Affiliation: VIB/KU Leuven
Location: Leuven, Belgium
- Suppression of a nuclear frameshift mutation by a mitochondrial tRNA in the yeast Kluyveromyces lactisAlessandro Fiori
Pasteur Institute Cenci Bolognetti Foundation, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Piazzale A Moro, 00185, Rome, Italy
Mol Microbiol 46:169-77. 2002..This is a new case of informational suppression in that the suppression of a chromosomal mutation is not caused by a second mutation but to a mislocalization/expression of a mt-tRNA...
- Evidence that synthesis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrially encoded ribosomal protein Var1p may be membrane localizedAlessandro Fiori
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Eukaryot Cell 2:651-3. 2003..We propose that translation of the ribosomal protein Var1p is also likely to occur in close proximity to the inner membrane...
- Overexpression of the COX2 translational activator, Pet111p, prevents translation of COX1 mRNA and cytochrome c oxidase assembly in mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAlessandro Fiori
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 2703, USA
Mol Microbiol 56:1689-704. 2005....
- KlADH3, a gene encoding a mitochondrial alcohol dehydrogenase, affects respiratory metabolism and cytochrome content in Kluyveromyces lactisMichele Saliola
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita di Roma, La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 6:1184-92. 2006..The low levels of KlAdh3p in two of the mutants were associated with mutations in KlSDH1, one of the genes of complex II, suggesting signalling between the respiratory chain and expression of the KlADH3 gene...
- Candida albicans Pde1p and Gpa2p comprise a regulatory module mediating agonist-induced cAMP signalling and environmental adaptationDuncan Wilson
University of Manchester, UK
Fungal Genet Biol 47:742-52. 2010..We suggest that cAMP phosphodiesterases have species-specific differential roles, which make them attractive antifungal targets, for combinatorial treatment...
- Potent synergistic effect of doxycycline with fluconazole against Candida albicans is mediated by interference with iron homeostasisAlessandro Fiori
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:3785-96. 2012..albicans, despite the full competence of the pathogen's protein to act as a suppressor in baker's yeast...
- The heat-induced molecular disaggregase Hsp104 of Candida albicans plays a role in biofilm formation and pathogenicity in a worm infection modelAlessandro Fiori
Department of Molecular Microbiology, VIB, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eukaryot Cell 11:1012-20. 2012....