Francois Xavier Blanc
- Treatment strategies for HIV-infected patients with tuberculosis: ongoing and planned clinical trialsFrancois Xavier Blanc
Agence Nationale de Recherches sur le Sida et les Hepatites Virales, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 196:S46-51. 2007..Here, we present an overview of these ongoing or planned clinical studies, which are supported by international agencies...
- Relaxation of tracheal smooth muscle is impaired in innate airway hyperresponsivenessF X Blanc
Unité de pneumologie, Service de Medecine Interne, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, UFR Paris XI, Hopitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur Respir J 34:417-24. 2009..In Fisher rats, these results suggest that innate airway hyperresponsiveness is associated with both a reduced level and a slower rate of TSM spontaneous relaxation, promoting maintenance of airway constriction...
- [Representation of knowledge in respiratory medicine: ontology should help the coding process]F X Blanc
Unité fonctionnelle de pneumologie, Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Bicetre, AP HP, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:741-50. 2010..e. an organized and formalized terminology composed by specific knowledge. The purpose is to help the medico-economical coding process and to represent the relevant knowledge about the patient...
- Earlier versus later start of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults with tuberculosisFrancois Xavier Blanc
Pneumology Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Bicetre Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
N Engl J Med 365:1471-81. 2011..Robust data are lacking with regard to the timing for the initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART) in relation to the start of antituberculosis therapy...
- The effects of isoflurane on airway smooth muscle crossbridge kinetics in Fisher and Lewis ratsCaroline Duracher
Laboratory of Pathophysiologie cellulaire et moléculaire de l insuffisance cardiaque, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U572 Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lariboisière, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Anesth Analg 101:136-42, table of contents. 2005..05). We concluded that isoflurane modulated CB number and CB cycling rates of isolated rat ASM differently depending on the level of airway responsiveness...
- Comparative statistical mechanics of myosin molecular motors in rat heart, diaphragm and tracheal smooth muscleYves Lecarpentier
Service de Physiologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
C R Biol 334:725-36. 2011..Statistical mechanics establishes a link between microscopic properties of matter and its bulk properties. A. Huxley's equations (1957)  provide the necessary phenomenological formalism to use statistical mechanics...
- Sarcoidosis in HIV-infected patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Foulon
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:418-25. 2004..Clinical and radiological characteristics, laboratory values for bronchoalveolar lavage fluid samples, and outcome after a long follow-up were similar for the patients receiving HAART and for HIV-uninfected patients...