- Russian and Chinese consumers' acceptability of boar meat patties depending on their sensitivity to androstenone and skatole
IRTA Product Quality, Finca Camps i Armet, 17121, Monells, Girona, Catalonia, Spain Electronic address
Meat Sci 121:96-103. 2016
..In both countries, consumers who were sensitive to skatole also preferred patties with low levels of both compounds. Thus, the levels of androstenone and skatole affect boar patty preferences. ..
- Evolution of testes characteristics in entire and immunocastrated male pigs from 30 to 120 kg live weight as assessed by computed tomography with perspective on boar taint
IRTA, Product Quality, Finca Camps i Armet, 17121, Monells, Girona, Spain Electronic address
Meat Sci 116:8-15. 2016
..On the other hand, testes to body volume ratio is a better predictor for androstenone and could provide a good tool at slaughter plants to detect immunocastrated pigs with high boar taint compounds...
- Consumer preference, behavior and perception about meat and meat products: an overview
IRTA Monells, Finca Camps i Armet, 17121 Monells Girona, Spain Electronic address
Meat Sci 98:361-71. 2014
- Effect of vaccination against gonadotrophin-releasing factor on growth performance, carcass, meat and fat quality of male Duroc pigs for dry-cured ham production
Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentaries, Granja Camps i Armet, Monells, Spain
Meat Sci 91:148-54. 2012
..Both in green and dry-cured ham, immunocastration slightly altered FA composition. Thus, Duroc pigs vaccinated with Improvac are suitable for the production of high quality dry-cured ham...
- Consumer studies on sensory acceptability of boar taint: a review
IRTA Monells, Granja Camps i Armet, 17121 Monells Girona, Spain
Meat Sci 92:319-29. 2012
..A discussion on the possibility of a harmonization of the different aspects is also performed and final remarks and considerations have been drawn...
- Effect of a high dose of CLA in finishing pig diets on fat deposition and fatty acid composition in intramuscular fat and other fat depots
IRTA, Monogastric Nutrition, Ctra de Reus El Morell Km 3 8, E 43120 Constantí Tarragona, Spain
Meat Sci 93:517-24. 2013
..The FA modification by dietary CLA in LT IMF was reflected in the different lipid fractions, SFA and MUFA mainly in the neutral lipid fraction, and PUFA in the polar fraction...
- Do all the consumers accept marbling in the same way? The relationship between eating and visual acceptability of pork with different intramuscular fat content
IRTA Monells, Finca Camps i Armet, E 17121 Monells, Girona, Spain
Meat Sci 91:448-53. 2012
..Accordingly, the minimum IMF content recommended to ensure a good taste is between 2.2% and 3.4%...
- Estimation of carcass composition and cut composition from computed tomography images of live growing pigs of different genotypes
1IRTA Product Quality, Finca Camps i Armet, 17121 Monells, Spain
Animal 9:166-78. 2015
..In general, linear models, allometric models and linear models, which included also physical measurements at the loin and the ham, produced the lowest prediction errors. ..
- Comparison of national ZP equations for lean meat percentage assessment in SEUROP pig classification
IRTA Product Quality, Finca Camps i Armet, 17121 Monells, Girona, Spain
Meat Sci 113:1-8. 2016
..Important differences between some equations (up to almost 5 lean meat percentage) indicate a low harmonization among them and a need for improvements. ..