- The natural lifespan of a safety policy: violations and system migration in anaesthesiaGuillaume De Saint Maurice
Percy Military Hospital, 101 avenue Henri Barbusse, 92140, Clamart, France
Qual Saf Health Care 19:327-31. 2010..Safety rules continue growing rapidly, as if constraining human behaviour was the unique avenue for reaching ultimate safety. Safety rules are essential for a safe system, but their multiplication can have counterproductive effects...
- [Understanding mistake-proofing]G de Saint Maurice
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, 101, avenue Henri Barbusse, 92140 Clamart, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 30:51-6. 2011..Grout proposes a little shortcut to identify mistake-proofing devices: "If it is not possible to picture it in action, it is probably not a mistake-proofing device"...
- Mortality related to anaesthesia in France: analysis of deaths related to airway complicationsY Auroy
Department of Anaesthesia, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, Paris, France
Anaesthesia 64:366-70. 2009..This large French survey shows that deaths associated with respiratory complications during anaesthesia have been strikingly reduced during this 15-year period...
- [Patient safety and root cause analysis]Y Auroy
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, 74 boulevard de Port Royal, 75005 Paris, France
Transfus Clin Biol 17:386-9. 2010..The goal of these analyses is to better understand human factors in order to implement more adequate prevention measures...
- [Survey of anaesthesia-related mortality in France: the role of aspiration of gastric contents]Y Auroy
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, Clamart, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:200-5. 2009..French anaesthetists should voluntarily move through a personal and active process toward an improvement of their practice to reduce the incidence of aspiration...
- [Risk analysis of postoperative anemia through biological databases querying]S Ausset
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, 101, avenue Henri Barbusse, BP 406, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
Transfus Clin Biol 15:168-73. 2008..We propose an alternative approach that we have tested on the measurement of the risk of postoperative anemia which is frequentely associated with anaesthethic related deaths...
- Cardiac troponin I release after hip surgery correlates with poor long-term cardiac outcomeS Ausset
hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Clamart Cedex, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 25:158-64. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence of perioperative myocardial damage detected by serial measurements of troponin I after hip surgery and its association with late cardiovascular outcome...