- [Joseph-Guichard Duverney (1648-1730). Doctor, teacher and researcher in the 17th and 18th centuries]M Benkhadra
INSERM U887, Laboratoire d Anatomie, faculté de médecine de Dijon, 7, boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon, France
Morphologie 94:63-7. 2010..He died at the age of 82 years, and worked for the service of science until his death. His legacy consists of many works, some have been used by his pupils to highlight all the benefits he gave to the scientific community...
- Is Thiel's embalming method widely known? A world survey about its useMehdi Benkhadra
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Teaching Hospital, Dijon, France
Surg Radiol Anat 33:359-63. 2011..It would appear that few anatomy laboratories use this method, and literature describing its use worldwide is sparse. The aim of our study was to conduct a worldwide survey on the use of this method...
- Flexibility of Thiel's embalmed cadavers: the explanation is probably in the musclesMehdi Benkhadra
Laboratory of Anatomy INSERM U887, Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Burgundy, 7 bd Jeanne d Arc, 21033 Dijon, France
Surg Radiol Anat 33:365-8. 2011..We aimed to perform microscopic comparison of muscle and tendon fibres from fresh cadavers (FC), formaldehyde-preserved cadavers (FPC) and cadavers conserved by Thiel's method (TC)...
- Cricoid cartilage and esophagus: CT scan study of the dynamic variability of their relative positionsMehdi Benkhadra
Laboratory of Anatomy INSERM U887, Faculte de Medecine, University of Burgundy, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, Dijon, France
Surg Radiol Anat 31:537-43. 2009..Failures of this technique had been described and a possible displacement of the E relative to the CC had been reported, but there is no study about displacement during antero-posterior movements of the head...
- Comparison of fresh and Thiel's embalmed cadavers according to the suitability for ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia of the cervical regionMehdi Benkhadra
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Teaching Hospital, Boulevard Marechal De Lattre de Tassigny, Dijon, France
Surg Radiol Anat 31:531-5. 2009..Several models are available, but none associates realistic anatomy and lifelike sensations of the passage of fascias. The aim of our study was to compare fresh and Thiel's embalmed cadavers for ultrasound-guided punctures...
- [Open chest cardiopulmonary resuscitation: is there an interest in France?]M Benkhadra
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Le Bocage, CHU de Dijon, 2, Boulevard Marechal De Lattre de Tassigny, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:920-33. 2008..To expose and clarify indications, techniques, results, complications and cost for open chest cardiopulmonary resuscitation manoeuvres (OCCRM) in traumatic or nontraumatic cardiac arrest...
- [François Chaussier (1746-1828). A vision of the anatomic nomenclature based on education]M Benkhadra
Laboratoire d Anatomie, faculté de médecine de Dijon, 7, boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon, France
Morphologie 92:195-8. 2008..He wanted to make science learning easier for the students; that we can see in his myology nomenclature, his publications and anatomical drawings. His experience is still interesting nowadays...
- A new anatomical technique to investigate nerves by imageryMehdi Benkhadra
Laboratoire d Anatomie, Faculty of Medicine, University of Burgundy, 7 bd Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon, France
Surg Radiol Anat 31:221-4. 2009..We describe a novel post mortem technique that makes it possible to visualise the nerve structure of the brachial plexus using imaging...
- A comparison of two emergency cricothyroidotomy kits in human cadaversMehdi Benkhadra
Division of Anatomy, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 106:182-5, table of contents. 2008....
- [Trapezio second metacarpal joint: anatomical study and clinical matters]O Trost
Laboratoire d Anatomie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Bourgogne, 7, boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon, France
Morphologie 92:78-81. 2008..An unusual dislocation of the column of the thumb associated with a fracture of the base of the second metacarpal inspired an anatomical study of the trapeziosecond metacarpal joint...
- [Contribution of the posterior auricular artery in the vascularization of the facial nerve in prestylian space: anatomical study and surgical applications]O Trost
Laboratoire d Anatomie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Bourgogne, and Service de chirurgie maxillo faciale et stomatologie, Hopital General, CHU de Dijon, 3, rue du Faubourg Raines, 21033 Dijon, France
Morphologie 92:171-5. 2008..The aim of our study was to establish a systematization of collateral branches originating from posterior auricular artery to facial nerve in prestylian space...
- [Long is the road...]O Trost
INSERM U 887 Motricité Plasticité, Laboratoire d Anatomie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Bourgogne, 7, boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon, France
Morphologie 93:1-5. 2009..Training of anatomists requires long preparation in their own institutes as well as in common sessions organized at the Saints-Pères Institute of Anatomy of Paris, a mythic place of anatomy in France...
- Comparison of two techniques for retrograde tracheal intubation in human fresh cadaversFrancois Lenfant
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hopital General, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Dijon, France
Anesthesiology 104:48-51. 2006..This work was conducted to study the impact of such a modification on the success rate and the duration of the procedure...