- The leptin receptor promoter controls expression of a second distinct proteinB Bailleul
Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Laboratoire d Immunopharmacologie Moléculaire, CNRS UPR 0415, 22 rue Mechain, 75014 Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 25:2752-8. 1997..OB-RGRP is highly homologous to putative open reading frames in both yeast and Caenorhabditis elegans , suggesting a phylogenetically conserved role for this novel protein...
- Serum, AP-1 and Ets-1 stimulate the human ets-1 promoterM A Majerus
Unite 124 INSERM, Institut de Recherches sur le Cancer de Lille, France
Nucleic Acids Res 20:2699-703. 1992..Striking, AP-1 and Ets-1 motifs are found in oncogene responsive units (ORU's) of other promoters, suggesting that combining these motifs is a common mechanism for generating mitogen responsive transcription elements...
- Multiple imprinted sense and antisense transcripts, differential methylation and tandem repeats in a putative imprinting control region upstream of mouse Igf2T Moore
Department of Development and Genetics, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12509-14. 1997..Our results support the proposal that tandem repeats act to target methylation to imprinted genetic loci...
- Identification of seven novel nucleotide variants in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha (TCF1) promoter region in MODY patientsF Godart
Institut de Biologie de Lille, Lille, France
Hum Mutat 15:173-80. 2000..These data suggest that HNF-1alpha promoter variants could be diabetogenic mutations, and emphasize that the accurate HNF-1alpha expression is important for the maintenance of normal pancreatic beta cell function...
- Polymorphism analysis of JRK/JH8, the human homologue of mouse jerky, and description of a rare mutation in a case of CAE evolving to JMET Moore
Department of Biochemistry, University College Cork, Lee Maltings, Prospect Row, Cork, Ireland
Epilepsy Res 46:157-67. 2001..Familial analysis supports a causal role for this mutation in the disease...