- Apathy and depression in mild Alzheimer's disease: a cross-sectional study using diagnostic criteriaMichel Benoit
Clinique de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Medicale, Pôle des Neurosciences Cliniques, CHU Nice, France
J Alzheimers Dis 31:325-34. 2012..Apathy and depression overlap considerably, and this might be explained by the presence of some non-specific symptoms in both diagnostic criteria. The need for social support is higher when a patient fulfills the two diagnostic criteria...
- [Treatment initiation in psychotic and manic episodes: French attitudes collected by Focus Group]M Benoit
Pôle neurosciences cliniques, Clinique de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Medicale, CHU Pasteur, 06002 Nice cedex 1, Nice, France
Encephale 38:266-73. 2012..A symptomatic approach is sometimes preferred, and a better alliance is always considered as a main objective. The FG method could be a supplementary support to continuous medical education...
- Imaging correlates of apathy and depression in Parkinson's diseaseMichel Benoit
Service de Psychiatrie, Pôle des Neurosciences Cliniques, CHU de Nice, France
J Neurol Sci 310:58-60. 2011..As neuroimaging studies give more arguments to the mechanisms of these symptoms, they also stimulate research for a better individualization of specific affective dimensions in Parkinson's disease...
- [Recurrent depression in the elderly: what cognitive prognosis?]M Benoit
Clinique de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Medicale, Pôle des Neurosciences Cliniques, CHU Pasteur, Nice, France
Encephale 36:S132-5. 2010..This is one of the main reasons to prevent recurrence of depression, especially in the second part of life...
- [Clinical and neurophysiological aspects of depression and apathy]M Benoit
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, H6pital Pasteur, 30 Vole Romaine, 06002 Nice cedex 1
Encephale 33:853-5. 2007
- Apathy and depression in Alzheimer's disease are associated with functional deficit and psychotropic prescriptionM Benoit
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, Hopital Pasteur, Nice, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:409-14. 2008..The clinical and functional specific correlates of these syndromes are not well known independently from cognitive deficits and other behavioral disturbances...
- Professional consensus on the treatment of agitation, aggressive behaviour, oppositional behaviour and psychotic disturbances in dementiaM Benoit
CM2R, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
J Nutr Health Aging 10:410-5. 2006
- [Cortical-subcortical dysregulation: "hypo-limbic" syndromes]M Benoit
Praticien Hospitalier, Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, Hopital Pasteur, Nice
Encephale 32:S36-9. 2006
- [Behavioural and psychological symptoms in dementia in Alzheimer's disease]Michel Benoit
Centre de mémoire de ressource et de recherche, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, BP 69, 06002 Nice
Rev Prat 55:1895-901. 2005..Pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of dementia depend on a large extent on the presence of BPSD...
- Brain perfusion correlates of the apathy inventory dimensions of Alzheimer's diseaseM Benoit
Centre Mémoire de Ressources and de Recherche CHU Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:864-9. 2004..Apathy is defined as a lack of motivation in behavior, cognition and affect. This syndrome is frequent in various neuropsychiatric diseases but little is known about its pathophysiology...
- Apathy in patients with mild cognitive impairment and the risk of developing dementia of Alzheimer's disease: a one-year follow-up studyPhilippe H Robert
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU de Nice, INSERM JE 2441, France
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:733-6. 2006..To evaluate the relation between apathy and development of dementia in patients with amnestic mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...
- Importance of lack of interest in patients with mild cognitive impairmentPhilippe H Robert
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU de Nice, INSERM JE 2441, Nice, France
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:770-6. 2008..The aim of the authors' study was to examine the influence of the apathy dimensions, i.e., emotional blunting, lack of initiative, and lack of interest, on the risk of developing of Alzheimer disease (AD) in patients with MCI...
- Neuropsychological performance in mild cognitive impairment with and without apathyPhilippe H Robert
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU de Nice, INSERM JE 2441, Nice, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 21:192-7. 2006..To investigate the neuropsychological characteristics of patients diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) with and without apathy...
- Striatal dopamine transporter levels correlate with apathy in neurodegenerative diseases A SPECT study with partial volume effect correctionRenaud David
centre mémoire de ressource et de recherche, CHU Nice, France
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:19-24. 2008..The aim of the present study was to stress the relationship between neuropsychiatric symptoms and most particularly apathy and striatal dopamine uptake in patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) or dementia with Lewy body (DLB)...
- [Nutritional status and Alzheimer's disease: preliminary results of the REAL.FR study]P Brocker
Centre mémoire du CHU de Nice, France
Rev Med Interne 24:314s-318s. 2003..001). These first results in a French cohort of patients with AD underline the importance of the evaluation of nutritional status and finally the follow-up of eating behavior, cognitive status and the quality of life of the caregivers...
- Proposed diagnostic criteria for apathy in Alzheimer's disease and other neuropsychiatric disordersP Robert
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
Eur Psychiatry 24:98-104. 2009..Finally, exclusion criteria are specified to exclude symptoms and states that mimic apathy...
- Brain perfusion in Alzheimer's disease with and without apathy: a SPECT study with statistical parametric mapping analysisMichel Benoit
Clinique de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Medicale, Hopital Pasteur, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, F 06002 Nice Cedex 1, France
Psychiatry Res 114:103-11. 2002....
- [Behavioral and psychological symptoms in dementia: description and management]M Benoit
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, Hopital Pasteur, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, BP 69, 06002 CHU de Nice Cedex 1, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:357-66. 2005..This report was updated with the most recent literature reports, and was adapted to the French environment. This paper is a synthesis of this meeting, validated and corrected by the entire Thema 2 group...
- Nutritional status assessment during Alzheimer's disease: results after one year (the REAL French Study Group)O Guerin
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU Nice, France
J Nutr Health Aging 9:81-4. 2005..FR cohort (for Réseau sur la Maladie d'Alzheimer Français), depending on their nutritional state, and to consider their evolution one year after the original inclusion...
- [Behavioral and psychologic symptoms in Alzheimer's disease: results of the REAL.FR study]M Benoit
Centre mémoire de ressources et de recherches du CHU de Nice, Hopital Pasteur, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice, France
Rev Med Interne 24:319s-324s. 2003..Apathy was the most common abnormality, followed by anxiety and dysphoria. These results in a French cohort of patients with AD underline the importance of the evaluation and finally of the treatment of BPSD...
- [Depression and apathy in Alzheimer's disease]Michel Benoit
Centre Mémoire de Ressources et de Recherche CMRR PACA, CHU Nice
Presse Med 32:S14-8. 2003..Cholinesterase inhibitors and selective serotonine reuptake inhibitors as well as serotoninergic antidepressants have been found to be effective for certain components of apathy...
- Improved symptom control, functioning and satisfaction in French patients treated with long-acting injectable risperidoneP M Llorca
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Psychiatrie B, Place Henri Dunand, 63003 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Encephale 34:170-8. 2008..To investigate the efficacy and tolerability of direct initiation of long-acting injectable risperidone (LAIR) in adults with schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders requiring a change of treatment...
- [Apathy in Alzheimer's disease: results from three French studies]Philippe Henri Robert
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, Universite de Nice, Sophia Antipolis
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 2:87-92. 2004....
- Anxiety and impulsivity levels identify relevant subtypes in adolescents with at-risk behaviorFlorence L Askenazy
Service universitaire de psychiatrie de l enfant et de l adolescent, Fondation Lenval, 57, avenue de la Californie, 06200 Nice, France
J Affect Disord 74:219-27. 2003..We therefore classified them into sub-groups according to these two major dimensions. The study examined the relevance of these groups by describing their major diagnoses and behavioral characteristics...