology, Saint Antoine Hospital, University of Paris, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:511-23. 2013..We require new tools to assess this higher risk and studies to determine whether intensive primary prevention is warranted...
- HIV protease inhibitors activate the adipocyte renin angiotensin systemFranck Boccara
Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, INSERM, UMRS938, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 15:363-75. 2010..Whether hypertension and cardiovascular events could result from the adipocyte renin angiotensin system (RAS) overactivation has never been investigated...
- Cardiovascular complications and atherosclerotic manifestations in the HIV-infected population: type, incidence and associated risk factorsFranck Boccara
Cardiology Department, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:S19-26. 2008..In this article, we will review cardiovascular complications in HIV-infected patients before and after the advent of ART, focusing on coronary artery disease, its diagnosis, prognosis and therapy...
- Coronary artery bypass graft in HIV-infected patients: a multicenter case control studyF Boccara
Department of Cardiology, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Curr HIV Res 6:59-64. 2008..However, long-term follow-up was significantly different, due to an increased rate of repeated revascularization procedure in the native coronary arteries of HIV+ patients...
- Acute coronary syndrome in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: characteristics and 1 year prognosisFranck Boccara
Department of Cardiology, Saint Antoine Hospital, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, Univ Paris 6, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 32:41-50. 2011..We sought to compare coronary risk factors, angiographic features, acute results of percutaneous coronary intervention, in-hospital outcomes, and pre-specified 1 year prognosis of HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected patients with ACS...
- Clinical characteristics and mid-term prognosis of acute coronary syndrome in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapyF Boccara
Service de cardiologie, Saint Antoine University and Medical School, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
HIV Med 6:240-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the mid-term prognosis of ACS in HIV-infected patients...
- Effects of HIV protease inhibitors on cardiac conduction velocity in unselected HIV-infected patientsB Charbit
CIC 9304 and UMRS 956, INSERM, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:442-8. 2011..10) and 2.71 (95% CI 1.10-7.13; P = 0.03), respectively, in patients taking PIs. These findings may have important clinical implications, particularly with respect to QRS prolongation in patients with myocardial ischemia or heart failure...
- Myocarditis in patients with clinical presentation of myocardial infarction and normal coronary angiogramsL Sarda
Nuclear Medicine Department, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:786-92. 2001..The aim of this study was to assess the diagnosis of myocarditis in patients presenting with acute myocardial infarction (MI) and normal coronary angiograms...
- Intravenous enoxaparin or unfractionated heparin in primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: the international randomised open-label ATOLL trialGilles Montalescot
Institut de Cardiologie, CHU Pitié Salpêtrière AP HP, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
Lancet 378:693-703. 2011..We compared traditional heparin treatment with intravenous enoxaparin in primary PCI...
- Acute myopericarditis after diphtheria, tetanus, and polio vaccinationF Boccara
Service de cardiologie, Saint Antoine University and Medical School, Paris, France
Chest 120:671-2. 2001..He recovered within a few days with high-dose aspirin treatment and was without complications at 3-month follow-up. We discuss the different hypotheses for infective or hypersensitivity myocarditis...
- How to improve the quality of a disease management program for HIV-infected patients using a computerized data system. The Saint-Antoine Orchestra programF Fonquernie
AP HP, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Care 22:588-96. 2010....
- [Preventing cerebrovascular accidents during atrial fibrillation]S Ederhy
Hopital Saint Antoine, Service de cardiologie, Paris
Presse Med 34:1315-24. 2005..Finally, percutaneous methods for occlusion of the left atrial appendage are currently under investigation in patients at high risk of thromboembolism but with contraindications for chronic warfarin...
- [Early diagnosis and prevention of comorbidities among HIV-infected patients: the Orchestra Saint-Antoine Program]L Fonquernie
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, APHP, 184, 75012 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 37:S229-36. 2007..The Saint-Antoine Orchestra Program aims at improving the clinical management of HIV-infected patients through access to care, prevention and early diagnosis of comorbidities...
- Percutaneous coronary intervention in HIV infected patients: immediate results and long term prognosisF Boccara
Heart 92:543-4. 2006
- [Thrombocytopenia after cardiac surgery due to anti-platelet allo-immunization. Apropos of a case]F Boccara
Service de cardiologie A, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:107-10. 1997..The authors describe the diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to this problem...