Genomes and Genes
- Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism and psychiatric disorders in NF1 patientsF Bellivier
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet 105:758-60. 2001..In addition, allele and genotype frequencies were similar in the two groups. Our data do not support the implication of the 5-HTT gene in the psychiatric comorbidities of NF1...
- Schizophrenia, antipsychotics and diabetes: Genetic aspectsF Bellivier
Department of Psychiatry, CHU Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Eur Psychiatry 20:S335-9. 2005....
- Age at onset in bipolar I affective disorder: further evidence for three subgroupsFrank Bellivier
Department of Psychiatry, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 51 avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Am J Psychiatry 160:999-1001. 2003..Preliminary data suggested that there are three subgroups of bipolar affective disorder based on age at onset. The authors sought to replicate those findings and determine the cut-off age of each subgroup...
- Association between the TPH gene A218C polymorphism and suicidal behavior: a meta-analysisFrank Bellivier
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte Pr Rouillon, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 124:87-91. 2004..Both analyses suggested that the A allele has a dose-dependent effect on the risk of suicidal behavior...
- Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism influences age at onset in patients with bipolar affective disorderFrank Bellivier
Service de Psychiatrie, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Neurosci Lett 334:17-20. 2002....
- Antidepressant-induced mania, rapid cycling and the serotonin transporter gene polymorphismA Rousseva
Service de Psychiatrie, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Pharmacogenomics J 3:101-4. 2003..The association between the "s" allele and rapid cycling may provide further evidence for an association between the 5-HTTLPR "s" allele and a pattern of affective instability...
- A SNAP25 promoter variant is associated with early-onset bipolar disorder and a high expression level in brainB Etain
INSERM, U 955, IMRB, Department of Genetics, Psychiatry Genetics, Creteil, F 94010, France
Mol Psychiatry 15:748-55. 2010..Further analyses of this gene, as well as analysis of genes encoding for the SNAP25 protein partners, are required to understand the impact of such molecular mechanisms in BD...
- Age at onset and gender resemblance in bipolar siblingsM Leboyer
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 81:125-31. 1998..No intrafamilial correlation was found for the gender of affected siblings, suggesting that familial vulnerability factors are not gender-specific...
- Lack of influence of COMT and NET genes variants on executive functions in schizophrenic and bipolar patients, their first-degree relatives and controlsA Szoke
Psychiatry Department, AP HP, Albert Chenevier and Henri Mondor Hospitals, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:504-12. 2006..In our sample we found no evidence in favor of a major effect of COMT or NET polymorphisms on the two tests of EF...
- Duration of untreated bipolar disorder: missed opportunities on the long road to optimal treatmentN Drancourt
AP HP, Hôpital H Mondor A Chenevier, Pôle de Psychiatry, Creteil, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 127:136-44. 2013..In bipolar disorder (BD), this concept has rarely been systematically defined or not been applied to large clinically representative samples...
- The value of navigation-guided rTMS for the treatment of depression: an illustrative caseJ P Lefaucheur
Service de Physiologie, Explorations Fonctionnelles, CHU Henri Mondor, AP HP, 94010 Creteil, France
Neurophysiol Clin 37:265-71. 2007..The use of navigation systems should limit the variability of the results reported so far in the treatment of depression by rTMS...
- [Biology and genetics of circadian rhythm]F Bellivier
pôle de psychiatrie, CHU de Créteil, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris 12
Encephale 35:S53-7. 2009..Beyond our understanding of the functioning of these biological clocks, this knowledge will be extremely useful to analyse genetic factors involved in morbid conditions involving circadian rhythm abnormalities...
- Bipolar sensation seeking is associated with a propensity to abuse rather than to temperamental characteristicsC Henry
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie, CHS Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, F 33076 Cedex, Bordeaux, France
Eur Psychiatry 16:289-92. 2001..As some temperament profiles may be markers of genetic vulnerability traits, we aimed to compare sensation seeking in euthymic bipolar patients and in controls...
- Temperament in bipolar illness: impact on prognosisC Henry
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie, CHS Charles Perrens, Bordeaux, France
J Affect Disord 56:103-8. 1999..The present study was designed to investigate the relations between temperament and outcome in bipolar illness...
- [Cognitive disturbances and bipolar depression]A Raust
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, pôle de psychiatrie, Creteil, F 94000, France
Encephale 37:S191-5. 2011..Thus the development of specific cognitive remediation programs is a major stake. These deficits may be markers of vulnerability to bipolar disorder, but may also reflect the cognitive « toxicity » of major mood episodes...
- Chronotypes of Bipolar Patients in Remission: Validation of the French Version of the Circadian Type Inventory in the FACE-BD SampleC Boudebesse
INSERM, U955, Creteil, France
Chronobiol Int 30:1042-9. 2013....
- Suicide attempts and the tryptophan hydroxylase geneM Abbar
Department of Psychiatry, Caremeau Hospital, Nimes, France
Mol Psychiatry 6:268-73. 2001..The results presented here, and those of previous studies, suggest that a genetic variant of the 3' part of the TPH gene may be a susceptibility factor for a phenotype combining suicidal behavior, mood disorder and impulsive aggression...
- Inter-hemispheric asymmetry of motor corticospinal excitability in major depression studied by transcranial magnetic stimulationJ P Lefaucheur
Service de Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 94010 Creteil, France
J Psychiatr Res 42:389-98. 2008..This study aimed at comparing motor corticospinal excitability assessed by methods of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) between the right and left hemispheres in patients with major depression and healthy controls...
- [Evolution of bipolar disorder]F Bellivier
Département Universitaire de Psychiatrie Adulte Professeur M Leboyer, CHU Henri Mondor, Albert Chenevier, 94010 Creteil Cedex
Encephale 32:S506-10. 2006
- Feasibility, reproducibility, risks and benefits of face transplantation: a prospective study of outcomesL Lantieri
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Henri Mondor Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Am J Transplant 11:367-78. 2011..Face transplantation has been reproducible under conventional immunosuppression. Major improvements in facial aesthetic and function allowed patients to recover social relations and improved their quality of life...
- Genome-wide scan for genes involved in bipolar affective disorder in 70 European families ascertained through a bipolar type I early-onset proband: supportive evidence for linkage at 3p14B Etain
INSERM U513, Neurobiology and Psychiatry, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
Mol Psychiatry 11:685-94. 2006..51 to 3.83. This study is the first to use early-onset bipolar type I probands in an attempt to increase sample homogeneity. These preliminary findings require confirmation in independent panels of families...
- The influence of four serotonin-related genes on decision-making in suicide attemptersFabrice Jollant
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:615-24. 2007..We hypothesize that the influence of genetic factors on the vulnerability to suicidal behavior may partly be achieved through their modulation of decision-making and particularly its learning component...
- No evidence for physical anhedonia as a candidate symptom or an endophenotype in bipolar affective disorderBruno Etain
AP HP, Hopital Albert Chenevier, Département Hospitalo Universitaire de Psychiatrie, Universite Paris XII, France
Bipolar Disord 9:706-12. 2007..Physical anhedonia (PA) is considered a possible candidate symptom and endophenotype in schizophrenia, but has never been specifically investigated in BPAD...
- Genetic association studies. Definition of cases and controlsFrank Bellivier
Service de psychiatrie Pr Rouillon, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creitel, France
Methods Mol Med 77:127-41. 2003
- Anxiety disorders in 318 bipolar patients: prevalence and impact on illness severity and response to mood stabilizerChantal Henry
Department of Adult Psychiatry, Charles Perrens Hospital, and INSERM U 394, Integrative Neurobiology, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Psychiatry 64:331-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the frequency and impact of anxiety disorders on illness severity and response to mood stabilizers in bipolar disorders...
- Affective lability and affect intensity as core dimensions of bipolar disorders during euthymic periodChantal Henry
Departement de psychiatrie adulte, Bâtiment Lescure, CHS Charles Perrens, 121 rue de la Bechade, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Psychiatry Res 159:1-6. 2008..Both dimensions could account for the stress reactivity of bipolar patients that may lead to relapses...
- Association between brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene and a severe form of bipolar disorder, but no interaction with the serotonin transporter geneIlona Vincze
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Bipolar Disord 10:580-7. 2008..Our hypothesis is that some BDNF and 5HTT polymorphisms might confer increased risk for BD and SB and that both genes may interact with each other...
- Schizotypal dimensions: an intermediate phenotype associated with the COMT high activity alleleFranck Schurhoff
Département Hospitalo Universitaire de Psychiatrie, Hôpital Albert Chenevier et Henri Mondor, 40 rue Mesly, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:64-8. 2007....
- Lack of association between 5HT2A receptor gene haplotype, bipolar disorder and its clinical subtypes in a West European sampleBruno Etain
Department of Psychiatry, Henri Mondor Hospital, AP HP, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 129:29-33. 2004..Our study suggests that the 5HT2AR gene is unlikely to be involved in genetic susceptibility to BPAD but should be further investigated in a pharmacogenetic study...
- Prefrontal cortex dysfunction in patients with suicidal behaviorAurelie Raust
Department of Psychiatry, Chenevier Mondor Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil Cedex, France
Psychol Med 37:411-9. 2007..We investigated PFC-related neuropsychological function in patients with suicidal behavior, separating dorsolateral PFC (DLPFC)- and orbitofrontal cortex (OFC)-related functions...
- Bipolar patients with suicidal behavior: toward the identification of a clinical subgroupFrederic Slama
Department of Psychiatry of Henri Mondor and Albert Chenevier Hospitals Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1035-9. 2004..Suicide is the most severe and frequent complication of bipolar disorder, but little is known about the clinical characteristics of bipolar patients at risk of suicide. The purpose of this study was to identify those characteristics...
- Admixture analysis of age at onset in schizophreniaFranck Schurhoff
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte and INSERM U513, du Pr Rouillon, Hôpital Albert Chenevier et Henri Mondor AP HP, 40 rue Mesly, Creteil, 94000 France
Schizophr Res 71:35-41. 2004..Working with homogeneous subgroups defined on the basis of AAO may facilitate the identification of genetic vulnerability factors in schizophrenia...
- Suicidal disorders: a nosological entity per se?Marion Leboyer
Department of Psychiatry, Hôpital Albert Chenevier et Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 133:3-7. 2005....
- Impaired decision making in suicide attemptersFabrice Jollant
Department of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Lapeyronie Hospital, Institut National de la Santé et de la Researche Médicale INSERM, E 0361, France
Am J Psychiatry 162:304-10. 2005..In this preliminary study, the authors assessed decision making in suicide attempters...
- Serotonin transporter gene may be involved in short-term risk of subsequent suicide attemptsPhilippe Courtet
Department of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
Biol Psychiatry 55:46-51. 2004..We aim to determine the predictive value of two serotonin-related genes, the tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) and serotonin transporter (5-HTTLPR) genes that have been involved in the susceptibility to suicidal behavior...
- Executive dysfunctions as potential markers of familial vulnerability to bipolar disorder and schizophreniaTiziana Zalla
Institut de Sciences Cognitives, Bron, France
Psychiatry Res 121:207-17. 2004..Enhanced susceptibility to interference and reduced inhibition could be transnosographical markers for a shared familial vulnerability common to schizophrenia and bipolar disorders...
- Familial aggregation of delusional proneness in schizophrenia and bipolar pedigreesFranck Schurhoff
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, Hôpital Albert Chenevier et Henri Mondor, France
Am J Psychiatry 160:1313-9. 2003..To identify a potential psychotic dimension common to families of both bipolar and schizophrenia probands, the authors tested if delusional proneness was observed among first-degree relatives of bipolar and schizophrenia probands...
- Familial resemblance for executive functions in families of schizophrenic and bipolar patientsAndrei Szoke
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, Hôpital Albert Chenevier et Henri Mondor Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 94000 Creteil, France
Psychiatry Res 144:131-8. 2006..Thus, executive measures, as assessed by the WCST or the TMT, should not be used as endophenotypes in genetic studies of schizophrenia unless confounders are identified and their effects eliminated...
- Executive deficits in psychotic and bipolar disorders - implications for our understanding of schizoaffective disorderAndrei Szoke
INSERM, U 841, F 94000 Creteil, France
Eur Psychiatry 23:20-5. 2008..The study of cognitive deficits in subjects with those diagnoses could help differentiate between these possibilities...
- Anhedonia in schizophrenia: a distinct familial subtype?Franck Schurhoff
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte du Pr Rouillon, Hôpital Albert Chenevier et Henri Mondor AP HP, 40 rue Mesly, 94000 Creteil, France
Schizophr Res 61:59-66. 2003..Our data suggest that anhedonia is a candidate symptom for schizophrenia. Refining phenotype definition by studying subgroups of anhedonic and non-anhedonic probands with relevant candidate genes might be fruitful...
- Temperament in schizophrenia: a study of the tridimensional personality questionnaire (TPQ)Andrei Szoke
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, 40, rue de Mesly, AP HP, 94000, Creteil, France
Eur Psychiatry 17:379-83. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess dimensions of temperament as defined by Cloninger's neurobiological model using the tridimensional personality questionnaire (TPQ) in a sample of consecutively recruited schizophrenic patients...
- Age at onset in bipolar affective disorders: a reviewMarion Leboyer
Service de Psychiatrie, Hôpital Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Bipolar Disord 7:111-8. 2005..A recently proposed theoretical model with three AAO sub-groups (onset age 17, 27 and 46) is discussed...
- Cortical folding abnormalities in schizophrenia patients with resistant auditory hallucinationsArnaud Cachia
INSERM, U797 Research Unit Neuroimaging and Psychiatry, IFR49, Orsay, France
Neuroimage 39:927-35. 2008..Findings suggest abnormalities in cortical gyrification in these patients. Sulcal abnormalities in language-related cortex might underlie these patients' particular vulnerability to hallucinations...