- Long term histological improvement and clearance of intrahepatic hepatitis C virus RNA following sustained response to interferon-ribavirin combination therapy in liver transplanted patients with hepatitis C virus recurrenceT Bizollon
Hepatology Unit, Hotel Dieu, Lyon 69288, and INSERM U 271, 151 Cours A Thomas, Lyon 69424, France
Gut 52:283-7. 2003..This study examined the long term biochemical, virological, and histological outcome in transplanted patients with recurrent chronic hepatitis who had a sustained virological response to antiviral therapy...
- Anti-hepatitis C virus core IgM antibodies correlate with hepatitis C recurrence and its severity in liver transplant patientsT Bizollon
Hepatology Unit, Hotel Dieu, Lyon 69288, France
Gut 47:698-702. 2000..The significance of immunoglobulin (Ig) M antibody to hepatitis C virus (HCV) core antigen was studied in 60 patients with HCV infection after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) diagnosed by polymerase chain reaction...
- [Intussusception of the small intestine due to Peutz-Jeghers syndrome: a case report and review of the literature]S Cherki
Service de chirurgie générale et digestive et de la transplantation hépatique, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103, rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon, France
Ann Chir 127:714-7. 2002..Besides small bowel, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome can affect many organs with an increased risk for cancer for patients affected by this genetic disease...
- Transjugular intra-hepatic portosystemic shunt for refractory variceal bleedingT Bizollon
Hepatology Unit, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place de l Hopital, 69288 Lyon, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:369-75. 2001..The most dramatic complication of portal hypertension in cirrhotic patients is oesophageal variceal bleeding. Moreover, patients with bleeding unresponsive to medical and endoscopic treatment have a poor prognosis...
- Small nodule detection in cirrhotic livers: evaluation with US, spiral CT, and MRI and correlation with pathologic examination of explanted liverA Rode
Department of Radiology, , Lyon, France
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:327-36. 2001..No MR signal intensity pattern characteristic of small HCCs enables differentiation from benign nodules, however. Gadolinium enhancement is the most sensitive and specific characteristic of HCC...
- Histological benefit of retreatment by pegylated interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in patients with recurrent hepatitis C virus infection posttransplantationT Bizollon
Unité d Hépatologie et de Transplantation hépatique, Groupement Hospitalier du Nord HCL, Lyon, France
Am J Transplant 7:448-53. 2007..More interesting is that fibrosis score was improved in 65% of treated patients despite failure of HCV eradication...