Affiliation: University of Turku
- Renal effects of dexmedetomidine during coronary artery bypass surgery: a randomized placebo-controlled studyKari Leino
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
BMC Anesthesiol 11:9. 2011..abstract:..
- Reversal of the sedative and sympatholytic effects of dexmedetomidine with a specific alpha2-adrenoceptor antagonist atipamezole: a pharmacodynamic and kinetic study in healthy volunteersH Scheinin
Department of Anesthesiology, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Anesthesiology 89:574-84. 1998..Because alpha2-agonists are also being introduced to human practice, the authors studied reversal of a clinically relevant dexmedetomidine dose with atipamezole, an alpha2-antagonist, in healthy persons...
- Epidural infusion of bupivacaine and fentanyl reduces perioperative myocardial ischaemia in elderly patients with hip fracture--a randomized controlled trialH Scheinin
Department of Anaesthesiology, Turku PET Centre, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 44:1061-70. 2000..The impact of analgesic management on the incidence and severity of cardiac ischemia was studied in 77 elderly patients undergoing surgical treatment of traumatic hip fracture...
- Wide inter-individual variability of bispectral index and spectral entropy at loss of consciousness during increasing concentrations of dexmedetomidine, propofol, and sevofluraneK Kaskinoro
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, Turku University Hospital, PO Box 52, 20521 Turku, Finland
Br J Anaesth 107:573-80. 2011..We studied whether they can differentiate consciousness from unconsciousness during increasing doses of three different anaesthetic agents...
- Meptazinol and pentazocine: plasma catecholamines and other effects in healthy volunteersT Manner
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Turku, Finland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 24:689-97. 1987..The pronounced increase in plasma adrenaline concentrations in two of six subjects calls for caution in its use in patients with cardiac diseases...
- Assessing the depth of dexmedetomidine-induced sedation with electroencephalogram (EEG)-based spectral entropyA Maksimow
Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:22-30. 2007..This study investigated the utility of electroencephalogram (EEG)-based spectral entropy monitoring (with M-ENTROPY, GE Healthcare, Helsinki, Finland) for the assessment of dexmedetomidine-induced sedation...
- The effects of surgical levels of sevoflurane and propofol anaesthesia on heart rate variabilityM Maenpaa
Turku University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Turku, Finland
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:626-33. 2007..We compared heart rate dynamics during surgical levels of propofol and sevoflurane anaesthesia in a highly standardized setting...
- Effect of age and repeated hyperbaric oxygen treatments on vagal toneV E Lund
Dept. of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Undersea Hyperb Med 32:111-9. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Repeated therapeutic HBO2exposures are not causing permanent changes in vagal control of the heart. Vagal responsiveness to hyperbaric hyperoxia is preserved in advanced age...
- Pharmacokinetics of finrozole (MPV-2213ad), a novel selective aromatase inhibitor, in healthy menO Ahokoski
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Turku University Central Hospital, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 52:702-4. 2001..To investigate the pharmacokinetics of finrozole (MPV-2213ad), a novel competitive aromatase enzyme inhibitor, in healthy male volunteers...
- Acute inhibition of oestrogen biosynthesis does not affect serum leptin levels in young menV Luukkaa
Department of Pharmacology, University of Turku, and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Turku University Central Hospital, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Eur J Endocrinol 142:164-9. 2000..To explore the contribution of oestradiol to serum leptin levels in men, we measured the concentrations of serum leptin and insulin after inhibition of oestrogen biosynthesis by selective blockade of the aromatase enzyme...
- Measurement of anticholinergic effects of psychotropic drugs in humansJ Penttila
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Pharmacopsychiatry 38:187-93. 2005....
- A double-blind study of MPV-2213ad, a novel aromatase inhibitor, in healthy male subjectsO Ahokoski
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 55:27-34. 1999..The hormonal effects of a new, non-steroidal competitive inhibitor of the aromatase enzyme, MPV-2213ad, were investigated in this study...
- Biological day-to-day variation and daytime changes of testosterone, follitropin, lutropin and oestradiol-17beta in healthy menO Ahokoski
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, University of Turku, Finland
Clin Chem Lab Med 36:485-91. 1998..The interpretation of the results of hormone measurements requires recognition of the biological daytime and day-to-day changes of hormones. The reference change limits determine what changes are significant when monitoring the patient...
- A medication database--a tool for detecting drug interactions in hospitalP E Grönroos
Central Laboratory, Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 53:13-7. 1997..In the present study, we utilised the system to find out the incidence and nature of potential drug interactions occurring in a representative hospital patient population...
- Instantaneous beat-to-beat variability reflects vagal tone during hyperbaric hyperoxiaV Lund
Department on Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Undersea Hyperb Med 30:29-36. 2003..During hyperbaric hyperoxia, SD1 reflects vagal activity and can be used instead of HF power, if stationary conditions cannot be achieved. The decreasing alpha1 indicates more random heart rate dynamics during hyperbaric hyperoxia...
- Increase in high frequency EEG activity explains the poor performance of EEG spectral entropy monitor during S-ketamine anesthesiaA Maksimow
Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, P O Box 52, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Clin Neurophysiol 117:1660-8. 2006..To study the effects of S-ketamine on the EEG and to investigate whether spectral entropy of the EEG can be used to assess the depth of hypnosis during S-ketamine anesthesia...
- Meptazinol and pentazocine: effects on prolactin, growth hormone and vasopressin levels in plasmaT Manner
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Turku, Finland
Pharmacol Toxicol 61:301-4. 1987..It was concluded that the augmented AVP release following meptazinol administration was likely to be a non-specific response induced by nausea and not an effect mediated by opiate receptors...