- Identification and chemoprevention in subjects at moderate risk of colorectal cancerRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, 125 rue de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 25:631-40. 2011..In the present article, we will try to better define these particular situations and discuss the risk quantification and the expected chemoprevention contribution...
- Prevention by daily soluble aspirin of colorectal adenoma recurrence: 4-year results of the APACC randomised trialRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Avicenne Hospital, Paris 13 University, Bobigny, France
Gut 61:255-61. 2012..In this study the results of daily intake of low-dose aspirin on polyp recurrence at 4-year follow-up are presented...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression and recurrence of colorectal adenomas: effect of aspirin chemopreventionRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
Gut 59:622-9. 2010..Low-dose aspirin reduces the incidence of colorectal cancer and recurrence of adenomas. Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), one of its main target enzymes, is reportedly over-expressed in colorectal adenomas...
- Low dose aspirin, COX-inhibition and chemoprevention of colorectal cancerRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastro enterology, Hopital Avicenne, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Curr Top Med Chem 5:493-503. 2005..Four RCTs of the effect of aspirin on adenoma recurrence are available. Other trials are currently underway...
- Daily soluble aspirin and prevention of colorectal adenoma recurrence: one-year results of the APACC trialRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, Avicenne Hospital, AP HP, Paris 13 University, Bobigny Cedex, France
Gastroenterology 125:328-36. 2003..Epidemiologic and experimental studies have suggested that aspirin intake reduces the risk for colorectal carcinogenesis. However, the available data are not sufficient to serve as the basis for firm recommendations...
- Calcium supplementation for preventing colorectal cancer: where do we stand?Robert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, Avicenne Hospital, AP HP, Paris 13 University, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Lancet 364:1197-9. 2004
- [Chemopreventive agents in colorectal cancer]Robert Benamouzig
Service de Gastro Enterologie, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny
Rev Prat 53:2213-4. 2003
- [Inter-observer agreement on histological diagnosis of colorectal polyps: the APACC study]Hachung Yoon
Service de Gastro Enterologie, Hopital Avicenne, 125, rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:220-4. 2002..Their interpretations were compared to those of the study's consensual diagnosis performed by two reference pathologists...
- Is colorectal cancer an avoidable disease nowadays?Robert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93000 Bobigny, France
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 18:107-11. 2004..Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer that involves the long-term use of pharmacological agents as aspirin also seems to be effective...
- Prevalence and co-occurrence of upper and lower functional gastrointestinal symptoms in patients eligible for bariatric surgeryMarinos Fysekidis
Diabetes, Nutrition and Endocrinology Department, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny, France
Obes Surg 22:403-10. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the prevalence and the association of functional digestive symptoms affecting the upper and the lower digestive tract in patients eligible for bariatric surgery...
- [NSAID, type 2 cyclo-oxygenase inhibitors and pancreatic carcinogenesis]Gaetan des Guetz
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:411-4. 2005
- Comparison of FDG-PET/CT and MR with diffusion-weighted imaging for assessing peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastrointestinal malignancyMichael Soussan
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Universite Paris 13, CHU Avicenne, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93000, Bobigny, France
Eur Radiol 22:1479-87. 2012..To assess the accuracy of FDG-PET/CT and MR with diffusion-weighted imaging (MR-DWI) for diagnosing peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) from gastrointestinal malignancies...
- Postprandial protein metabolism but not a fecal test reveals protein malabsorption in patients with pancreatic exocrine insufficiencyGheorghe Airinei
Gastroenterology Unit, CRNH IdF, AP HP, University Paris 13, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Clin Nutr 30:831-7. 2011..We investigated this question in patients with chronic pancreatitis, both in the absence and presence of enzyme therapy, using a stable isotope sensitive method...
- Treatment of refractory irritable bowel syndrome with visceral osteopathy: Short-term and long-term results of a randomized trialThu Van Attali
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
J Dig Dis 14:654-61. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of visceral osteopathy for IBS...
- Expression of ghrelin in fundus is increased after gastric banding in morbidly obese patientsBernard Uzzan
Department of Pharmacology Hormonology, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bobigny, France
Obes Surg 17:1159-64. 2007..In this study, we assessed serum ghrelin level and gastric fundus expression before and 1 year after LAGB...
- Simultaneous decompression colonoscopy and radiologic G-tube insertion in a patient with megacolon because of chronic colonic pseudo-obstructionAlain Attar
Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny
Gastrointest Endosc 62:975-6; discussion 976. 2005
- [Buerger's disease or thromboangiitis obliterans revealed by an enteric ischemia. Case report and literature review]Camilo Adem
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Avicenne, 125, rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:409-11. 2002..Histopathological findings were consistent with thromboangiitis obliterans. Unexplained abdominal pain, even if inaugural, in young male smokers, should evoke the possibility of Buerger's disease...
- Beneficial effects of an amino acid mixture on colonic mucosal healing in ratsXinxin Liu
UMR 914 PNCA INRA, AgroParisTech Physiologie de la Nutrition et du Comportement Alimentaire, Paris, France Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologique, Hôpital Xavier Bichat, Paris, France INSERM U773, Centre de Recherche Biomédicale Bichat Beaujon Université Paris 7, Paris, France Frontier Research Laboratory, Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co Inc, Kawasaki, Japan and Departement de Gastroentérologie, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bobigny, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:2895-905. 2013..Here, we investigated the effect of an amino acid mixture supplement on rat MH...
- Deficient mismatch repair phenotype is a prognostic factor for colorectal cancer in elderly patientsThomas Aparicio
Gastroenterology, Avicenne Hospital, APHP, Universite Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Dig Liver Dis 45:245-50. 2013..The frequency of deficient DNA mismatch repair tumours increases with age due to the hypermethylation of hMLH1 promoter. The study aimed to determine the prognostic value of deficient DNA mismatch repair phenotype in elderly patients...