- [Current epidemiology of herpes]Michele Aymard
Faculte de Medecine, Laboratoire de Virologie, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:425-35. 2002....
- Neuraminidase assaysM Aymard
National Influenza Centre, Laboratory of Virology, Lyon, France
Dev Biol (Basel) 115:75-83. 2003..5) The use of a small fluorescent (MUN) or chemiluminescent (NA-STAR) substrate can be used for the rapid differentiation of N1 from N2 and NB, but not for the titration of protective NI antibodies...
- Burden of influenza in children: preliminary data from a pilot survey network on community diseasesMichele Aymard
National Influenza Center, Laboratory of Virology, Lyon, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:S211-4. 2003..The burden of influenza and its clinical presentation are both poorly documented in French children...
- Quantification of neuramidase (NA) protein contentMichele Aymard
Université Claude Bernarde, Faculte de Medecine, 8, avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Vaccine 20:S59-60. 2002..This sensitive and specific assay was applied to several trivalent vaccine preparations (1997/1998 and 1998/1999). It was shown capable to detect 3.5-6.9 microg NA/ml according to the influenza strain and the vaccine origin...
- Diagnosis and surveillance of herpes simplex virus infection of the central nervous systemF Najioullah
Laboratoire de Virologie, Domaine Rockefeller, Lyon, France
J Med Virol 61:468-73. 2000..Despite acyclovir therapy, PCR remained positive in CSF up to 20 days in 2 cases. This result suggest that the antiviral treatment for HSV encephalitis should be monitored by PCR detection of HSV in CSF...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of thymidine kinase from clinical strains of varicella-zoster virus resistant to acyclovirF Morfin
Laboratoire de virologie des Hospices civils de Lyon, 69373 Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:2412-6. 1999..These areas are putative candidates for a genotypic diagnosis of ACV resistance...
- Reactivation of acyclovir-resistant thymidine kinase-deficient herpes simplex virus harbouring single base insertion within a 7 Gs homopolymer repeat of the thymidine kinase geneF Morfin
Laboratory of Virology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Med Virol 62:247-50. 2000..These results corroborate the clinical relevance of this mutation, which is associated with acyclovir-resistant recurrent infections in humans...
- Giant cell arteritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, and viral hypotheses: a multicenter, prospective case-control study. Groupe de Recherche sur l'Artérite à Cellules GéantesP Duhaut
Department of Internal Medicine, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
J Rheumatol 26:361-9. 1999..We tested for viruses known to induce multinucleated giant cells in human pathology, which include the parainfluenza viruses (HPIV), respiratory syncytial virus, measles virus, herpesviruses type 1 and 2, and the Epstein-Barr virus...
- Incidence of upper respiratory tract Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections among outpatients in Rhône-Alpes, France, during five successive winter periodsM P Layani-Milon
Laboratoire de Virologie du CHU et Groupe Régional d Observation de la Grippe Rhône Alpes, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Domaine Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Microbiol 37:1721-6. 1999..This study defined the frequency of M. pneumoniae detection from nasal swab specimens in patients with acute respiratory infections, confirming its high prevalence and the presence of large outbreaks due to this pathogen...
- Exposure to enteroviruses and hepatitis A virus among divers in environmental waters in France, first biological and serological survey of a controlled cohortD Garin
Biologie Médicale Dr Bartoli Hôpital d Instruction des Armées Desgenettes, Lyon, France
Epidemiol Infect 113:541-9. 1994..No hepatitis A virus (HAV) detection and no seroconversion to HAV was observed. The rate of HAV seropositive subjects was 17% in this 24.5-year-old population...
- Role of cytomegalovirus infection in the incidence of viral acute respiratory infections in children attending day-care centersJ J Chomel
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:167-72. 2001..001) more frequently reported in CMV-infected children. These findings suggest that viral acute respiratory infections are significantly more likely to occur in CMV-infected children...
- Genetic classification of "Sapporo-like viruses"I Schuffenecker
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre National de Reference pour les Enterovirus, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, Lyon, France
Arch Virol 146:2115-32. 2001....
- Evidence of presence of poliovirus genomic sequences in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with postpolio syndromeI Leparc-Goffart
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre National de Référence des Entérovirus, Lyon, France
J Clin Microbiol 34:2023-6. 1996..Sequencing confirmed the presence of mutated poliovirus sequences. This finding suggests persistent viral infection in the central nervous system related to the presence of poliovirus genomes...
- Surveillance network for herpes simplex virus resistance to antiviral drugs: 3-year follow-upC Danve-Szatanek
CHU Lyon, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:242-9. 2004..This prevalence has remained stable over the last 10 years, as much among immunocompetent patients as among immunocompromised patients...