- Transposable element-assisted evolution and adaptation to host plant within the Leptosphaeria maculans-Leptosphaeria biglobosa species complex of fungal pathogensJonathan Grandaubert
INRA Bioger, UR1290, Avenue Lucien Brétignières, BP 01, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
BMC Genomics 15:891. 2014....
- Genome mining reveals the genus Xanthomonas to be a promising reservoir for new bioactive non-ribosomally synthesized peptidesMonique Royer
CIRAD, UMR BGPI, Montpellier Cedex 5, F 34398, France
BMC Genomics 14:658. 2013..This study aims to estimate the biosynthetic potential of Xanthomonas spp. by in silico analyses of NRPS genes with unknown function recently identified in the sequenced genomes of X. albilineans and related species of Xanthomonas...
- Genome sequence of Xanthomonas fuscans subsp. fuscans strain 4834-R reveals that flagellar motility is not a general feature of xanthomonadsArmelle Darrasse
INRA, UMR1345 Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences, F 49071, Beaucouze, France
BMC Genomics 14:761. 2013..Xanthomonas fuscans subsp. fuscans (Xff) is one of the causal agents of common bacterial blight of bean. In this study, the complete genome sequence of strain Xff 4834-R was determined and compared to other Xanthomonas genome sequences...
- Comparative analysis of Klebsiella pneumoniae genomes identifies a phospholipase D family protein as a novel virulence factorLeticia M S Lery
Institut Pasteur Pathogénie Microbienne Moléculaire, Paris, France
BMC Biol 12:41. 2014..145 was determined and compared to two K1 and K2 strains of low virulence and to the reference strains MGH 78578 and NTUH-K2044...
- Reductive evolution in Streptococcus agalactiae and the emergence of a host adapted lineageIsabelle Rosinski-Chupin
Unité de Biologie des Bactéries Pathogènes à Gram Positif, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, Paris Cedex 15, France
BMC Genomics 14:252. 2013..To decipher the genetic basis for the emergence of these highly virulent GBS strains and of their adaptation to fish, we have analyzed the genomic sequence of seven strains isolated from fish and other poikilotherms...
- Genomic insights into strategies used by Xanthomonas albilineans with its reduced artillery to spread within sugarcane xylem vesselsIsabelle Pieretti
CIRAD, UMR BGPI, F 34398 Montpellier cedex 5, France
BMC Genomics 13:658. 2012..albilineans, and to compare, using suppression subtractive hybridization (SSH), genomic features of two strains differing in pathogenicity...
- Extensive recombination events and horizontal gene transfer shaped the Legionella pneumophila genomesLaura Gomez-Valero
Institut Pasteur, Biologie des Bactéries Intracellulaires, 75724, Paris, France
BMC Genomics 12:536. 2011....
- Mycoplasma mycoides, from "mycoides Small Colony" to "capri". A microevolutionary perspectiveFrancois Thiaucourt
CIRAD, UMR CMAEE, F 34398 Montpellier, France
BMC Genomics 12:114. 2011..We also compared the 95010 genome with the recently published genome of another Mmc strain (GM12) to evaluate Mmc strain diversity...
- The complete genome sequence of Xanthomonas albilineans provides new insights into the reductive genome evolution of the xylem-limited XanthomonadaceaeIsabelle Pieretti
CIRAD, UMR 385 BGPI, Campus International de Baillarguet, Montpellier, France
BMC Genomics 10:616. 2009..X. fastidiosa was excluded from the Xanthomonas group based on phylogenetic analyses with rRNA sequences...
- Genomes of three tomato pathogens within the Ralstonia solanacearum species complex reveal significant evolutionary divergenceBenoît Remenant
INRA CIRAD, UMR Peuplements Végétaux et Bioagresseurs en Milieu Tropical, Saint Pierre F 97410, La Reunion, France
BMC Genomics 11:379. 2010....
- Comparative genomic and proteomic analyses of two Mycoplasma agalactiae strains: clues to the macro- and micro-events that are shaping mycoplasma diversityLaurent X Nouvel
Universite de Toulouse, ENVT, UMR 1225 Interactions Hôtes Agents Pathogènes, 31076 Toulouse, France
BMC Genomics 11:86. 2010....
- Sensing and adhesion are adaptive functions in the plant pathogenic xanthomonadsNadia Mhedbi-Hajri
UMR077 PAVE, INRA, 42, rue Georges Morel, F 49071 Beaucouze, France
BMC Evol Biol 11:67. 2011..We hypothesised that determinants responsible for bacterial host adaptation are expressed starting from the establishment of chemotactic attraction and adhesion on host tissue...
- Complete genome sequence of Streptomyces cattleya NRRL 8057, a producer of antibiotics and fluorometabolitesValerie Barbe
CEA, DSV, IG, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, CP5706, F 91057 Evry Cedex, France
J Bacteriol 193:5055-6. 2011..The genome consists of two linear replicons. The genes involved in fluorine metabolism and in the biosynthesis of the antibiotic thienamycin were mapped on both replicons...
- Unique features revealed by the genome sequence of Acinetobacter sp. ADP1, a versatile and naturally transformation competent bacteriumValerie Barbe
Genoscope and CNRS UMR8030, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, 91057 Evry, Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 32:5766-79. 2004..This finding supports the view that the cycle itself is centrally geared to the catabolic capabilities of this exceptionally versatile organism...
- High quality draft sequences for prokaryotic genomes using a mix of new sequencing technologiesJean Marc Aury
CEA, DSV, Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, Evry, France
BMC Genomics 9:603. 2008..So, an appropriate mix of technologies may help resolve most difficulties, and eventually provide assemblies of high quality without requiring any Sanger-based input...
- Clostridium sticklandii, a specialist in amino acid degradation:revisiting its metabolism through its genome sequenceNuria Fonknechten
Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, F 91057 Evry, France
BMC Genomics 11:555. 2010..With the goal of revisiting its carbon, nitrogen, and energy metabolism, and comparing studies with other clostridia, its genome has been sequenced and analyzed...
- Coping with cold: the genome of the versatile marine Antarctica bacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis TAC125Claudine Medigue
Genoscope, CNRS UMR 8030, Atelier de Génomique Comparative, 91006 Evry Cedex, France
Genome Res 15:1325-35. 2005..Adding to its originality, P. haloplanktis further differs from its marine counterparts with recruitment of a plasmid origin of replication for its second chromosome...
- From a consortium sequence to a unified sequence: the Bacillus subtilis 168 reference genome a decade laterValerie Barbe
CEA, Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, 91057 Evry, France
Microbiology 155:1758-75. 2009..subtilis is an epiphyte). This should permit investigators to make reliable inferences to prepare validation experiments in a variety of domains of bacterial growth and development as well as build up accurate phylogenies...
- MaGe: a microbial genome annotation system supported by synteny resultsDavid Vallenet
Atelier de Génomique Comparative, CNRS UMR8030, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, 91057 Evry, Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 34:53-65. 2006..In addition, MaGe allows for annotation curation and exploration of already published genomes from various genera (e.g. Yersinia, Bacillus and Neisseria). MaGe can be accessed at http://www.genoscope.cns.fr/agc/mage...
- Comparative analysis of Acinetobacters: three genomes for three lifestylesDavid Vallenet
Génomique Métabolique, CNRS UMR8030, CEA Institut de Génomique Genoscope, Evry, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1805. 2008..Taken together, all these observations suggest that the genome contents of the 3 Acinetobacters compared are partly shaped by life in distinct ecological niches: human (and more largely hospital environment), louse, soil...
- The DNA sequence and analysis of human chromosome 14Roland Heilig
Genoscope Centre National de Séquençage, 91000, Evry, France
Nature 421:601-7. 2003..From an analysis of the CpG island occurrences, we estimate that 70% of these annotated genes are complete at their 5' end...
- The cyst-dividing bacterium Ramlibacter tataouinensis TTB310 genome reveals a well-stocked toolbox for adaptation to a desert environmentGilles De Luca
CEA, Lab Ecol Microbienne Rhizosphere and Environm Extre, IBEB, DSV, Saint Paul lez Durance, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23784. 2011....