- Lytic failure in cross-inoculation assays between phages and prokaryotes from three aquatic sites of contrasting salinityYvan Bettarel
IRD, UMR 5119 Ecolag, Montpellier, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 311:113-8. 2010..Finally, our results suggest that cosmopolitan phages capable of moving between biomes are probably rare in aquatic habitats, supporting the common idea that most wild phages are relatively limited in their host range...
- Ecological traits of planktonic viruses and prokaryotes along a full-salinity gradientYvan Bettarel
IRD, UMR 5119 Ecosym, Montpellier, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 76:360-72. 2011..8 × 10(8) virus-like particles per milliliter) appears to be partly explained by their high stability and specific ability to persist and proliferate in these apparently restrictive habitats...
- Viral distribution and life strategies in the Bach Dang Estuary, VietnamYvan Bettarel
UMR 5119, ECOSYM, Montpellier 2 University, CNRS, IRD, IFREMER, Montpellier, France
Microb Ecol 62:143-54. 2011..This might be in turn a source of selection for the virioplankton community via specific affiliation favoring particular morphotypes and life strategies...
- Uncoupled viral and bacterial distributions in coral reef waters of Tuamotu Archipelago (French Polynesia)Marc Bouvy
UMR 5119, ECOSYM Ecologie des systèmes marins côtiers UM2, CNRS, IRD, IFREMER, UM1, Universite Montpellier 2, Place Eugene Bataillon, Case 093, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mar Pollut Bull 65:506-15. 2012..15%). However, the fraction of lysogenic cells ranged between 2.5% and 88.9%. Our results suggest that the distribution patterns of virioplankton are apparently not coupled to the spatial dynamics of the bacterioplankton communities...
- Enumerating viruses in coral mucusAmandine Leruste
UMR 5119 ECOSYM Université Montpellier 2 IRD IFREMER CNRS, Montpellier, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:6377-9. 2012..Seven protocols were tested, and the most efficient separations were obtained from a chemical treatment requiring potassium citrate...
- Diversity of virus-host systems in hypersaline Lake Retba, SenegalTélesphore Sime-Ngando
Laboratoire Microorganismes Génome et Environnement, Université Blaise Pascal Clermont Ferrand II, UMR CNRS 6023, F 63177, Aubiere Cedex, France
Environ Microbiol 13:1956-72. 2011..A large proportion of the sequences had similarity to previously sequenced viral metagenomes from solar salterns...