- Effects of electromyostimulation training on muscle strength and power of elite rugby playersNicolas Babault
Faculty of Sport Science, Marc Bloch University, Strasbourg, France
J Strength Cond Res 21:431-7. 2007..A 12-week EMS training program demonstrated beneficial effects on muscle strength and power in elite rugby players on particular tests. However, rugby skills such as scrummaging and sprinting were not enhanced...
- Does electrical stimulation enhance post-exercise performance recovery?Nicolas Babault
Centre d Expertise de la Performance, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 111:2501-7. 2011..Therefore, the main aim of this brief review is to present recent results from the literature to clarify the effectiveness of electrical stimulation as a recovery modality...
- Activation of human quadriceps femoris during isometric, concentric, and eccentric contractionsN Babault
Groupe Analyse du Mouvement, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives, Universite de Bourgogne, BP 27877, 21078 Dijon Cedex, France
J Appl Physiol 91:2628-34. 2001..These results indicate a voluntary activation dependency on both tension levels and type of muscular actions in the human knee-extensor muscle group...
- Acute effects of 15min static or contract-relax stretching modalities on plantar flexors neuromuscular propertiesNicolas Babault
Centre d Expertise de la Performance, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
J Sci Med Sport 13:247-52. 2010..Mechanisms explaining this alteration seemed to be stretch modality dependent...
- EMG activity and voluntary activation during knee-extensor concentric torque generationNicolas Babault
Groupe Analyse du Mouvement GAM, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, Universite de Bourgogne, BP 27877, 21078 Dijon Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 86:541-7. 2002..s(-1)). Thus, our results suggest that when applying different contractile conditions, the torque output is regulated via complex interactions between intrinsic muscular properties and the neural drive...
- Postactivation potentiation in human knee extensors during dynamic passive movementsNicolas Babault
1INSERN U887 Motricity Plasticity Sport Science Faculty, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 40:735-43. 2008..Therefore, the aim of the present experiment was to test the twitch PAP during passive dynamic movements following isometric conditioning contractions on nine healthy men...
- Effect of quadriceps femoris muscle length on neural activation during isometric and concentric contractionsNicolas Babault
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale ERIT M 0207 Motricité Plasticité, UFR STAPS, Universite de Bourgogne, BP 27877, 21078 Dijon, France
J Appl Physiol 94:983-90. 2003..We thus conclude that muscle length has a predominant effect on neural activation that would modulate the angular velocity dependency...
- Electrical and mechanical H(max)-to-M(max) ratio in power- and endurance-trained athletesN A Maffiuletti
Groupe Analyse du Mouvement, Unité de Formation et de Recherche en Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives, Universite de Bourgogne, 21078 Dijon Cedex, France
J Appl Physiol 90:3-9. 2001..Therefore, endurance-trained athletes produce the necessary force by recruitment of more slow-twitch units than do other subjects for comparable levels of force and type of task...
- Electrostimulation training effects on the physical performance of ice hockey playersFranck Brocherie
Performance Expertise Center, UFR STAPS, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:455-60. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine the influence of a short-term electromyostimulation (EMS) training program on the strength of knee extensors, skating, and vertical jump performance of a group of ice hockey players...
- Validation of a subject specific 3-actuator torque-driven model in human vertical jumpingG Cimadoro
Department of Sport, Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Milan, Italy and, with Cognition, Action et Plasticite Sensorimotrice Laboratory, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:4883-6. 2012..This investigation is the first step in a wider project that will incorporate elastic components, and that will evaluate the advantages of the individual subject approach in modeling...
- Specific effects of eccentric training on muscular fatigabilityA Michaut
ERIT M 0207 INSERM, Motricité Plasticité, Faculté des Sciences du Sport Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Int J Sports Med 25:278-83. 2004..The present experiment showed that a 7-wks eccentric training period produced contraction-type specific adaptations that significantly reduced the exercise-induced torque loss during eccentric muscle actions...
- Influence of ultra-long-term fatigue on the oxygen cost of two types of locomotionG Millet
Groupe Analyse du Mouvement, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 83:376-80. 2000..019) ms to 0.194 (0.027) ms (P < 0.01). Analysis of the factors that determine Cr indicate that the subjects modified their movement pattern in order to decrease the mechanical cost of running in such long-term fatigue conditions...
- Neuromuscular differences between endurance-trained, power-trained, and sedentary subjectsGregory Lattier
INSERM ERIT M 0207 Motricité Plasticité, Universite de Bourgogne, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Sciences Techniques des Activité Physiques et Sportives, Dijon, France
J Strength Cond Res 17:514-21. 2003..These findings show that low MRFD on lower limbs extensors does not limit expression of MVC on subjects with high levels of activation, whereas intrinsic muscular qualities have a direct influence on performance during the vertical jump...
- Neural activation after maximal isometric contractions at different muscle lengthsKevin Desbrosses
INSERM ERIT M Motricity Plasticity, Faculty of Sport Science, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:937-44. 2006..To investigate i) whether neural activation dependence on muscle length is preserved with neuromuscular fatigue and ii) whether fatigue induced by a maximal isometric exercise is muscle length dependent...
- Effects of an electrostimulation training program on strength, jumping, and kicking capacities in soccer playersMaxime Billot
Laboratory INSERM U887 Motricity Plasticity, Faculty of Sport Science, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
J Strength Cond Res 24:1407-13. 2010..It appeared appropriate to conduct EMS training during at least 3 weeks to observe beneficial effects in specific soccer skills such as ball speed...
- Effects of combined electromyostimulation and gymnastics training in prepubertal girlsGaelle Deley
Performance Expertise Center Gilles Cometti, Faculty of Sports Sciences, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
J Strength Cond Res 25:520-6. 2011....
- Alterations of neuromuscular function after an ultramarathonG Y Millet
Groupe Analyse du Mouvement, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, Universite de Bourgogne, 21078 Dijon Cedex, France
J Appl Physiol 92:486-92. 2002....
- Is eccentric exercise-induced torque decrease contraction type dependent?Anne Michaut
Laboratoire de Biomécanique et de Physiologie, Institut National des Sports et de L Education Physique I N S E P, Paris, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:1003-8. 2002..This study was designed to determine whether torque decrease following an acute eccentric exercise is contraction type dependent...
- Reliability of knee extension and flexion measurements using the Con-Trex isokinetic dynamometerNicola A Maffiuletti
Neuromuscular Research Laboratory, Schulthess Clinic, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 27:346-53. 2007..78-0.81). The more reliable index of muscle fatigue was the linear slope of the decline in work output. These findings establish the reliability of isokinetic and isometric measurements using the Con-Trex machine...
- Neuromuscular fatigue development during maximal concentric and isometric knee extensionsNicolas Babault
performance motrice et santé, Unité de Formation et de Recherche des Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives, Université Marc Bloch, 14 Rue René Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Appl Physiol 100:780-5. 2006..Performing CON or ISO fatiguing exercises demonstrated different fatigue origins. With CON exercises, peripheral fatigue developed first, followed by central fatigue, whereas with ISO exercises the fatigue pattern was inverted...