- Contraception at the time of abortion: high-risk time or high-risk women?Nathalie Bajos
INSERM INED U569, Hopital de Bicetre, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Hum Reprod 21:2862-7. 2006..Despite the widespread use of highly effective contraception in France, the incidence of abortion is high. A retrospective population-based cohort study was designed to analyse women's contraceptive history...
- Research on HIV sexual risk: social relations-based approach in a cross-cultural perspectiveN Bajos
Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Soc Sci Med 50:1533-46. 2000..In particular, the balance of power within the couple, which is strongly interconnected with gender relations issues, and even characteristics of the former relationship help explain these behaviour differences...
- AIDS and contraception. Unanticipated effects of AIDS prevention campaignsN Bajos
INSERM U292, Hopital de Bicetre, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Public Health 11:257-9. 2001..Comparisons of contraceptive practices and condom use by women aged 18-49 years were performed in two national population-based surveys (n = 559 in 1994, n = 731 in 1998)...
- Emergency contraception: from accessibility to counselingN Bajos
INSERM U569, Hopital de Bicetre, 82 rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, Bicetre, France
Contraception 67:39-40. 2003..Informational materials destined for EC users could alert women to the importance to check for sexually-transmitted infections considering health issues related to STDs...
- Contraception: from accessibility to efficiencyNathalie Bajos
INSERM INED U569 IFR69, Hopital de Bicetre, 82 rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Hum Reprod 18:994-9. 2003..A cross-sectional population-based survey was designed to study the characteristics of current contraceptive use in France, the different types of contraceptive failure, and the reasons reported for not using contraception...
- [Access to health care for an induced abortion: qualitative and quantitative approaches]N Bajos
INSERM INED U569 IFR 69, Hopital de Bicetre, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:631-47. 2003..In this article, we discuss the complementarity of materials from two surveys one qualitative, the other quantitative in the study of patterns of care for an abortion...
- Evaluation of a mass media campaign on contraception in FranceC Moreau
INSERM, U 292 IFR 69, Hĵpital de Bicêtre, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 7:105-13. 2002..As media interventions alone have little impact on behavior, we evaluated this campaign by focusing on intermediary indicators (identification and discussion) to measure factors known to favor the adoption of preventive behaviors...
- Sexuality and obesity, a gender perspective: results from French national random probability survey of sexual behavioursNathalie Bajos
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health Team, F 94276, Kremlin Bicetre, France
BMJ 340:c2573. 2010....
- [Increase of repeat abortion in France: from contraceptive issues to postponement of childbearing age]N Bajos
INSERM CESP U1018, 82, rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France INED, 133, boulevard Davout, 75020 Paris, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 61:291-8. 2013....
- [Induced abortion in France: results of the COCON study]N Lelong
INSERM U149 IFR69, 16, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:53-61. 2005..The aim of this article is to describe conditions of abortions practices in France...
- Frequency of discontinuation of contraceptive use: results from a French population-based cohortC Moreau
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 822, Epidemiology, Demography and Social Sciences, Le Kremlin Bicêtre F 94276, France
Hum Reprod 24:1387-92. 2009..This study provides estimates of method-specific contraceptive discontinuation rates for any reason and for method-related reasons among French women...
- The remaining barriers to the use of emergency contraception: perception of pregnancy risk by women undergoing induced abortionsCaroline Moreau
National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM INED U569 IFR 69, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Contraception 71:202-7. 2005..As the perception of risk is commonly reevaluated by women over time, which probably affects EC use, it could be important to promote advance supply of EC so that women could use it immediately after a recognized unprotected intercourse...
- Changes in sexual behaviours: from secular trends to public health policiesNathalie Bajos
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
AIDS 24:1185-91. 2010..To explore the relative contribution of secular trends and public health policies to changes in sexual behaviour...
- Peri-abortion contraceptive use in the French islands of Guadeloupe and La Réunion: variation in the management of post-abortion careCaroline Moreau
INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, France
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 15:186-96. 2010..The abortion rate varies greatly within the French overseas territories including the Caribbean island of Guadeloupe and La Réunion in the Indian Ocean. We compare women's contraceptive paths surrounding an abortion in both territories...
- The effect of access to emergency contraceptive pills on women's use of highly effective contraceptives: results from a French national cohort studyCaroline Moreau
Office of Population Research, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
Am J Public Health 99:441-2. 2009..Only 8.4% switched from highly effective to less effective methods...
- Patterns of contraceptive use before and after an abortion: results from a nationally representative survey of women undergoing an abortion in FranceCaroline Moreau
Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, INSERM, U1018, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Contraception 82:337-44. 2010..Using a large national survey of women undergoing an abortion in France, we explore their contraceptive use surrounding an abortion...
- Sexual risk-taking following relationship break-upsCaroline Moreau
INSERM, Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 16:95-9. 2011..Changes in sexual behaviour over time have resulted in more frequent relationship break-ups, which carry specific sexual health challenges that we aim to explore in this study...
- Access to health care for induced abortions: analysis by means of a French national surveyCaroline Moreau
National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM INSERM INED U569 IFR 69, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Public Health 14:369-74. 2004..This study describes conditions of access to health care for abortions based on women's reports, taking into account the woman's background and the influence of the first professional contacted...
- [Emergency contraception in France: the user profile]H Goulard
Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale U 569, Hopital de Bicetre, 82, Avenue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 31:724-9. 2003..Emergency contraception pill (ECP) has recently become available in France without prescription since 1999. The aim of this study was to explore knowledge, attitudes toward, and use of ECP...
- [Side effects of induced abortion: results from a population-based survey]A Lamarche-Vadel
Inserm INED U 569, 82, Avenue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:113-8. 2005..We also compare the gynaecological side effects, in particular the infectious symptoms, following an induced abortion, according to the abortion technique, medical and surgical, in the year after the abortion...
- Oral contraceptive tolerance: does the type of pill matter?Caroline Moreau
CInstitut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Unit 822, Department of Epidemiology, University Paris Sud, Faculte de Medecine, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Obstet Gynecol 109:1277-85. 2007..To examine the frequencies of reported symptoms by oral contraceptive pill (OCP) composition among French women...
- Modeling the process leading to abortion: an application to French survey dataClementine Rossier
Unit 822 INSERM INED, 133 Boulevard Davout, 75980 Paris Cedex 20, France
Stud Fam Plann 38:163-72. 2007..This conceptual framework brings together knowledge that is currently dispersed in the literature and helps to identify the source of abortion-rate differentials...
- Social, demographic and situational characteristics associated with inconsistent use of oral contraceptives: evidence from FranceCaroline Moreau
Office of Population Research, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 38:190-6. 2006..Oral contraceptives are the most popular form of reversible contraception used in developed countries. Their efficacy depends on how consistently and correctly they are used...
- The determinants and circumstances of use of emergency contraceptive pills in France in the context of direct pharmacy accessCaroline Moreau
Office of Population Research, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
Contraception 74:476-82. 2006..In France, the 1999 introduction of a dedicated emergency contraceptive pill (ECP) available without a prescription has resulted in a 72% increase in its use over the past 5 years, especially among younger women...
- Contraceptive failures and determinants of emergency contraception useHelene Goulard
INSERM, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, U569 Epidemiology, Demography and Social Sciences, IFR69, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Contraception 74:208-13. 2006..Two years after emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs) were made available without prescription in France, we investigated the determinants of ECP use in a representative sample of women at risk for unintended pregnancy...
- [Sexuality, prevention and gender relations during life]Nathalie Bajos
Unité Inserm 822 Ined, Santé reproductive, sexualité et infection à VIH, Le Kremlin Bicetre
Med Sci (Paris) 24:24-32. 2008
- Contraceptive practices of non-HIV-seropositive injecting drug usersGwenaelle Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, AP HP, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 18:863-9. 2003..To study the sociodemographic characteristics and sexual behaviours in contraception choices of injecting drug users (IDUs) and to compare the contraceptive practices of non-HIV-positive IDUs to those of the general population...
- Sexual behaviour in context: a global perspectiveKaye Wellings
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Lancet 368:1706-28. 2006....