Affiliation: Avenue de la Terrasse
- A third-generation microsatellite-based linkage map of the honey bee, Apis mellifera, and its comparison with the sequence-based physical mapMichel Solignac
Laboratoire Evolution, Genomes et Speciation, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Genome Biol 8:R66. 2007..In addition, because there was originally no physical map for the honey bee genome project, a meiotic map was the only resource for organizing the sequence assembly on the chromosomes...
- The genome of Apis mellifera: dialog between linkage mapping and sequence assemblyMichel Solignac
Genome Biol 8:403. 2007..Each construct was used to control the quality of the other. The co-linearity of markers in the sequence and the map is almost perfect and argues in favor of the high quality of both...
- The invasive Korea and Japan types of Varroa destructor, ectoparasitic mites of the Western honeybee (Apis mellifera), are two partly isolated clonesMichel Solignac
Laboratoire Populations, Genetique et Evolution, CNRS, F91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Proc Biol Sci 272:411-9. 2005....
- Mitochondrial DNA in the Drosophila melanogaster complexMichel Solignac
Laboratoire Populations, Genetique et Evolution, CNRS, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Genetica 120:41-50. 2004..mtDNA polymorphism is discussed in relation with Wolbachia, nuclear polymorphism and speciation events...
- A microsatellite-based linkage map of the honeybee, Apis mellifera LMichel Solignac
Laboratoire Populations, Genetique et Evolution, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, F91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Genetics 167:253-62. 2004..Several cases of segregation distortion that appreared to result from deleterious recessives were discovered. A low positive interference was also detected...
- Fine scale analysis of crossover and non-crossover and detection of recombination sequence motifs in the honeybee (Apis mellifera)Nadia Bessoltane
Laboratoire Evolution Génomes Spéciation, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36229. 2012..Some of these signals were recently identified in humans and mice. However, it is unclear whether or not sequence signals are also involved in chromosomal recombination of insects...
- Novel microsatellite DNA loci for Bombus terrestris (Linnaeus, 1758)Eckart Stolle
Institut fur Biologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Hoher Weg 4, D 06099 Halle Saale, Germany, Laboratoire Evolution, Genomes et Speciation, CNRS, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France, ETH Zurich, Intitute for Integrative Biology IBZ, Experimental Ecology Group, ETH Zentrum CHN, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Ecol Resour 9:1345-52. 2009..terrestris and other Bombus species as well as for detailed genetic studies in including mapping studies and genome annotations...
- Mating system in mouse lemurs: theories and facts, using analysis of paternityMarjorie Andrès
UMR 8571, Département d Ecologie et Gestion de la Biodiversité, CNRS, Brunoy, France
Folia Primatol (Basel) 74:355-66. 2003....
- Exceptionally high levels of recombination across the honey bee genomeMartin Beye
Institute of Genetics, Heinrich Heine Universität Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf 40225, Germany
Genome Res 16:1339-44. 2006..Very few transposons and no retrotransposons are present in the high-recombining genome. We propose evolutionary explanations for the exceptionally high genome-wide recombination rate...
- Control of reproductive dominance by the thelytoky gene in honeybeesH Michael G Lattorff
Institut fur Biologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, 6120 Halle, Germany
Biol Lett 3:292-5. 2007..m. capensis workers, but is also of general importance in regulating the gene cascades controlling reproduction and sterility in female social bees...
- Whole-genome scan in thelytokous-laying workers of the Cape honeybee (Apis mellifera capensis): central fusion, reduced recombination rates and centromere mapping using half-tetrad analysisEmmanuelle Baudry
Laboratoire Populations, Genetique et Evolution, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Genetics 167:243-52. 2004..These results are discussed in relation to evolution of thelytokous parthenogenesis and maintenance of heterozygosity and female sex after thelytoky...
- Manual superscaffolding of honey bee (Apis mellifera) chromosomes 12-16: implications for the draft genome assembly version 4, gene annotation, and chromosome structureHugh M Robertson
Department of Entomology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana 61801, USA
Insect Mol Biol 16:401-10. 2007..Nine duplicate gene models on chromosomes 15 and 16 were made redundant, while another 15 gene models were improved, most spectacularly the MAD (MAX dimerization protein) gene which extends across 11 scaffolds for at least 400 kb...
- Spatiotemporal genetic differentiation of Cuban natural populations of the pink shrimp Farfantepenaeus notialisAymée Robainas-Barcia
Centro de Investigaciones Marinas, Universidad de La Habana, Calle 16, No 114 entre 1ra y 3ra, Miramar, Playa, Ciudad Habana 11300, Cuba
Genetica 133:283-94. 2008..The microsatellite data are also consistent with the results obtained with mtDNA in detecting significant and persistent genetic differences between the Gulfs of Ana María and Batabanó for the years 1995 and 2003...