Genomes and Genes
- Identification of a novel function of PiT1 critical for cell proliferation and independent of its phosphate transport activityLaurent Beck
Growth and Signalling Research Center, INSERM, U845, F 75015 Paris
J Biol Chem 284:31363-74. 2009..This study is the first to describe the effects of a P(i) transporter in cell proliferation, tumor growth, and cell signaling...
- The phosphate transporter PiT1 (Slc20a1) revealed as a new essential gene for mouse liver developmentLaurent Beck
INSERM, U845, Centre de Recherche Croissance et Signalisation, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9148. 2010..Although the importance of PiT1 in mineralizing processes have been demonstrated in vitro in osteoblasts, chondrocytes and vascular smooth muscle cells, in vivo evidence is missing...
- A new human NHERF1 mutation decreases renal phosphate transporter NPT2a expression by a PTH-independent mechanismMarie Courbebaisse
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e34764. 2012..We have recently identified mutations in NHERF1 that decrease renal phosphate reabsorption by increasing PTH-induced cAMP production in the renal proximal tubule...
- EKLF-driven PIT1 expression is critical for mouse erythroid maturation in vivo and in vitroAnne Forand
INSERM U845, Paris, France
Blood 121:666-78. 2013..This is the first demonstration of a physiologic involvement of PIT1 in erythroid maturation in vivo...
- NHERF1 mutations and responsiveness of renal parathyroid hormoneZoubida Karim
INSERM Unité 845, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 359:1128-35. 2008..These NHERF1 mutations suggest a previously unrecognized cause of renal phosphate loss in humans...
- Identification of a novel transport-independent function of PiT1/SLC20A1 in the regulation of TNF-induced apoptosisChristine Salaun
Growth and Signaling Research Center, INSERM U845, F 75015 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 285:34408-18. 2010..JNK activity is actually involved in PiT1-depleted cell death because specific JNK inhibitors delay apoptosis...
- The emergence of phosphate as a specific signaling molecule in bone and other cell types in mammalsSolmaz Khoshniat
Centre for Osteoarticular and Dental Tissue Engineering, INSERM, U, Nantes, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:205-18. 2011..The involvement of various signaling pathways (ERK1/2), transcription factors (Fra-1, Runx2) and phosphate transporters (PiT1, PiT2) is discussed...
- Recent findings in phosphate homeostasisDominique Prie
Inserm U 426 et Institut Fédératif de Recherche 02, Faculty of Medicine, Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 14:318-24. 2005..We summarize the most recent findings on the proteins that interact with sodium/inorganic phosphate (Na/Pi) cotransporters, the factors that regulate Pi homeostasis and their role in pathology...
- Sodium-phosphate cotransporters, nephrolithiasis and bone demineralizationDominique Prie
Inserm U 426 et Institut Fédératif de Recherche 02, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 13:675-81. 2004..We discuss how recent findings obtained in disorders of phosphate metabolism in humans and in animal models have provided insights into the pathogenesis of renal stone formation and bone demineralization...
- Hypophosphatemia and calcium nephrolithiasisDominique Prie
Department of Physiology and INSERM U 426, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Nephron Exp Nephrol 98:e50-4. 2004..Similar features are observed during invalidation of NHERF or in case of overproduction of FGF23. These observations highlight the importance of phosphate homeostasis in common diseases such as renal stones or bone loss...
- Phosphate-dependent regulation of MGP in osteoblasts: role of ERK1/2 and Fra-1Marion Julien
INSERM, U 791, Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Tissus Ostéo Articulaires et Dentaires, Groupe Physiopathologie des Tissus Squelettiques et Ingénierie du Cartilage, Nantes, France
J Bone Miner Res 24:1856-68. 2009..These data show, for the first time, that Pi regulates MGP expression in osteoblasts through the ERK1/2-Fra-1 pathway...