- [The therapeutic use of D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (dronabinol) in refractory neuropathic pain]Sabine Clermont-Gnamien
Service de Pharmacie, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France
Presse Med 31:1840-5. 2002..All the studies used administration of cannabis alone. The aim of this open, pilot, study was to assess the efficacy and side effect profile of oral dronabinol (tetrahydrocannabinol - THC) in the treatment of refractory neuropathic pain...
- [Drug treatment for neuropathic pain]Nadine Attal
INSERM U 792, F 92100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Presse Med 37:346-53. 2008..Studies show that pregabalin, gabapentin and duloxetine have positive effects that improve quality of life, and anxiety, depressive, and sleep disorders...
- Effects of surgery on the sensory deficits of syringomyelia and predictors of outcome: a long term prospective studyN Attal
INSERM E 332, Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne Billancourt, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1025-30. 2004..To quantify the effects of surgery on the thermal deficits of syringomyelia and assess the predictors for such effects...
- [Neuropathic pain: experimental advances and clinical applications]N Attal
Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur et INSERM E 332 Hôpital Ambroise Paré, AP HP, Boulogne Billancourt et Université Versailles Saint Quentin
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:199-203. 2004..Advances to date have not been spectacular although better tolerated agents have been recently marketed. Future progress should enable an appropriate response to the therapeutic challenge of neuropathic pain...
- Translating basic research on sodium channels in human neuropathic painNadine Attal
Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, AP HP and Université Versailles Saint Quentin, France
J Pain 7:S31-7. 2006..Studies using more selective sodium channel blockers are required to gain further insight into the role of the various subtypes of sodium channel in these pain conditions...
- EFNS guidelines on pharmacological treatment of neuropathic painN Attal
Centre d Evaluation at de Traitement de la Douleur, Hospital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne Billancourt, France
Eur J Neurol 13:1153-69. 2006..There are too few studies on central pain, combination therapy, and head-to-head comparison. For future trials, we recommend to assess quality of life and pain symptoms or signs with standardized tools...
- Systemic lidocaine in pain due to peripheral nerve injury and predictors of responseN Attal
INSERM E 332, Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, AP HP, and Université Versailles Saint Quentin, France
Neurology 62:218-25. 2004..To investigate the effects of IV lidocaine on spontaneous and evoked pain (allodynia and hyperalgesia) due to peripheral nerve injury (postherpetic neuralgia or nerve trauma) using quantitative sensory testing...
- Long term effects of oral sustained release morphine on neuropsychological performance in patients with chronic non-cancer painV Tassain
Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, 9, avenue Charles de Gaulle, Hopital Ambroise Pare, 92 100 Boulogne, France
Pain 104:389-400. 2003....
- EFNS guidelines on the pharmacological treatment of neuropathic pain: 2010 revisionN Attal
INSERM U 987, Centre dEvaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hô pital Ambroise Paré, APHP, Boulogne Billancourt, France
Eur J Neurol 17:1113-e88. 2010..This second European Federation of Neurological Societies Task Force aimed at updating the existing evidence about the pharmacological treatment of neuropathic pain since 2005...
- Painful and painless peripheral sensory neuropathies due to HIV infection: a comparison using quantitative sensory evaluationD Bouhassira
Unité d évaluation et de traitement de la douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Paris, France
Pain 80:265-72. 1999....
- Chronic neuropathic pain management in spinal cord injury patients. What is the efficacy of pharmacological treatments with a general mode of administration? (oral, transdermal, intravenous)N Attal
Inserm U792, Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, AP HP, 9, avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 52:124-41. 2009..The aim of this review is to present evidence for efficacy and tolerability of pharmacological treatments in SCI pain and propose therapeutic recommendations...
- Are oral cannabinoids safe and effective in refractory neuropathic pain?N Attal
INSERM E 332, Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, AP HP, 92100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Eur J Pain 8:173-7. 2004..These results do not support an overall benefit of THC in pain and quality of life in patients with refractory neuropathic pain...
- Assessment of spinal somatosensory systems with diffusion tensor imaging in syringomyeliaS M Hatem
Inserm U792, CHUAmbroise Paré, APHP, Boulogne Billancourt, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:1350-6. 2009....
- Neuropathic pain: are there distinct subtypes depending on the aetiology or anatomical lesion?N Attal
INSERM U 792, Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, APHP, Boulogne Billancourt, F 92100, France
Pain 138:343-53. 2008....
- [Therapeutic advances in pharmaceutical treatment of neuropathic pain]N Attal
Inserm U987, Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, 9, avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 167:930-7. 2011..The methodology of clinical trials also tends to take better into account the symptomatic profiles of patients, which should contribute to better prediction or responders to treatment...
- Carbamazepine in agitation and aggressive behaviour following severe closed-head injury: results of an open trialP Azouvi
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation, Raymond Poincare Hospital, Garches, France
Brain Inj 13:797-804. 1999..It is concluded that carbamazepine might help to reduce agitated behaviour in brain-injured patients. However, response to treatment demonstrated an important inter-individual variability...
- Chronic neuropathic pain: mechanisms and treatmentN Attal
Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France
Clin J Pain 16:S118-30. 2000..A mechanism-based approach seems promising for clinical research studies, although its application in current management remains challenging...
- Effects of IV morphine in central pain: a randomized placebo-controlled studyN Attal
Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur et Département d Anesthésiologie, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France
Neurology 58:554-63. 2002..To investigate the effects of IV morphine on central pain syndromes through quantitative sensory testing and to assess the long-term benefit of oral morphine...
- Painful diabetic neuropathy: diagnosis and managementA Hartemann
Service de Diabetologie, Hopital de la Pitie, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 37:377-88. 2011....
- Comparison of pain syndromes associated with nervous or somatic lesions and development of a new neuropathic pain diagnostic questionnaire (DN4)Didier Bouhassira
INSERM E 332, AP HP Hôpital Ambroise Paré, Boulogne and Université Versailles Saint Quentin, France
Pain 114:29-36. 2005..The 10-item questionnaire developed in the present study constitutes a new diagnostic instrument, which might be helpful both in clinical research and daily practice...
- Botulinum toxin type A induces direct analgesic effects in chronic neuropathic painDanièle Ranoux
Services de Neurologie, Neurochirurgie et Soins Palliatifs, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Limoges, Limoges, France
Ann Neurol 64:274-83. 2008..Botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) has been reported to have analgesic effects independent of its action on muscle tone, possibly by acting on neurogenic inflammation. Such a mechanism may be involved in peripheral neuropathic pain...
- Prevalence of chronic pain with neuropathic characteristics in the general populationDidier Bouhassira
INSERM U 792, Centre de Traitement et d Evaluation de la Douleur, CHU Ambroise Pare, 9, avenue Charles de Gaulle, Boulogne Billancourt cedex F 92100, France
Pain 136:380-7. 2008..We identified distinctive socio-demographic profile and clinical features indicating that chronic pain with neuropathic characteristics is a specific health problem...
- Comparison of the pain suppressive effects of clinical and experimental painful conditioning stimuliDidier Bouhassira
INSERM E 332 Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne Billancourt, France
Brain 126:1068-78. 2003..Thus, the mechanisms of counterirritation are not univocal, but depend on the pathophysiological mechanisms of clinical pain...
- Mechanisms of central neuropathic pain: a combined psychophysical and fMRI study in syringomyeliaDenis Ducreux
Department of Neuroradiology, CHU Kremlin Bicêtre, AP HP, Hôpital Kremlin Bicêtre, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Brain 129:963-76. 2006..The prefrontal cortex was the only area consistently activated by pathological evoked pains, suggesting that alteration of high-level pain modulatory mechanisms might play a major role in allodynia due to central lesion...
- Development and validation of the Neuropathic Pain Symptom InventoryDidier Bouhassira
INSERM E 332, Center d Evaluation t de Traitement de la Douleur, Hôspiat Ambroise paré, Boulogne Billancourt, France
Pain 108:248-57. 2004....
- Using screening tools to identify neuropathic painMichael I Bennett
Clinical Teaching and Research Unit, St Gemma s Hospice, 329 Harrogate Road, Leeds LS17 6QD, UK
Pain 127:199-203. 2007
- Psychophysical study of the effects of topical application of menthol in healthy volunteersSamar Hatem
INSERM, U792, CHU Ambroise Pare, AP HP, Boulogne Billancourt F 92100, France
Pain 122:190-6. 2006..These data suggest that 30% menthol application may be a useful experimental model for studies of cold hyperalgesia in humans. The absence of local skin reactions also makes this test potentially suitable for use in patients...
- Towards a new taxonomy of idiopathic orofacial painAlain Woda
EA 3847, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, CHU Clermont Ferrand 63000, France
Pain 116:396-406. 2005..These data provide grounds for an evidence-based classification of idiopathic facial pain entities and indicate that the current sub-classification of these syndromes relies primarily on the topography of the symptoms...
- Topical clonazepam in stomatodynia: a randomised placebo-controlled studyChristelle Gremeau-Richard
INSERM E 0216, Neurobiologie de la douleur trigeminale, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, CHU Clermont Ferrand, Clermont Ferrand 63000, France
Pain 108:51-7. 2004..It is hypothesised that clonazepam acts locally to disrupt the mechanism(s) underlying stomatodynia...
- Can pain be more or less neuropathic?Nadine Attal
Pain 112:223-4. 2004
- Can pain be more or less neuropathic?Nadine Attal
Pain 110:510-1. 2004