- [Trauma, traumatic stress and depression following an airline catastrophy]P Birmes
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie et Psychologie Médicale, Hopital Purpan Casselardit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Place Baylac, F 31059 Toulouse, France
Can J Psychiatry 45:932-4. 2000..Acute stress responses following a trauma indicate a sensitivity to posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and is often comorbid with depression. Earlier exposure to a traumatic event can be an additional risk factor in PTSD development...
- Neuropsychological outcome after carbon monoxide exposure following a storm: a case-control studyBérengère Pages
Service de Neurologie, Pole NeuroSciences, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, CHU Purpan, Place du Dr Baylac, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
BMC Neurol 14:153. 2014....
- Validation of the Peritraumatic Dissociative Experiences Questionnaire self-report version in two samples of French-speaking individuals exposed to traumaPhilippe Birmes
Department of Psychiatry and Douglas Hospital Research Center, Psychosocial Research Division, McGill University, Montreal, Que Canada
Eur Psychiatry 20:145-51. 2005..The Peritraumatic Dissociative Experiences Questionnaire (PDEQ) is a self-report inventory used to assess dissociation that occurred at the time of a trauma. The aim of this study was the validation the PDEQ in French...
- Symptoms of peritraumatic and acute traumatic stress among victims of an industrial disasterPhilippe J Birmes
Psychiatry Department, University Hospital of Toulouse, 170 avenue de Casselardit, TSA 40031, 31059 Toulouse cedex 09, France
Psychiatr Serv 56:93-5. 2005..Peritraumatic distress and dissociation and acute stress disorder appear conceptually different from one another and show promise in identifying who is at risk of PTSD...
- The predictive power of peritraumatic dissociation and acute stress symptoms for posttraumatic stress symptoms: a three-month prospective studyPhilippe Birmes
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie et Psychologie Médicale, Hôspital Casselardit la Grave, France
Am J Psychiatry 160:1337-9. 2003..The authors prospectively examined the power of peritraumatic dissociation and acute stress symptoms in predicting posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms...
- Serotonin syndrome: a brief reviewPhilippe Birmes
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Psychosocial Research Division, Douglas Hospital Research Center, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 168:1439-42. 2003
- [Victims of general crimes. Prospective and longitudinal assessment of psychological injuries]P Birmes
Département des urgences, CHU de Toulouse, 1, avenue Jean Poulhes, 31403 Toulouse, France
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 152:446-51. 2001..The aim of this study was to assess the relations between acute psychological injury, particularly peritraumatic dissociation, and early development of posttraumatic stress disorder in victims of violence...
- [Self-poisoning with Datura stramonium. 3 case reports]P Birmes
Département des urgences, CHU de Toulouse
Presse Med 31:69-72. 2002..Due to its easy availability and strong anticholinergic properties, substance users and teens may use Datura stramonium as a drug. Consumption of any part of the plant can result in severe toxicity...
- Peritraumatic dissociation, acute stress, and early posttraumatic stress disorder in victims of general crimeP Birmes
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie et Psychologie Médicale, Hôpital Purpan Casselardit CHU de Toulouse, Place Baylac, F 31059 Toulouse, France
Can J Psychiatry 46:649-51. 2001..To compare the relation between peritraumatic dissociation and acute stress and the early development of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in victims of general crime...
- Validation of the Peritraumatic Dissociative Experiences Questionnaire and Peritraumatic Distress Inventory in school-aged victims of road traffic accidentsE Bui
Laboratoire du stress traumatique LST JE 2511, CHU de Toulouse, Hôpital Casselardit, Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Eur Psychiatry 26:108-11. 2011..This study aims to assess the psychometric properties of the children versions of these two measures (PDI-C and PDEQ-C) in a sample of French-speaking school-children...
- [Biological factors of PTSD: neurotransmitters and neuromodulators]P Birmes
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie et Psychologie Médicale, Hopital Purpan Casselardit, CHU de Toulouse, Place Baylac, F 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Encephale 28:241-7. 2002..Such findings provide important information that should guide current pharmacological practice and the development of innovative biological therapeutics...
- Predictors of enduring PTSD after an industrial disasterPhilippe J Birmes
Psychiatr Serv 59:116. 2008