Affiliation: Avenue de la Terrasse
- Pitx genes in Tunicates provide new molecular insight into the evolutionary origin of pituitaryLionel Christiaen
INRA Junior Group Morphogenèse du Système Nerveux des Chordés, UPR2197 DEPSN, Institut de Neurobiologie Alfred Fessard, CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Gene 287:107-13. 2002..This shows that expression at early steps of pituitary development is a feature of Pitx-related genes that was already present in the last common ancestor of Chordates...
- The dopamine-synthesizing cells in the swimming larva of the tunicate Ciona intestinalis are located only in the hypothalamus-related domain of the sensory vesicleFrederic Moret
Development, Evolution, Plasticity of the Nervous System, UPR 2197, Institut de Neurobiologie Alfred Fessard, C N R S, 1, Ave de la Terrasse, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Eur J Neurosci 21:3043-55. 2005..To test this hypothesis, we have identified new candidate regulators of dopaminergic specification in Ciona based on their expression patterns, which can now be compared with those in vertebrates...
- A modular cis-regulatory system controls isoform-specific pitx expression in ascidian stomodaeumLionel Christiaen
INRA Junior Group, UPR2197 DEPSN, INAF, CNRS, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Dev Biol 277:557-66. 2005..We discuss the developmental relevance of these data that provide an entry point to investigate the gene regulatory networks (GRNs) that position and shape oral structures in chordates...
- Regulatory gene expressions in the ascidian ventral sensory vesicle: evolutionary relationships with the vertebrate hypothalamusFrederic Moret
Development, Evolution and Plasticity of the Nervous System, Institut de Neurobiologie Alfred Fessard, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR2197, 1 ave de la terrasse, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Dev Biol 277:567-79. 2005..Furthermore, they allow us to propose that a large part of the ventral and lateral sensory vesicle consists in a patterning domain corresponding to the vertebrate presumptive hypothalamus...
- A cis-regulatory signature for chordate anterior neuroectodermal genesMaximilian Haeussler
INRA group, UPR3294, Institute of Neurosciences Alfred Fessard, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France
PLoS Genet 6:e1000912. 2010..This could account for the strong evolutionary conservation of the regulatory elements controlling field-specific selector genes responsible for body plan formation...
- Embryonic versus blastogenetic development in the compound ascidian Botryllus schlosseri: insights from Pitx expression patternsStefano Tiozzo
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Padova, Via U Bassi 58 B 35121 Padova, Italy
Dev Dyn 232:468-78. 2005..These observations provide the first evidence for a key developmental gene being deployed in essentially similar ways in two different developmental sequences that eventually give rise to similar zooids...
- FGF signaling delineates the cardiac progenitor field in the simple chordate, Ciona intestinalisBrad Davidson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Genetics and Development, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Genes Dev 20:2728-38. 2006..We discuss these results with regard to the development and evolution of the multichambered vertebrate heart...
- Culture of adult ascidians and ascidian geneticsCarolyn Hendrickson
Neuroscience Research Institute, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Methods Cell Biol 74:143-70. 2004
- Evolutionary modification of mouth position in deuterostomesLionel Christiaen
Center for Integrative Genomics, Molecular and Cell Biology Department, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 18:502-11. 2007..We illustrate these morphogenetic movements by means of morphological data obtained by the confocal imaging of ascidian tailbud embryos, and provide a table for determining the tailbud stages of this model organism...
- FoxF is essential for FGF-induced migration of heart progenitor cells in the ascidian Ciona intestinalisJeni Beh
Center for Integrative Genomics, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Development 134:3297-305. 2007..Taken together, our results indicate that FoxF is a direct target of FGF signaling and is predominantly involved in the regulation of heart cell migration...
- The transcription/migration interface in heart precursors of Ciona intestinalisLionel Christiaen
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Division of Genetics, Genomics and Development, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Science 320:1349-52. 2008..We propose that transcription regulation of specific effector genes determines the coordinated deployment of discrete cellular modules underlying migration...
- Linking chordate gene networks to cellular behavior in ascidiansBrad Davidson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Genetics and Development, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Cell 124:247-50. 2006..This cellular and genetic simplicity is now being exploited to link comprehensive gene networks to the cellular events underlying morphogenesis...