- Therapeutic vaccines for chronic infectionsBrigitte Autran
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire and INSERM Unit 543, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75013 Paris, France
Science 305:205-8. 2004....
- Evaluating therapeutic vaccines in patients infected with HIVBrigitte Autran
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire and INSERM U 543, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Expert Rev Vaccines 3:S169-77. 2004..The design and end-points of clinical trials, and the clinical settings in which these new strategies should be evaluated and will be of benefit, have yet to be defined and are the focus of this review...
- Impact of therapeutic immunization on HIV-1 viremia after discontinuation of antiretroviral therapy initiated during acute infectionSabine Kinloch-de Loes
Department of Medicine, Royal Free Centre for HIV Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 192:607-17. 2005..Our trial design appears to be feasible and safe for testing future immune-boosting strategies...
- Differentiation associated regulation of microRNA expression in vivo in human CD8+ T cell subsetsBruno Salaun
Division of Clinical Onco Immunology, Ludwig Center for Cancer Research of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Transl Med 9:44. 2011..MicroRNAs have been recently shown to play a key role in the regulation of haematopoiesis in mouse, but their implication in peripheral lymphocyte differentiation in humans remains largely unknown...
- T-cell and serological responses to Erp, an exported Mycobacterium tuberculosis protein, in tuberculosis patients and healthy individualsValerie Martinez
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, INSERM U543, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris Cedex 13, France
BMC Infect Dis 7:83. 2007..Cellular and humoral immune responses to Erp (Exported repetitive protein)--a recently identified M. tuberculosis protein--have not yet been investigated in humans and may contribute to this aim...
- Elite controllers as a model of functional cureBrigitte Autran
Laboratory Immunity and Infection, Pierre and Marie Curie University, INSERM UMRS 945, France
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:181-7. 2011....
- Greater viral rebound and reduced time to resume antiretroviral therapy after therapeutic immunization with the ALVAC-HIV vaccine (vCP1452)Brigitte Autran
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_543, France
AIDS 22:1313-22. 2008..Evaluate immunogenicity and clinical efficacy of two immunization strategies with the ALVAC-HIV-recombinant canarypox vaccine (vCP1452) in treated HIV-infected patients...
- Immune responses driven by protective human leukocyte antigen alleles from long-term nonprogressors are associated with low HIV reservoir in central memory CD4 T cellsBenjamin Descours
Immunity and Infection Laboratory, Pierre and Marie Curie University, INSERM UMRS 945, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 54:1495-503. 2012....
- Immune and virological benefits of 10 years of permanent viral control with antiretroviral therapyAmelie Guihot
UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM, UMR945, AP HP, Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
AIDS 24:614-7. 2010..Long-term and efficient antiretroviral therapy provides continuous benefits both on the immune system and on the HIV reservoirs...
- T cells subtypes in a patient with interferon-alpha induced sarcoidosisJean Jacques Monsuez
AP HP, Hopital Paul Brousse, Department of Internal Medicine, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculté de Médecine de Bicêtre, Villejuif Cedex, France
Am J Med Sci 337:60-2. 2009..This activation process also improved over time, but more slowly than clinical symptoms...
- Maraviroc does not affect humoral response to the pandemic influenza A-H1N1v 2009 adjuvanted vaccine in HIV-1-infected patientsAna Canestri
AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
AIDS 24:2887-9. 2010..Seroprotection, seroconversion, and geometric mean titer ratio of specific antibody titers did not differ between groups. These results suggest that maraviroc does not significantly affect the immune response to this adjuvanted vaccine...
- [HIV controllers: a new evolutionary entity of HIV infection?]Valerie Martinez
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 24:7-9. 2008
- Quality control assessment of human immunodeficiency virus type 2 (HIV-2) viral load quantification assays: results from an international collaboration on HIV-2 infection in 2006Florence Damond
APHP, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, 75018 France
J Clin Microbiol 46:2088-91. 2008..Quantification varied between laboratories, and international standardization of quantification assays is strongly needed...
- Demographic and clinical factors associated with response to smallpox vaccine in preimmunized volunteersPhilippe Bossi
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris VI, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e4087. 2008..This program included the establishment of a preoutbreak national team that could be revaccinated against smallpox...
- Immune reconstitution after a decade of combined antiretroviral therapies for human immunodeficiency virusAmelie Guihot
UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM, UM 5945, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Immunitiet infection F 75013, Paris, France
Trends Immunol 32:131-7. 2011..Immune restoration during HAART can, however, have adverse effects. Immune restoration syndrome occurs in some patients as a result of successful but unbalanced immunity...
- Therapeutic immunization with a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1-recombinant canarypox vaccine in chronically HIV-infected patients: The Vacciter Study (ANRS 094)Roland Tubiana
, INSERM E0214, , Paris, France
Vaccine 23:4292-301. 2005..Detection of such LPR response at the time of treatment interruption was significantly associated with the probability of remaining off therapy. These results provide rationale for future randomized trials exploring this strategy...
- Modulation of interleukin-7 receptor expression characterizes differentiation of CD8 T cells specific for HIV, EBV and CMVFrançois Boutboul
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS 19:1981-6. 2005....
- Proliferative, IFNgamma and IL-2-producing T-cell responses to HIV-2 in untreated HIV-2 infectionNadia Alatrakchi
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire, INSERM U.543, , Paris, France
AIDS 20:29-34. 2006..In addition, lymphoproliferative responses to HIV-2 were associated with lack of viral replication...
- Explosion of tuberculin-specific Th1-responses induces immune restoration syndrome in tuberculosis and HIV co-infected patientsAnne Bourgarit
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, , Paris, France
AIDS 20:F1-7. 2006..CONCLUSION: An acute exacerbation of Th1 responses against mycobacterial antigens appears to cause IRS in patients co-infected with HIV and TB. This key event provides new evidence valuable for the diagnosis and treatment of IRS...
- Antibodies to conserved epitopes of the HIV-1 envelope in sera from long-term non-progressors: prevalence and association with neutralizing activityMartine Braibant
Laboratoire de Virologie, , INSERM ERI 19, 37044 Tours Cedex, France
AIDS 20:1923-30. 2006..CONCLUSION: These results suggest that the antigenicity of the "silent face" of gp120 that exposes the 2G12 epitope should be analysed in more detail, to find ways to induce broadly neutralizing antibodies...
- Low T cell responses to human herpesvirus 8 in patients with AIDS-related and classic Kaposi sarcomaAmelie Guihot
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire du Pr. Debre, INSERM UMR S 543, Batiment CERVI, Hopital Pitie-Salpetriere, 47 Bd de l'Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 194:1078-88. 2006..Also, we have described 8 new HHV-8 T cell epitopes in LANA-1, K12, and K15, including 2 CD4 T cell epitopes. These data provide new insight into HHV-8 cellular immunity...
- Three-year immune reconstitution in PI-sparing and PI-containing antiretroviral regimens in advanced HIV-1 diseaseAssia Samri
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 12:553-8. 2007..The long-term immunological benefit of protease inhibitor (PI)-sparing antiretroviral therapy (ART) using non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) remains poorly investigated...
- Combination of HIV-1-specific CD4 Th1 cell responses and IgG2 antibodies is the best predictor for persistence of long-term nonprogressionValerie Martinez
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, INSERM U543, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 191:2053-63. 2005....
- High-dose therapy plus autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related lymphoma: results and impact on HIV diseaseJean Gabarre
Service d Hematologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Haematologica 89:1100-8. 2004....
- Correlation between breadth of memory HIV-specific cytotoxic T cells, viral load and disease progression in HIV infectionCécile Chouquet
INSERM EMI 0214, Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Centre Hospitalier Pitié Salpétrière, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
AIDS 16:2399-407. 2002..The correlations between the breadth and specificities of memory CTL and virus production and disease progression are still unknown, but are of major importance for vaccine strategies...
- Interleukin-2 accelerates CD4 cell reconstitution in HIV-infected patients with severe immunosuppression despite highly active antiretroviral therapy: the ILSTIM study--ANRS 082Christine Katlama
Service for Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Paris, France
AIDS 16:2027-34. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Administration of interleukin-2 produces significant and sustained increase in CD4 cell counts in HAART-treated patients with persistent CD4 cell counts < 200 x 10(6) cells/l...
- A patient with HIV-1 superinfectionStephanie Jost
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Geneva, Geneva
N Engl J Med 347:731-6. 2002
- Therapeutic vaccines against HIV need international partnershipsBrigitte Autran
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris, France
Nat Rev Immunol 3:503-8. 2003....
- Strategies toward restoration of immunity to HIVBrigitte Autran
AIDS 16:4-6. 2002
- Increase of HIV-1 pro-viral DNA per million peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with advanced HIV disease (CD4<200 cells/mm3) receiving interleukin 2 combined with HAART versus HAART alone (ANRS-082 trial)Constance Delaugerre
Department of Virology-EA2387, , Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:233-7. 2003..CONCLUSION: Administration of IL-2 combined with HAART in HIV-1 infected-patients with advanced disease led to an increase of HIV-1 pro-viral DNA per million PBMC without virological failure or emergence of resistance...
- IL-2 therapy and thymic production of naive CD4 T cells in HIV-infected patients with severe CD4 lymphopeniaGuislaine Carcelain
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire, INSERM U543, Paris, France
AIDS 17:841-50. 2003..CONCLUSION: Although we cannot rule out a mechanism of altered proliferation or death rate, the thymus plays an important role in the long-term recovery of naive T cells under IL-2 therapy...
- Decreased frequencies of virus-specific T helper type 1 cells during interferon alpha plus ribavirin treatment in HIV-hepatitis C virus co-infectionNadia Alatrakchi
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire INSERM U543, , Paris, France
AIDS 18:121-3. 2004..This suggests that IFN+R therapy might compromise virus-specific immune defenses in immunosuppressed patients...
- Strong CD4 Th1 responses to HIV and hepatitis C virus in HIV-infected long-term non-progressors co-infected with hepatitis C virusNadia Alatrakchi
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire, , Paris, France
AIDS 16:713-7. 2002..006). CONCLUSION: Thus, independently of the HIV-related immune alterations, LT-NP of the HIV-infection might have an intrinsic capacity to develop strong Th1 cell responses to viruses, particularly HIV and HCV...
- Plasticity of lymphoid compartments during HIV infection and treatments: hopes and limitsBehazine Combadiere
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Unité Inserm 543, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Microbes Infect 4:575-80. 2002....
- The chemokine receptor CX3CR1 controls homing and anti-viral potencies of CD8 effector-memory T lymphocytes in HIV-infected patientsBehazine Combadiere
INSERM U543, Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtière, Paris, France
AIDS 17:1279-90. 2003..In order to understand the mechanism by which CX3CR1 participates in the regulation of HIV-immune responses, we investigated its expression and role on T lymphocytes in HIV-infected patients...
- A triple-mutated allele of granzyme B incapable of inducing apoptosisDorian McIlroy
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, , , 75013 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2562-7. 2003....
- Transcutaneous anti-influenza vaccination promotes both CD4 and CD8 T cell immune responses in humansAnnika Vogt
Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Physiology, Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 180:1482-9. 2008..This study proposes new perspectives for the development of vaccination strategies that trigger T cell immune responses in humans...
- Differential requirement of caspases during naive T cell proliferationAlexandre Boissonnas
, Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire, INSERM U543, , F-75643 Paris Cedex 13, France
Eur J Immunol 32:3007-15. 2002..These data reveal a novel facet of antigenic caspase regulation during naive CD4 T cell proliferation and provide insights into the function of caspases during T cell homeostasis...
- T-cell subset counting and the fight against AIDS: reflections over a 20-year struggleFrancis Mandy
National HIV Immunology Laboratory, Health Canada, LCDC 0603B1, Tunney s Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L2, Canada
Cytometry 50:39-45. 2002..It is clear that an effective attack on the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) epidemic has to embrace resource-poor regions. Reducing the cost of the assay while improving reliability and durability is a move in the right direction...
- Cell permeabilization for the assessment of T lymphocyte polyfunctional capacityLaura Papagno
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, INSERM U543, Avenir Group, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Paris, France
J Immunol Methods 328:182-8. 2007..It is important to be aware of this potential bias and to design specific application/experimental procedures in order to obtain optimal results...
- Superior control of HIV-1 replication by CD8+ T cells is reflected by their avidity, polyfunctionality, and clonal turnoverJorge R Almeida
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, U543, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Avenir Group, 75013 Paris, France
J Exp Med 204:2473-85. 2007..Such attributes are interlinked and constitute the basis for effective control of HIV-1 replication. These data on the features of effective CD8+ T cells in HIV infection may aid in the development of successful T cell vaccines...
- Repertoire, diversity, and differentiation of specific CD8 T cells are associated with immune protection against human cytomegalovirus diseaseKarim Sacre
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, INSERM U543, , , 75013 Paris, France
J Exp Med 201:1999-2010. 2005....
- Distinct time effects of vaccination on long-term proliferative and IFN-gamma-producing T cell memory to smallpox in humansBehazine Combadiere
Laboratoire d'Immunologie Cellulaire, INSERM U543, Paris, France
J Exp Med 199:1585-93. 2004..Such long-term maintenance of vaccinia-specific immune memory in the absence of smallpox virus modifies our understanding of the mechanism of persistence of long-term memory to poxviruses and challenges vaccination strategies...
- A simplified flow cytometry method of CD4 and CD8 cell counting based on thermoresistant reagents: implications for large scale monitoring of HIV-infected patients in resource-limited settingsSilva Barbesti
BIO-D Srl, Valenzano, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 68:43-51. 2005..The reagents can be stored under unfavorable environmental conditions for long period of time. These features should facilitate access to flow cytometry testing in resource-poor settings...
- Yeast-derived human immunodeficiency virus type 1 p55(gag) virus-like particles activate dendritic cells (DCs) and induce perforin expression in Gag-specific CD8(+) T cells by cross-presentation of DCsYasuko Tsunetsugu-Yokota
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Shinjuku ku, Japan
J Virol 77:10250-9. 2003....
- Clinical course of cardiomyopathy in HIV-infected patients with or without encephalopathy related to the myocardial expression of tumour necrosis factor-alpha and nitric oxide synthaseJay A Levy
AIDS 17:1119. 2003
- No influence of human herpesvirus 8 infection on the progression of HIV-1 infection in initially asymptomatic patientsZaina Ait-Arkoub
Department of aVirology EA 2387, Paris, France
AIDS 17:1394-6. 2003
- [Evaluation of residual immune response against human pox virus before and after revaccination in healthy volunteers]Francois Bricaire
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, G H Pitié Salpêtrière, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1035-46; discussion 1046-9. 2006..Three-quarters of the subjects had a proliferative response. This response was lower after the age of 55 years but could be reactivated by revaccination...
- Trapping and apoptosis of novel subsets of memory T lymphocytes expressing CCR6 in the spleen of HIV-infected patientsCedric Lecureuil
INSERM U543, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Blood 109:3649-57. 2007....
- Accelerated immune senescence and HIV-1 infectionVictor Appay
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, INSERM U543, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Exp Gerontol 42:432-7. 2007..Similar observations have been done in HIV non-infected elderly individuals, which suggests that premature immunosenescence occurs in HIV-1 infection, as a result of persistent immune activation...
- Wild type and H43Y variant of human TRIM5alpha show similar anti-human immunodeficiency virus type 1 activity both in vivo and in vitroEmi E Nakayama
Department of Viral Infections, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita Shi, Osaka, Japan
Immunogenetics 59:511-5. 2007..Our epidemiological and molecular biological findings clearly indicate H43Y has a very minor effect on anti-HIV-1 activity of TRIM5alpha, suggesting that this allele is immaterial, at least in HIV-1-infected Europeans and Asians...
- Hepatitis C virus infection in long-term nonprogressor HIV-1-infected subjectsVincent Thibault
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:204-6. 2002
- PD-1 expression on human CD8 T cells depends on both state of differentiation and activation statusDelphine Sauce
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, INSERM U543, Avenir Group, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
AIDS 21:2005-13. 2007..Assessing PD-1 expression on T cells may be highly relevant in T-cell immunology and vaccine monitoring. However, this requires us to gain further insights into the significance of PD-1 expression on CD8 T cells in humans...
- Characteristics of the env genes of HIV type 1 quasispecies in long-term nonprogressors with broadly neutralizing antibodiesMartine Braibant
Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:274-84. 2008..In addition, a higher proportion of defective clones was found among the env genes of NAb- patients (25% to 93%)-particularly those with lower viral loads and low levels of env diversity-than among those of NAb+ patients (7% to 19%)...