- Laparoscopic Heller myotomy improves esophageal emptying and the symptoms of achalasia
R J Finley
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine, 910 W 10th Ave, 3rd Floor, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4E3, Canada
Arch Surg 136:892-6. 2001
..Laparoscopic Heller esophageal myotomy improves esophageal clearance and symptoms of achalasia in the early and late postoperative periods...
- Thoracoscopic versus laparoscopic modified Heller Myotomy for achalasia: efficacy and safety in 87 patients
K C Stewart
Department of Surgery, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Am Coll Surg 189:164-9; discussion 169-70. 1999
..Controversy exists concerning whether the thoracoscopic Heller Myotomy (THM) or laparoscopic Heller myotomy (LHM) technique is the best approach to a modified Heller myotomy for achalasia...
- Anterior fundoplication decreases esophageal clearance in patients undergoing Heller myotomy for achalasia
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, 910 W 10th Avenue, Room 3100, V5Z 4E3, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Surg Endosc 21:2178-82. 2007
..Our study attempts to determine the effect of AF on esophageal leaks, nuclear medicine esophageal clearance (EC), symptom frequency (SF), and Van Trappen symptom scores (SS) for dysphagia, regurgitation, and heartburn...
- A change in clinical practice: a partially stapled cervical esophagogastric anastomosis reduces morbidity and improves functional outcome after esophagectomy for cancer
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dis Esophagus 21:422-9. 2008
..001]. The partially stapled cervical esophagogastric anastomosis significantly decreased the incidence of postoperative anastomotic leaks and the need for postoperative dilatation to treat strictures compared to the hand-sewn anastomosis...
- Quality-of-life measurement in surgical randomized controlled trials
J C Clifton
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Invest Surg 14:253-8. 2001
..More study investigators will consider measuring quality of life using well-validated instruments when designing future surgical randomized controlled trials...
- Reoperative antireflux surgery
R J Finley
Department of Surgery, Vancouver Hospital and University of British Columbia, Canada
Chest Surg Clin N Am 11:583-7, vii. 2001
- Development and validation of a disease-specific quality of life questionnaire (EQOL) for potentially curable patients with carcinoma of the esophagus
J C Clifton
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Dis Esophagus 20:191-201. 2007
..We have developed a 15-item questionnaire (EQOL) which has good reliability, responsiveness and validity and is now in use in studies in Canadian centres with the EORTC QLQ-C30...