- Extensive recombination events and horizontal gene transfer shaped the Legionella pneumophila genomesLaura Gomez-Valero
Institut Pasteur, Biologie des Bactéries Intracellulaires, 75724, Paris, France
BMC Genomics 12:536. 2011....
- Mycoplasma mycoides, from "mycoides Small Colony" to "capri". A microevolutionary perspectiveFrancois Thiaucourt
CIRAD, UMR CMAEE, F 34398 Montpellier, France
BMC Genomics 12:114. 2011..We also compared the 95010 genome with the recently published genome of another Mmc strain (GM12) to evaluate Mmc strain diversity...
- The complete genome sequence of Xanthomonas albilineans provides new insights into the reductive genome evolution of the xylem-limited XanthomonadaceaeIsabelle Pieretti
CIRAD, UMR 385 BGPI, Campus International de Baillarguet, Montpellier, France
BMC Genomics 10:616. 2009..X. fastidiosa was excluded from the Xanthomonas group based on phylogenetic analyses with rRNA sequences...
- Genomes of three tomato pathogens within the Ralstonia solanacearum species complex reveal significant evolutionary divergenceBenoît Remenant
INRA CIRAD, UMR Peuplements Végétaux et Bioagresseurs en Milieu Tropical, Saint Pierre F 97410, La Reunion, France
BMC Genomics 11:379. 2010....
- Comparative genomic and proteomic analyses of two Mycoplasma agalactiae strains: clues to the macro- and micro-events that are shaping mycoplasma diversityLaurent X Nouvel
Universite de Toulouse, ENVT, UMR 1225 Interactions Hôtes Agents Pathogènes, 31076 Toulouse, France
BMC Genomics 11:86. 2010....
- Sensing and adhesion are adaptive functions in the plant pathogenic xanthomonadsNadia Mhedbi-Hajri
UMR077 PAVE, INRA, 42, rue Georges Morel, F 49071 Beaucouze, France
BMC Evol Biol 11:67. 2011..We hypothesised that determinants responsible for bacterial host adaptation are expressed starting from the establishment of chemotactic attraction and adhesion on host tissue...
- Complete genome sequence of Streptomyces cattleya NRRL 8057, a producer of antibiotics and fluorometabolitesValerie Barbe
CEA, DSV, IG, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, CP5706, F 91057 Evry Cedex, France
J Bacteriol 193:5055-6. 2011..The genome consists of two linear replicons. The genes involved in fluorine metabolism and in the biosynthesis of the antibiotic thienamycin were mapped on both replicons...
- Unique features revealed by the genome sequence of Acinetobacter sp. ADP1, a versatile and naturally transformation competent bacteriumValerie Barbe
Genoscope and CNRS UMR8030, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, 91057 Evry, Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 32:5766-79. 2004..This finding supports the view that the cycle itself is centrally geared to the catabolic capabilities of this exceptionally versatile organism...
- High quality draft sequences for prokaryotic genomes using a mix of new sequencing technologiesJean Marc Aury
CEA, DSV, Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, Evry, France
BMC Genomics 9:603. 2008..So, an appropriate mix of technologies may help resolve most difficulties, and eventually provide assemblies of high quality without requiring any Sanger-based input...
- Clostridium sticklandii, a specialist in amino acid degradation:revisiting its metabolism through its genome sequenceNuria Fonknechten
Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, F 91057 Evry, France
BMC Genomics 11:555. 2010..With the goal of revisiting its carbon, nitrogen, and energy metabolism, and comparing studies with other clostridia, its genome has been sequenced and analyzed...
- From a consortium sequence to a unified sequence: the Bacillus subtilis 168 reference genome a decade laterValerie Barbe
CEA, Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, 91057 Evry, France
Microbiology 155:1758-75. 2009..subtilis is an epiphyte). This should permit investigators to make reliable inferences to prepare validation experiments in a variety of domains of bacterial growth and development as well as build up accurate phylogenies...
- Coping with cold: the genome of the versatile marine Antarctica bacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis TAC125Claudine Medigue
Genoscope, CNRS UMR 8030, Atelier de Génomique Comparative, 91006 Evry Cedex, France
Genome Res 15:1325-35. 2005..Adding to its originality, P. haloplanktis further differs from its marine counterparts with recruitment of a plasmid origin of replication for its second chromosome...
- MaGe: a microbial genome annotation system supported by synteny resultsDavid Vallenet
Atelier de Génomique Comparative, CNRS UMR8030, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, 91057 Evry, Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 34:53-65. 2006..In addition, MaGe allows for annotation curation and exploration of already published genomes from various genera (e.g. Yersinia, Bacillus and Neisseria). MaGe can be accessed at http://www.genoscope.cns.fr/agc/mage...
- Comparative analysis of Acinetobacters: three genomes for three lifestylesDavid Vallenet
Génomique Métabolique, CNRS UMR8030, CEA Institut de Génomique Genoscope, Evry, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1805. 2008..Taken together, all these observations suggest that the genome contents of the 3 Acinetobacters compared are partly shaped by life in distinct ecological niches: human (and more largely hospital environment), louse, soil...
- The DNA sequence and analysis of human chromosome 14Roland Heilig
Genoscope Centre National de Séquençage, 91000, Evry, France
Nature 421:601-7. 2003..From an analysis of the CpG island occurrences, we estimate that 70% of these annotated genes are complete at their 5' end...
- The cyst-dividing bacterium Ramlibacter tataouinensis TTB310 genome reveals a well-stocked toolbox for adaptation to a desert environmentGilles De Luca
CEA, Lab Ecol Microbienne Rhizosphere and Environm Extre, IBEB, DSV, Saint Paul lez Durance, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23784. 2011....