- Chlamydia pneumoniae seropositivity in aetiological subtypes of brain infarction and carotid atherosclerosis: a case control studyS Alamowitch
Stroke Unit, Department of Neurology, Tenon University Hospital, AP HP, 4 rue de la Chine, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:147-51. 2008..We investigated Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in a large cohort of patients with BI according to aetiological subtypes and carotid atherosclerosis...
- Cerebrovascular disease related to COL4A1 mutations in HANAC syndromeS Alamowitch
Tenon Hospital, Stroke Unit, Department of Neurology, Paris, France
Neurology 73:1873-82. 2009..The aim of this study was to describe the cerebrovascular phenotype of HANAC...
- Rationale and design of a randomized, double-blind, parallel-group study of terutroban 30 mg/day versus aspirin 100 mg/day in stroke patients: the prevention of cerebrovascular and cardiovascular events of ischemic origin with terutroban in patients with M G Bousser
Hôpital Lariboisière AP HP, INSERM U 740, Paris, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:509-18. 2009....
- Aseptic meningitis and ischaemic stroke in Fabry diseaseO Lidove
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 75877 Paris, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:1663-7. 2009..Neurological symptoms in Fabry disease mainly include stroke, acroparesthesia, cranial nerve palsies and autonomic dysfunction. We report on aseptic meningitis in Fabry patients...
- Thrombolysis rate and impact of a stroke code: a French hospital experience and a systematic reviewM A Dalloz
Department of Neurology, Tenon University Hospital, AP HP, F 75020, Paris, France
J Neurol Sci 314:120-5. 2012..Intravenous rt-PA is effective in hyperacute ischemic stroke (HAIS) but is administered only in few patients...
- Notch3 mutations in CADASIL, a hereditary adult-onset condition causing stroke and dementiaA Joutel
INSERM U25, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Nature 383:707-10. 1996..We have identified mutations in CADASIL patients that cause serious disruption of this gene, indicating that Notch3 could be the defective protein in CADASIL patients...
- Risk, causes, and prevention of ischaemic stroke in elderly patients with symptomatic internal-carotid-artery stenosisS Alamowitch
Department of Neurology, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Lancet 357:1154-60. 2001..To achieve this treatment benefit, surgeons must be skilled and patients with other life-threatening illnesses must be excluded...
- [White matter lesions leading to the diagnosis of pseudoxanthoma elasticum]M A Dalloz
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:844-8. 2010..Sequencing of the ABCC6 gene confirmed PXE. Thus, PXE must be considered when confronted with cerebral microangiopathy of undetermined origin...
- Relative effects of statin therapy on stroke and cardiovascular events in men and women: secondary analysis of the Stroke Prevention by Aggressive Reduction in Cholesterol Levels (SPARCL) StudyLarry B Goldstein
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Stroke 39:2444-8. 2008..9 years of follow-up. The purpose of this secondary analysis was to determine whether men and women similarly benefited from randomization to statin treatment...