Francois Xavier Blanc
- Treatment strategies for HIV-infected patients with tuberculosis: ongoing and planned clinical trialsFrancois Xavier Blanc
Agence Nationale de Recherches sur le Sida et les Hepatites Virales, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 196:S46-51. 2007..Here, we present an overview of these ongoing or planned clinical studies, which are supported by international agencies...
- Relaxation of tracheal smooth muscle is impaired in innate airway hyperresponsivenessF X Blanc
Unité de pneumologie, Service de Medecine Interne, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, UFR Paris XI, Hopitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur Respir J 34:417-24. 2009..In Fisher rats, these results suggest that innate airway hyperresponsiveness is associated with both a reduced level and a slower rate of TSM spontaneous relaxation, promoting maintenance of airway constriction...
- [Representation of knowledge in respiratory medicine: ontology should help the coding process]F X Blanc
Unité fonctionnelle de pneumologie, Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Bicetre, AP HP, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:741-50. 2010..e. an organized and formalized terminology composed by specific knowledge. The purpose is to help the medico-economical coding process and to represent the relevant knowledge about the patient...
- Earlier versus later start of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults with tuberculosisFrancois Xavier Blanc
Pneumology Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Bicetre Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
N Engl J Med 365:1471-81. 2011..Robust data are lacking with regard to the timing for the initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART) in relation to the start of antituberculosis therapy...
- Paradoxical tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome after early initiation of antiretroviral therapy in a randomized clinical trialDidier Laureillard
aFrench National Agency for Research on AIDS and Viral Hepatitis ANRS, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam bInstitut Pasteur du Cambodge, Phnom Penh, Cambodia cCambodian Health Committee, Phnom Penh, Cambodia dInstitut Pasteur, Paris, France eCalmette Hospital, Phnom Penh, Cambodia fKhmer Soviet Friendship Hospital, Phnom Penh, Cambodia gDonkeo Provincial Hospital, Takeo, Cambodia hMédecins Sans Frontières, Phnom Penh, Cambodia iSiem Reap Referral Hospital, Siem Reap, Cambodia jAssistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France kProgram in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
AIDS 27:2577-86. 2013....
- The effects of isoflurane on airway smooth muscle crossbridge kinetics in Fisher and Lewis ratsCaroline Duracher
Laboratory of Pathophysiologie cellulaire et moléculaire de l insuffisance cardiaque, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U572 Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lariboisière, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Anesth Analg 101:136-42, table of contents. 2005..05). We concluded that isoflurane modulated CB number and CB cycling rates of isolated rat ASM differently depending on the level of airway responsiveness...
- Comparative statistical mechanics of myosin molecular motors in rat heart, diaphragm and tracheal smooth muscleYves Lecarpentier
Service de Physiologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
C R Biol 334:725-36. 2011..Statistical mechanics establishes a link between microscopic properties of matter and its bulk properties. A. Huxley's equations (1957)  provide the necessary phenomenological formalism to use statistical mechanics...
- Sarcoidosis in HIV-infected patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Foulon
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:418-25. 2004..Clinical and radiological characteristics, laboratory values for bronchoalveolar lavage fluid samples, and outcome after a long follow-up were similar for the patients receiving HAART and for HIV-uninfected patients...