- Practical guidelines for the diagnosis and management of weight loss in Alzheimer's disease: a consensus from appropriateness ratings of a large expert panelJ Belmin
Service de Gériatrie and Université Paris 6, Hopital Charles Foix, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
J Nutr Health Aging 11:33-7. 2007..Weight loss is a frequent condition in Alzheimer's disease patients and is responsible for complications and impaired quality of life. Practical guidelines for the diagnosis and management of weight loss in Alzheimer's disease are lacking...
- The cognitive disorders examination (Codex) is a reliable 3-minute test for detection of dementia in the elderly (validation study on 323 subjects)Joel Belmin
Hôpital Charles Foix et Universite Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine
Presse Med 36:1183-90. 2007..Tools that are easy to use in primary care might facilitate earlier detection of dementia...
- [Management of Alzheimer disease]Joel Belmin
Service de gériatrie et consultation mémoire, Hôpital Charles Foix et Université Paris VI, Ivry sur Seine 94
Presse Med 36:1500-10. 2007..Among these activities, the best evaluated and most interesting are: educational programs for caregivers, occupational therapy at home, and interventions at home by nurses specially trained as case managers...
- [Prevention of coronary heart disease and heart failure in the elderly]Joel Belmin
Service de Geriatrie, hôpital Charles Foix AP HP et université UPMC Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France
Rev Prat 59:1389-95. 2009....
- [Normal ageing: biological, functional and relational aspects. Epidemiological and sociological date. Prevention of the pathological ageing]Joel Belmin
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix et Universite Paris 6, 94205 Ivry sur Seine
Rev Prat 56:2187-95. 2006
- [Dementia syndromes in the elderly: diagnostic procedures]Sylvie Pariel-Madjlessi
Service de gériatrie et consultation mémoire, Hôpital Charles Foix et Faculté de médecine Pierre et Marie Curie Université Paris VI, Ivry sur Seine 94
Presse Med 36:1442-52. 2007..Lack of recognition of dementia in the elderly and delay in its diagnosis raise the question of screening to detect it at an earlier stage...
- Vaccination in older adults: development of an educational tool, Vaxisenior, in FranceJoel Belmin
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix and Université UPMC Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France
Expert Rev Vaccines 9:15-20. 2010..Implementation of vaccination policies for older adults is a major issue and will require extensive promotional campaigns, as well as active support from healthcare and public health professionals to improve overall vaccine coverage...
- Comparison between the three most popular formulae to estimate renal function, in subjects 75 years of age or olderSophie Chauvelier
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix et Université UPMC Paris, Ivry sur Seine, France
Drugs Aging 29:885-90. 2012....
- [Patient education in geriatrics: which specificities?]Sylvie Pariel
Service de gériatrie ambulatoire et de relations avec ville, Hopital Charles Foix, 94200 Ivry sur Seine, France
Presse Med 42:217-23. 2013..Works have to be done to developed specials programs in other chronic diseases, with the relevant adaptation for the geriatric patient and his/her caregiver...
- Arterial stiffness is associated with orthostatic hypotension in elderly subjects with history of fallsJacques Boddaert
Service de médecine interne gériatrique, Hôpital Charles Foix et Université Paris 61, Ivry sur Seine, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:568-72. 2004..To test the hypothesis that impaired hemodynamic orthostatic changes commonly observed in the elderly may be related to age-related increase in arterial wall stiffness...
- [Pseudotachycardia in an elderly woman with diabetes and heart disease]Daniel Mbwakongo
Service de Geriatrie, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine
Presse Med 36:1771-2. 2007
- Patterns of loss of basic activities of daily living in Alzheimer patients: A cross-sectional study of the French REAL cohortLaurent Lechowski
Service de médecine gériatrique, AP HP, Hopital Sainte Perine, Paris, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 29:46-54. 2010..To characterize loss of basic activities of daily living (BADL) in 687 Alzheimer's disease (AD) community-dwelling patients included in the French REAL cohort...
- Improving the vaccination coverage of geriatric populationsJ Belmin
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix et Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94200 Ivry sur Seine, France
J Comp Pathol 142:S125-8. 2010..Active promotion of vaccination uptake should be implemented by health authorities and targeted to older adults. Other means, including the use of educational tools and guidelines to improve practice, should be more widely employed...
- [Contribution of interventional studies of family caregivers of patients with Alzheimer's disease]Joel Belmin
Hopital Charles Foix, Universite Paris Nord, Ivry sur Seine
Presse Med 32:S9-13. 2003....
- Assessment of healthcare worker influenza vaccination program in French geriatric wards: a cluster-randomized controlled trialMonique Rothan-Tondeur
ORIG, Charles Foix Hospital, Ivry sur Seine, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 22:450-5. 2010..The present article reports results after implementation of the first active program...
- Renal function in older hospital patients is more accurately estimated using the Cockcroft-Gault formula than the modification diet in renal disease formulaRenaud Pequignot
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France, and Service de Médecine et de Réadaptation, Hopital National, Saint Maurice, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1638-43. 2009..To compare the accuracy of the two most popular creatinine clearance (CrCl) estimation formulae (Cockcroft-Gault (CG) and Modification Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD)) in older hospitalized patients...
- Educational vaccine tools: the French initiativeJoel Belmin
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix and Université UPMC Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:250-3. 2009..It has also been proposed to physicians in charge of medical coordination of nursing homes and is available on a web site...
- [Depression: an underrated consequence of stroke in elderly]Sylvie Pariel-Madjlessi
Service hospitalo universitaire de gériatrie et consultation Mémoire, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 3:7-16. 2005..Antidepressant drugs improve depressive symptoms and functional recovery. Therefore, search for depression should be systematic early at the stroke reeducation phase to instaure appropriate treatment...
- Prevention of cardiovascular events in elderly peopleWafik Farah Andrawes
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix et Universite Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France
Drugs Aging 22:859-76. 2005..We reviewed the scientific literature concerning cardiovascular prevention to assess the importance of cardiovascular preventive measures in old (> or =65 years of age) individuals...
- [Nosocomial influenza outbreak in a geriatrics department: Effectiveness of preventive measures]Anne Gaëlle Andrieu
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix et Université Paris VI, Ivry sur Seine 94
Presse Med 35:1419-26. 2006..To describe a nosocomial influenza outbreak and the pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic control measures implemented in a hospital ward with beds for acute geriatric care and rehabilitation care...
- Level of dependency: a simple marker associated with mortality during the 2003 heatwave among French dependent elderly people living in the community or in institutionsJoel Belmin
Service de Geriatrie, Hôptal Charles Foix and Université Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France
Age Ageing 36:298-303. 2007..In France, the August 2003 heat wave was responsible for considerable excess mortality among the elderly. We wonder whether the dependency level could be a marker of the risk for mortality during this heat wave...
- Antiarrhythmics for maintaining sinus rhythm after cardioversion of atrial fibrillationCarmelo Lafuente-Lafuente
Service de Gériatrie à orientation Cardiologique et Neurologique, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 7 avenue de la Republique, Ivry sur Seine, Ile de France, France, 94205
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD005049. 2015..Antiarrhythmic drugs have been widely used to prevent recurrence, but the effect of these drugs on mortality and other clinical outcomes is unclear. This is an update of a review previously published in 2008 and 2012...
- [Anticoagulation of older patients: what is new?]Carmelo Lafuente-Lafuente
Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix AP HP, site Charles Foix, pôle de gériatrie Paris Val de Marne, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Presse Med 42:187-96. 2013..NOA also have other unresolved problems: drug interactions are still possible, specific coagulation test to assess them must be developed, and no specific antidote is currently available in case of hemorrhagic complication...
- Masitinib as an adjunct therapy for mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease: a randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 trialFrançois Piette
Hopital Charles Foix, Service de Medecine, Bâtiment Louis Ramond, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Alzheimers Res Ther 3:16. 2011..As the brain is rich in mast cells, the therapeutic potential of masitinib as an adjunct therapy to standard care was investigated...
- [Validation of GABI: a simplified computerized assessment of functional decline in geriatrics]Christel Oasi
Service de Geriatrie, Hopital Charles Foix, F 94205 Ivry sur Seine Cedex, France
Presse Med 37:1195-203. 2008..The numerous and often redundant tools available make the task more complex. Our objective was to validate an assessment scale combined with a computer application that yields several standard scores from a single assessment...
- International publications from the French geriatric teams: evolution in the course of last 22 yearsS Leonardelli
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix et Universite Paris 6, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
J Nutr Health Aging 12:285-8. 2008..Bibliometry is a widely used method assessing the activity of research...