- Analyses of reactive oxygen species and antioxidants in relation to seed longevity and germinationChristophe Bailly
UR5 EAC 7180 CNRS, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Bat C, 2eme etage, Paris, France
Methods Mol Biol 773:343-67. 2011..Protocols are also described to visualize ROS and localize the sites of ROS production, hoping to stimulate more research into ROS signalling and antioxidant control in key physiological and biochemical processes in seeds...
- From intracellular signaling networks to cell death: the dual role of reactive oxygen species in seed physiologyChristophe Bailly
EA 2388 Physiologie des Semences, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Le Raphaël, Site d Ivry, boîte 152, 4, place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
C R Biol 331:806-14. 2008..Above or below the "oxidative window for germination", weak or high amounts of ROS, respectively, would not permit progress toward germination...
- [Seed dormancy alleviation and oxidative signaling]Christophe Bailly
EA 2388 Physiologie des Semences, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Le Raphaël, Site d Ivry, boîte 152, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
J Soc Biol 202:241-8. 2008..Their interaction with abscisic acid and gibberellins is also evoked and a new mechanism of dormancy regulation in which ROS crosstalk with hormonal pathways is proposed...
- Crosstalk between reactive oxygen species and hormonal signalling pathways regulates grain dormancy in barleyEmilie Bahin
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UR5 EAC 7180 CNRS, PCMP, Boîte courrier 156, Bat C, 4 place Jussieu, F 75005 Paris, France
Plant Cell Environ 34:980-93. 2011..In barley, H₂O₂ could be implicated in dormancy alleviation through activation of GA signalling and synthesis rather than repression of ABA signalling...
- The mechanisms involved in seed dormancy alleviation by hydrogen cyanide unravel the role of reactive oxygen species as key factors of cellular signaling during germinationKrystyna Oracz
UPMC Univ Paris 06, Unité de Recherche 5, Germination et Dormance des Semences, Site d Ivry, F 75005 Paris, France
Plant Physiol 150:494-505. 2009..We propose that ROS play a key role in the control of sunflower seed germination and are second messengers of cyanide in seed dormancy release...
- Catalase is a key enzyme in seed recovery from ageing during primingSerge Kibinza
UR5 EAC7180 CNRS, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Bat C 2 ème étage, 4, place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Plant Sci 181:309-15. 2011..Immunocytolocalization of catalase showed that the enzyme co-localized with H2O2 in the cytosol. These results clearly indicate that priming induce the synthesis of catalase which is involved in seed recovery during priming...
- Role of reactive oxygen species in the regulation of Arabidopsis seed dormancyJuliette Leymarie
UR5 EAC7180 CNRS, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Plant Cell Physiol 53:96-106. 2012....
- Release of sunflower seed dormancy by cyanide: cross-talk with ethylene signalling pathwayKrystyna Oracz
UPMC Universite Paris 06, EA2388, Physiologie des semences, Site d Ivry, Boîte courrier 152, 4 place Jussieu, F 75005 Paris, France
J Exp Bot 59:2241-51. 2008..It is proposed that the mode of action of cyanide in sunflower seed dormancy alleviation does not involve ethylene production and that ERF1 is a common component of the ethylene and cyanide signalling pathways...
- Targeted mRNA oxidation regulates sunflower seed dormancy alleviation during dry after-ripeningJérémie Bazin
UR5 EAC7180 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, université Paris 06, 75005 Paris, France
Plant Cell 23:2196-208. 2011..We propose that targeted mRNA oxidation during dry after-ripening of dormant seeds could be a process that governs cell signaling toward germination in the early steps of seed imbibition...
- DNA alteration and programmed cell death during ageing of sunflower seedHayat El-Maarouf-Bouteau
UR5 EAC7180 CNRS, UPMC Universite Paris 06, Bat C 2 ème étage, 4, place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
J Exp Bot 62:5003-11. 2011..The quantification of the adenylate pool highlights mitochondrial dysfunction in aged seeds containing a high MC. The involvement of oxidative burst, mitochondria dysfunction, and PCD in seed loss of viability is proposed...
- Water content: a key factor of the induction of secondary dormancy in barley grains as related to ABA metabolismHai Ha Hoang
UR5 EAC 7180 CNRS, Physiologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire des Plantes, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Univ Paris 6, Boîte courrier 156, Bat C, 4 place Jussieu, F 75005, Paris, France
Physiol Plant 148:284-96. 2013..Our results clearly indicate that expression of genes involved in ABA and GA metabolism differs in primary and secondary dormancies and furthermore, their expression is related to embryo water content...
- Changes in lipid status and glass properties in cotyledons of developing sunflower seedsArnaud Lehner
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Physiologie Végétale Appliquée, Le Raphaël, Site d Ivry, boîte 152, 4 place Jussieu, Paris, F 75005 France
Plant Cell Physiol 47:818-28. 2006..Our results demonstrate that physical characteristics of lipid reserves and glasses of sunflower cotyledons are developmentally regulated and might play a role in acquisition of seed germinability and storability...
- Induction of secondary dormancy by hypoxia in barley grains and its hormonal regulationHai Ha Hoang
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UR5 EAC 7180 CNRS, PCMP, Boîte courrier 156, Bat C, 4 place Jussieu, F 75005 Paris France
J Exp Bot 64:2017-25. 2013..Induction by hypoxia at 15 °C appears to be more regulated by GA and less by ABA than the induction by high temperature...
- Catalase activity and expression in developing sunflower seeds as related to dryingChristophe Bailly
Physiologie Végétale Appliquée, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Tour 53, 1 er étage, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Exp Bot 55:475-83. 2004....