- Adrenal incidentalomasJerome Bertherat
Endocrinology Department, Cochin Hospital and Groupe d Etudes en Physiopathologie Endocrinienne, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, université Paris V René Descartes, Faculte Cochin, Paris, France
Curr Opin Oncol 14:58-63. 2002..However, alterations of the cyclic AMP signalling pathway have recently been observed in benign adrenocortical lesions and molecular defects associated with insulin-like growth factor-II overexpression in malignant adrenocortical tumors...
- Increased arterial pressure is not predictive of haemodynamic instability in patients undergoing adrenalectomy for phaeochromocytomaC Lentschener
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:522-7. 2009..We evaluated the predictive value of pre-operative high systolic arterial pressure (SAP) on intra- and post-operative haemodynamic instability, in 96 patients undergoing laparoscopic adrenalectomy for phaeochromocytoma...
- Carney complex (CNC)Jerome Bertherat
Centre de Référence Maladies Rares de la Surrénale, Service d endocrinologie, Hopital Cochin, INSERM U 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Institut Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes Paris 5, Paris, 75014, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 1:21. 2006..Bilateral adrenalectomy is the most common treatment for Cushing's syndrome due to PPNAD...
- Somatostatin receptors 2 and 5 are the major somatostatin receptors in insulinomas: an in vivo and in vitro studyJ Bertherat
Department of Endocrinology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5353-60. 2003..The mechanisms underlying the loss of expression of sst2/sst5 in a third of insulinomas remains to be determined, but this loss of expression may be involved in beta-cell dysfunction...
- New insights in the genetics of adrenocortical tumors, pheochromocytomas and paragangliomasJ Bertherat
Service des Maladies Endocriniennes et Metaboliques, Hopital Cochin, Pavillon Cornil, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 37:384-90. 2005....
- Mechanisms of disease: adrenocortical tumors--molecular advances and clinical perspectivesJerome Bertherat
University of Paris 5, Cochin Hospital, Endocrinology Service, Paris, France
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 2:632-41. 2006..The new findings should also help in the development of new therapeutic options...
- [Clinical and biological work-up of adrenal incidentalomas]J Bertherat
Centre de Référence Maladies Rares de la Surrénale, Service des Maladies Endocriniennes et Metaboliques, Hopital Cochin, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris
J Radiol 90:422-5. 2009..In patients with bilateral incidentalomas, the normal synacthen test and ACTH assay are also performed to exclude adrenal insufficiency...
- Identification of a clinically homogenous subgroup of benign cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors characterized by alterations of the protein kinase A (PKA) subunits and high PKA activityC Vincent-Dejean
INSERM U567, CNRS UMR8104, Endocrinology, Metabolism and Cancer Department, Institut Cochin, 75014 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 158:829-39. 2008..This study was designed to search for other alterations of PKA in ACT, and to establish their correlation with the clinical characteristics...
- Outcome in patients with adrenal incidentaloma selected for surgery: an analysis of 88 cases investigated in a single clinical centerJ P Luton
Clinique des Maladies Endocriniennes et Métaboliques, Hopital Cochin, and Université René Descartes Paris V, Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 143:111-7. 2000..The study was designed to evaluate the clinical, endocrinological and radiological parameters used to investigate adrenal incidentalomas and select patients for surgery...
- Risk factors for conversion and complications after unilateral laparoscopic adrenalectomyS Gaujoux
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Cochin Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Br J Surg 98:1392-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine predictive factors for postoperative complications and conversion to open surgery after unilateral LA...
- [Pigmented micronodular dysplasia of the adrenal glands and Carney complex]L Cazabat
INSERM U 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 66:187-93. 2005
- AXIN genetic analysis in adrenocortical carcinomas updatedA Guimier
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
J Endocrinol Invest 36:1000-3. 2013..Recently, genetic alteration in AXIN2, a key component of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway, has been described in adrenocortical tumors and specifically in adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC)...
- Alterations of the 11p15 imprinted region and the IGFs system in a case of recurrent non-islet-cell tumour hypoglycaemia (NICTH)J Bertherat
Clinique des Maladies Endocriniennes et Métaboliques CNRS UPR 1524, Hopital Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, Laboratoire d Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 53:213-20. 2000..We report an extensive study of IGF-II and IGFBPs as well as chromosome 11p15 gene expression regulation in a case of a pleural fibrosarcoma in a 63-year-old patient presenting with NICTH...
- Insights into the molecular biology of adrenocortical tumorsL Groussin
Clinique des Maladies Endocriniennes et Métaboliques, Endocrinology Department, Institut Cochin Faculté de Médecine René, Paris, France
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 115:175-8. 2007
- Exploration and management of adrenal incidentalomas. French Society of Endocrinology ConsensusA Tabarin
Service d endocrinologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, Pessac, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 69:487-500. 2008....
- Evaluation of plasma insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 as a marker for adrenocortical tumorsN Boulle
Laboratoire d Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital Trousseau, 26 Avenue Arnold Netter, AP HP and Unité INSERM U515, Hôpital Saint Antoine 75012 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 144:29-36. 2001..Circulating markers specific for adrenocortical carcinoma are needed and the aim of this study was to evaluate plasma IGFBP-2 as a marker for these malignant tumors...
- Molecular markers and long-term recurrences in a large cohort of patients with sporadic adrenocortical tumorsC Gicquel
Laboratoire d Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital Trousseau, AP HP, 75012 Paris, France
Cancer Res 61:6762-7. 2001..In patients who have undergone curative surgery, routine assessment of these tumor markers is a useful complement to histological scoring for predicting recurrence and guiding decisions for subsequent follow-up and management...
- Gene expression profiling in adrenocortical neoplasiaG Assie
Inserm U1016, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 351:111-7. 2012....
- Nuclear effects of the cAMP pathway activation in somatotrophsJ Bertherat
Clinique des Maladies Endocriniennes et Métaboliques, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Horm Res 47:245-50. 1997..The implications of the nuclear targets of cAMP in the differentiation and growth of somatotrophs are discussed in this review...
- Role of the PKA-regulated transcription factor CREB in development and tumorigenesis of endocrine tissuesD Rosenberg
CNRS UPR1524, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Hopital Cochin, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 968:65-74. 2002..Various alterations of the CREB family of transcription factors can be observed in endocrine tumors...
- Protein kinase A alterations in endocrine tumorsB Yu
Institut Cochin, Inserm U1016, Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 44:741-8. 2012..Cross-talks with other signaling pathways summarized in this review have been described and might participate in endocrine tumorigenesis...
- Massive postoperative ascites following pancreatic cysts fenestration in a patient with von Hippel-Lindau diseaseS Gaujoux
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Endocrinienne, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:910-3. 2008..This observation emphasizes that morbidity from surrounding pancreatic polycystic disease should not be underestimated in pancreatic surgery for VHLD...
- Carney complex: Clinical and genetic 2010 updateD Vezzosi
INSERM U, CNRS UMR, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 71:486-93. 2010..This last decade many progresses have been done in the knowledge of this rare disease and its genetics. This review outlines the current state of this knowledge on Carney complex...
- [Cushing's syndrome and adrenal insufficiency in pregnancy]J Bertherat
Service des Maladies Endocriniennes et Métaboliques Pr X Bertagna, Hopital Cochin, 27, rue du Fg St Jacques 75014 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 63:452-6. 2002..During labor steroid replacement therapy should be adapted as for any surgical procedure...
- [Stiff limb syndrome associated with Hashimoto's encephalopathy: improvement after corticotherapy]D Calvet
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 158:602-4. 2002..The stiff limb syndrome had a remitting course despite symptomatic treatment including diazepam, baclofen and vigabatrin and immunomodulating treatments including corticoid and intravenous immunoglobulins...