- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- Higher HIV-1 DNA associated with lower gains in CD4 cell count among patients with advanced therapeutic failure receiving optimized treatment (ANRS 123--ETOILE)Véronique Avettand-Fenoel
Universite Paris Descartes, EA3620 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:2212-4. 2010..To describe HIV-1 DNA levels from baseline (W0) to week 52 (W52) among patients receiving either interleukin-2 (IL-2) + optimized background therapy (OBT) or OBT as salvage treatment...
- Greater diversity of HIV DNA variants in the rectum compared to variants in the blood in patients without HAARTVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
Virology Unit, AP HP, Necker Hospital for Sick Children, Paris, France Paris Descartes University, EA3620, Paris, France
J Med Virol 83:1499-507. 2011....
- LTR real-time PCR for HIV-1 DNA quantitation in blood cells for early diagnosis in infants born to seropositive mothers treated in HAART area (ANRS CO 01)Véronique Avettand-Fenoel
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Service de Virologie, Paris, France
J Med Virol 81:217-23. 2009..The results were equivalent to those of HIV-RNA assay. HIV-DNA may be used even in masked primary infection in newborns whose mothers have received HAART...
- HIV-DNA in rectal cells is well correlated with HIV-DNA in blood in different groups of patients, including long-term non-progressorsVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1880-2. 2008..They were positively correlated (r = 0.841, P<0.0001). Long-term nonprogressors and patients in 'remission' after antiretroviral treatment interruption had the lowest blood and mucosal HIV-DNA levels...
- CCR5 antagonists: a therapeutic option in HIV-1 perinatally infected children experiencing virologic failure?Pierre Frange
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
AIDS 26:1673-7. 2012..HIV-1 coreceptor usage was determined in HAART-failing children followed in Necker Hospital (Paris, France) in order to estimate the proportion of these patients who may benefit from CCR5-antagonists therapy...
- Impact of 48 week lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy on blood cell-associated HIV-1-DNA in the MONARK trialVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1005-7. 2010..To study the impact of protease inhibitor monotherapy on the HIV-1 blood reservoir in 72 antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Short communication: evidence of HIV type 1 complex and second generation recombinant strains among patients infected in 1997-2007 in France: ANRS CO06 PRIMO CohortJulie Galimand
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:645-51. 2010....
- Lopinavir/ritonavir-based antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected naive children: rare protease inhibitor resistance mutations but high lamivudine/emtricitabine resistance at the time of virologic failurePierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:684-8. 2011..Lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) is now the protease inhibitor regimen of choice in the first-line antiretroviral therapy for children <6 years of age...
- Naive T lymphocytes and recent thymic emigrants are associated with HIV-1 disease history in french adolescents and young adults infected in the perinatal period: the ANRS-EP38-IMMIP studyStephane Blanche
Faculte de Medecine, EA3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité
Clin Infect Dis 58:573-87. 2014..Naive T-lymphocyte restoration is essential for the maintenance of a diverse T-cell receptor repertoire and for immunity to pathogens...
- Relationships between HIV disease history and blood HIV-1 DNA load in perinatally infected adolescents and young adults: the ANRS-EP38-IMMIP studyVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
Universite Paris Descartes, France
J Infect Dis 205:1520-8. 2012..We evaluated blood cell-associated HIV DNA load as an indicator of cell-associated HIV reservoirs and an independent predictor of disease progression...
- Intensive five-drug antiretroviral therapy regimen versus standard triple-drug therapy during primary HIV-1 infection (OPTIPRIM-ANRS 147): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trialAntoine Cheret
EA 7327, Paris Descartes University Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France Infectious Diseases Department, Tourcoing Hospital, Tourcoing, France Internal Medicine Department, AP HP, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 15:387-96. 2015..We aimed to assess the effect of a cART regimen intensified with raltegravir and maraviroc, compared with standard triple-drug cART, on HIV-DNA load...
- New sensitive one-step real-time duplex PCR method for group A and B HIV-2 RNA loadVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France EA7327, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 52:3017-22. 2014..This new assay is highly sensitive and accurately quantifies the most prevalent HIV-2 groups. This test will be useful for monitoring low viral loads in HIV-2-infected patients. ..
- A single HIV-1 cluster and a skewed immune homeostasis drive the early spread of HIV among resting CD4+ cell subsets within one month post-infectionCharline Bacchus
Pierre and Marie Curie University Paris 06, Laboratory Immunity and Infection UMR_S 945, F 75013, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e64219. 2013....
- Congenital cytomegalovirus is the second most frequent cause of bilateral hearing loss in young French childrenVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
Laboratory of Virology, Reference National Center for Cytomegalovirus Associated Laboratory, Hospital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France University Paris, Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
J Pediatr 162:593-9. 2013..To estimate the prevalence of congenital cytomegalovirus (cCMV) among causes of bilateral hearing loss in young French children...
- Post-treatment HIV-1 controllers with a long-term virological remission after the interruption of early initiated antiretroviral therapy ANRS VISCONTI StudyAsier Saez-Cirion
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003211. 2013..Our results show that early and prolonged cART may allow some individuals with a rather unfavorable background to achieve long-term infection control and may have important implications in the search for a functional HIV cure...
- Prevalence and clinical impact of norovirus fecal shedding in children with inherited immune deficienciesPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Infect Dis 206:1269-74. 2012..1% of fecal samples were still positive after a median of 9.5-months follow-up. Further large longitudinal studies are needed to evaluate the clinical consequences of norovirus shedding in patients with primary immunodeficiencies...
- Quantification of total HIV1-DNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cellsChristine Rouzioux
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Methods Mol Biol 1087:261-70. 2014..Such a series of results might help to adapt simplification or structured interruption strategies, design new clinical trials targeting HIV reservoirs, and select populations that could benefit of such new treatments. ..
- The kidney as a reservoir for HIV-1 after renal transplantationGuillaume Canaud
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U845, Growth and Signaling Research Center, Paris Descartes University, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:407-19. 2014..In conclusion, HIV-1 can infect kidney allografts after transplantation despite undetectable viremia, and this infection might influence graft outcome. ..
- Immune responses driven by protective human leukocyte antigen alleles from long-term nonprogressors are associated with low HIV reservoir in central memory CD4 T cellsBenjamin Descours
Immunity and Infection Laboratory, Pierre and Marie Curie University, INSERM UMRS 945, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 54:1495-503. 2012....
- Enhanced T cell recovery in HIV-1-infected adults through IL-7 treatmentYves Levy
1INSERM U955, Universite Paris 12, and Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Immunologie Clinique, Creteil, France
J Clin Invest 119:997-1007. 2009..Therefore, patients may benefit from intermittent therapy with IL-7 in combination with c-ART...
- Elite controllers as a model of functional cureBrigitte Autran
Laboratory Immunity and Infection, Pierre and Marie Curie University, INSERM UMRS 945, France
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:181-7. 2011....
- Adenoviral infection presenting as an isolated central nervous system disease without detectable viremia in two children after stem cell transplantationPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:2361-4. 2011....
- Blimp-1 overexpression is associated with low HIV-1 reservoir and transcription levels in central memory CD4+ T cells from elite controllersAdèle de Masson
aLaboratoire Immunité et Infection, INSERM UMRS 945, Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière bUniversité Paris VI Pierre et Marie Curie cLaboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, EA3620, AP HP, Paris, France Adèle de Masson and Amos Kirilovsky equally contributed to this article
AIDS 28:1567-77. 2014....
- Heterogeneity in HIV suppression by CD8 T cells from HIV controllers: association with Gag-specific CD8 T cell responsesAsier Saez-Cirion
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris, France
J Immunol 182:7828-37. 2009..These results, on the one hand, suggest the importance of Gag responses in the antiviral potency of CD8(+) T cells from HICs and, on the other hand, propose that other host mechanisms may contribute to restraining HIV infection in HICs...
- Prospective identification of congenital cytomegalovirus infection in newborns using real-time polymerase chain reaction assays in dried blood spotsMarianne Leruez-Ville
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Centre National de Référence du Cytomégalovirus Laboratoire Associé, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 52:575-81. 2011..The goal of this study was to prospectively assess the performance of 2 CMV PCR assays of DBS for CMV neonatal screening in a selected population of neonates...
- Genotypic resistance profiles of HIV-2-treated patients in West AfricaCharlotte Charpentier
aLaboratoire de Virologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, HUPNVS, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France bDepartment of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Treichville University Teaching Hospital cDepartment of Dermatology Infectiology, Medical School, University Felix Houphouët Boigny dProgramme PACCI, Site ANRS, Abidjan, Côte d Ivoire eUniversité Bordeaux, INSERM, IPSED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidémiologie et Biostatistique fINSERM, IPSED, Centre Inserm U897 Épidémiologie et Biostatistique, Bordeaux gLaboratoire de Virologie, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Hopital Necker, Universite Rene Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris hLaboratoire de Virologie, Pôle de Biologie Clinique, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen and EA2656, IRIB, Universite de Rouen, Rouen iLaboratoire de Pharmaco Toxicologie, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and the University of Washington
AIDS 28:1161-9. 2014..To assess the virological response, genotypic resistance profiles, and antiretroviral plasma concentrations in HIV-2 antiretroviral-treated (antiretroviral therapy, ART) patients in Côte d'Ivoire...