- Anesthesia: with or without curare?Christophe Baillard
Can J Anaesth 50:522. 2003
- Assessing residual neuromuscular blockade using acceleromyography can be deceptive in postoperative awake patientsChristophe Baillard
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny, France
Anesth Analg 98:854-7, table of contents. 2004..Two isolated acceleromyograph train-of-four ratios are not an accurate representation of the neuromuscular status of the patient recovering from anesthesia...
- [Anaesthetic preoperative assessment of chronic medications and herbal medicine use: a multicenter survey]C Baillard
Départements d anesthésie réanimation, CHU Avicenne, EA 3409, 93009 Bobigny, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:132-5. 2007..This study was undertaken to quantify the use of chronic medication and herbal remedies in the presurgical population...
- [Effectiveness of preoxygenation using the head-up position and noninvasive ventilation to reduce hypoxaemia during intubation]A Solis
Unité d anesthésie réanimation, Hopital Avicenne, 125, route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:490-4. 2008..The purpose of this article was to present an update of the preoxygenation management in morbidly obese adults, parturient women and hypoxemic critically-ill patients...
- [Remifentanil-midazolam compared to sufentanil-midazolam for ICU long-term sedation]C Baillard
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU de Avicenne, UPRES 39 04, Bobigny 93009, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:480-6. 2005..Remifentanil has a unique metabolic pathway that holds potential benefits for long-term sedation. We compared remifentanil-midazolam to sufentanil-midazolam in 41 critically ill adults requiring mechanical ventilation...
- Postoperative residual neuromuscular block: a survey of managementC Baillard
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, EA 3409, Hopital Avicenne, APHP, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Br J Anaesth 95:622-6. 2005..This study aims to evaluate changes of perioperative neuromuscular block management during the last decade in our institution and to quantify the incidence of postoperative residual neuromuscular block...
- [Patient's perspectives with regard to anesthesia services]C Baillard
département d anesthésie, Hĵpital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Can J Anaesth 48:526-8. 2001..Our study examined patients' willingness to choose their anesthesiologist for the operation, as well as their opinion on the way anesthesia is practiced presently...
- Tracheal intubation in routine practice with and without muscular relaxation: an observational studyC Baillard
Hopital Avicenne, APHP, Département d Anesthésie Réanimation and SAMU 93 EA 3409, Bobigny Cedex, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:672-7. 2005..There remains controversy as to whether or not a muscle relaxant is routinely required for tracheal intubation. This study examined conditions of intubation in our routine practice, which employs a relaxant-sparing approach...
- [Preoperative management of chronic medications]C Baillard
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, UPRES 39 04, Hopital Avicenne, 125, avenue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:1360-74. 2005..Advances in anaesthesia include knowledge on the mechanisms involved in drug interactions, which allows us to improve the preoperative management of chronic therapeutics...
- Cardiac troponin I in patients with severe exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseChristophe Baillard
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit, Avicenne Hospital, UPRES 34 09 Parus XIII University AP HP, Bobigny, France
Intensive Care Med 29:584-9. 2003..This study assessed the incidence of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) elevation, a specific marker for cardiac injury, and its prognostic significance during severe exacerbation of COPD...
- Residual curarization in the recovery room after vecuroniumC Baillard
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital, Bobigny, France
Br J Anaesth 84:394-5. 2000..We conclude that it is necessary to antagonize residual block produced by vecuronium...
- Randomized study comparing the "sniffing position" with simple head extension for laryngoscopic view in elective surgery patientsF Adnet
Department of Anesthesiology, Hĵpital Avicenne, University Paris 13, France
Anesthesiology 95:836-41. 2001..However, no study to date has confirmed its superiority over simple head extension. In a prospective, randomized study, the authors compared the sniffing position with simple head extension in orotracheal intubation...
- [Incidence and complications of post operative residual paralysis]C Baillard
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Unité de Surveillance Continue Réanimation, CHU Avicenne, EA 3409, 93009 Bobigny
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:S41-5. 2009..In contrast, acceleromyographic monitoring provides a valuable tool to avoid residual curarisation and to reduce the related-side effects...
- Anaphylaxis to rocuroniumC Baillard
département d anesthésie, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Br J Anaesth 88:600-2. 2002....
- [Locoregional neuraxial anesthesia as used in vascular surgery]C M Samama
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, H pital Avicenne, France
Can J Anaesth 48:72-7. 2001..We review the benefits and risks of neuraxial blockade in light of the evolution of anticoagulation for vascular surgery...
- Noninvasive ventilation improves preoxygenation before intubation of hypoxic patientsChristophe Baillard
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Anesthesiology, DAR B CHU de Montpellier, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:171-7. 2006..Critically ill patients are predisposed to oxyhemoglobin desaturation during intubation...