- [Mastocytosis, classification, biological diagnosis and therapy]M Arock
Unité CNRS UMR 8147, Laboratoire d hématologie cellulaire et moléculaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 62:657-69. 2004..The current review provides an overview of mastocytosis and its subvariants, the new classification of these diseases, a practical guide for the biological diagnosis and advances and future directions in therapy of these pathologies...
- [Mastocytosis: advances in molecular diagnosis and therapeutics]M Arock
Laboratoire d hématologie cellulaire et moléculaire, Unité CNRS UMR 8147, Faculte de Pharmacie 4, avenue de l Observatoire, F75270 Paris Cedex
Ann Pharm Fr 62:233-43. 2004..Finally, it would be possible to design, in the very next future, new tyrosine kinase inhibitors targeting specifically the mutant forms of c-Kit found in patients suffering from systemic mastocytosis...
- Differentiation of human basophils: an overview of recent advances and pending questionsMichel Arock
Department of Cellular and Molecular Hematology, UPRES EA 2509, Faculty of Pharmacy, Paris, France
J Leukoc Biol 71:557-64. 2002....
- MHC class II-dependent activation of CD4+ T cell hybridomas by human mast cells through superantigen presentationP Poncet
Unite d Immuno Allergie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Leukoc Biol 66:105-12. 1999..e., MHC class II-dependent activation of CD4+ T cells, may be critical in subsequent cellular activation events because colocalization of mast and T cells is frequently observed at sites of antigen entry...
- Regulation of high-affinity IgE receptor-mediated mast cell activation by murine low-affinity IgG receptorsM Daeron
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, INSERM U255, Institut Curie, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 95:577-85. 1995..This regulation of Fc epsilon RI-mediated mast cell activation is of potential interest in mast cell physiology and in allergic pathology...
- Thrombopoietin induces histidine decarboxylase gene expression in c-mpl transfected UT7 cellsM Pacilio
CNRS UMR 8603, Paris V University, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:1095-101. 2001..Both PMA- and TPO-induced histamine synthesis was reduced by PKC and MEKs inhibitors, indicating that the induction occurred through a common signalling pathway...
- Mast cells as a source and target for nitric oxideM Bidri
Department of Cellular and Molecular Hematology, UPRES-EA 2509, Faculty of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, Paris, France
Int Immunopharmacol 1:1543-58. 2001....
- Trends in histamine research: new functions during immune responses and hematopoiesisElke Schneider
CNRS UMR 8603 Université René Descartes Paris V, Hopital Necker, 161 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Trends Immunol 23:255-63. 2002
- Establishment and characterization of continuous hematopoietic progenitors-derived pig normal mast cell linesFrançoise Féménia
UMR BIPAR, INRA ENVA AFSSA Paris XII, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, 94704 Maisons Alfort cedex, France
Life Sci 77:808-23. 2005....
- The European Competence Network on Mastocytosis (ECNM)Peter Valent
Division of Hematology and Hemostaseology, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 116:647-51. 2004..In addition, the ECNM is dedicated to provide the best available information about the disease to patients and physicians...
- Mastocytosis in mice expressing human Kit receptor with the activating Asp816Val mutationJacques P Zappulla
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U563, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Purpan Hospital, 31000 Toulouse, France
J Exp Med 202:1635-41. 2005..These results demonstrate a causal link in vivo between the Asp816Val Kit mutation and MC neoplasia and suggest a basis for the clinical heterogeneity of human mastocytosis...
- Rapamycin inhibits growth and survival of D816V-mutated c-kit mast cellsMarion Gabillot-Carré
CNRS UMR 8147, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Hopital Necker, 161 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Blood 108:1065-72. 2006..The data presented here provide a rationale to test whether rapamycin could be a possible treatment for SM and other hematologic malignancies with the D816V mutation...
- Peritoneal cell-derived mast cells: an in vitro model of mature serosal-type mouse mast cellsOdile Malbec
Unité d Allergologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Departement d Immunologie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 178:6465-75. 2007..These properties make PCMC a useful new model for understanding the physiopathology of mast cells in IgE- and IgG-dependent tissue inflammation...
- H4 histamine receptor mediates optimal migration of mast cell precursors to CXCL12Veronique Godot
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 13, Clamart, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:827-34. 2007..The pleiotropic effects of CXCL12 are enhanced by cofactors specific to the target cell...
- Phenotypic and genotypic characteristics of mastocytosis according to the age of onsetFanny Lanternier
Universite Paris V, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, centre de référence des mastocytoses, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1906. 2008..001). In conclusion, pathogenesis of mastocytosis significantly differs according to the age of disease's onset. Our data may have major therapeutic relevance when considering c-kit-targeted therapy...
- Ex vivo and in vitro primary mast cellsMichel Arock
Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan, Laboratoire de Biotechnologies et Pharmacologie Génétique Appliquées, Cachan, France
Methods Mol Biol 415:241-54. 2008....
- Mastocytosis: pathology, genetics, and current options for therapyPeter Valent
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical Univeristy of Vienna, Austria
Leuk Lymphoma 46:35-48. 2005..Examples include the use of STI571 in patients with SM plus hypereosinophilic syndrome (SM-HES) and the FIPL1/PDGFRA fusion gene target, or chemotherapy for eradication of AML in patients with SM-AML...
- Establishment and characterization of a new human erythroleukemic cell line, ERY-1Antoine Ribadeau Dumas
Unité CNRS UMR 8147, Faculté de Pharmacie et Hôpital Necker 4, Avenue de l Observatoire 75006, Paris, France
Leuk Res 28:1329-39. 2004..In conclusion, ERY-1 is a new growth factor-independent human erythroleukemic cell line with a relatively mature phenotype that may be useful to study the molecular events involved in erythroblastic differentiation...
- Inhibition of HMC-1 mast cell proliferation by vitamin E: involvement of the protein kinase B pathwayPetra Kempna
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bern, Buhlstrasse 28, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:50700-9. 2004..Inhibition of proliferation and PKB signaling in HMC-1 cells by vitamin E suggests a role in preventing diseases with mast cell involvement, such as allergies, atherosclerosis, and tumorigenesis...
- Diagnosis and treatment of systemic mastocytosis: state of the artPeter Valent
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Haematology, University of Vienna, Austria
Br J Haematol 122:695-717. 2003
- Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and TLR4 differentially activate human mast cellsSonia Varadaradjalou
CNRS FRE 2444, Faculty of Pharmacy, Paris V University, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 33:899-906. 2003....
- Mast cells: new targets for multiple sclerosis therapy?Jacques P Zappulla
INSERM U546, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 105 Boulevard de l Hôpital, 75634 Cedex 13, Paris, France
J Neuroimmunol 131:5-20. 2002..In addition to changing our views on the pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis, the concept that mast cells are critical for the outcome of the disease could have an important impact on the development of new therapeutic approaches...
- Signal transduction-associated and cell activation-linked antigens expressed in human mast cellsPeter Valent
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Vienna, Austria
Int J Hematol 75:357-62. 2002..The current article gives an overview on signal transduction-associated and activation-linked antigens expressed in human MCs. Wherever possible the functional implication of signaling pathways and antigen expression are discussed...
- Kit and c-kit mutations in mastocytosis: a short overview with special reference to novel molecular and diagnostic conceptsFrédéric Feger
Cellular and Molecular Hematology Unit, Faculty of Pharmacy, Paris, France
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 127:110-4. 2002..Such mutations are probably involved in the abnormal (SCF-independent) proliferation of MC in these patients. New therapeutic strategies may be envisaged to inhibit the deregulated kinase activity of these mutant forms of c-kit...
- The role of mast cells in host defense and their subversion by bacterial pathogensFrédéric Feger
Dept of Cellular and Molecular Hematology, UPRES EA 2509, Faculty of Pharmacy, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75006, Paris, France
Trends Immunol 23:151-8. 2002..Elucidating how pathogens subvert the activities of MCs could provide clues to limiting the pathological activities of these cells during infectious diseases...
- Case-control cohort study of patients' perceptions of disability in mastocytosisOlivier Hermine
Service de Dermatologie, Centre de référence sur la mastocytose, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2266. 2008..We therefore performed a case-control cohort study to examine self-reported disability and impact of symptoms on the quality of life in patients with mastocytosis...