Affiliation: University of Kuopio
- Coffee, tea and caffeine intake and the risk of severe depression in middle-aged Finnish men: the Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor StudyAnu Ruusunen
Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, Kuopio Campus, University of Eastern Finland, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Public Health Nutr 13:1215-20. 2010..Only a few cross-sectional studies have assessed the association between coffee, tea and caffeine and the risk of depression. Our aim was to determine the association in a population-based cohort study...
- Dietary magnesium intake and the incidence of depression: A 20-year follow-up studyTeymoor Yary
University of Eastern Finland, Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, P O Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Affect Disord 193:94-8. 2016..Depression is a major global public health concern. The aetiology of depression is partly unclear; however, intake of nutrients, such as magnesium, have been suggested to affect depressive symptoms and modify depression risk...
- Dietary patterns are associated with the prevalence of elevated depressive symptoms and the risk of getting a hospital discharge diagnosis of depression in middle-aged or older Finnish menAnu Ruusunen
University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio Campus, Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, P O Box 1627, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland Department of Psychiatry, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland Electronic address
J Affect Disord 159:1-6. 2014..Previous studies assessing the role of dietary factors in depression have mainly focused on nutrients, while the association between dietary patterns and depression is less studied...
- Dietary zinc intake and the risk of depression in middle-aged men: a 20-year prospective follow-up studySoili M Lehto
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
J Affect Disord 150:682-5. 2013..This study examined the association between dietary zinc intake and depression in a prospective setting in initially depression-free men during a 20-year follow-up...
- The intake of flavonoids and carotid atherosclerosis: the Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor StudyJaakko Mursu
The Research Institute of Public Health, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Br J Nutr 98:814-8. 2007..There was a trend for an inverse association between intake of flavonols and mean CCA-IMT (P = 0.055). We conclude that high intake of flavonoids is associated with decreased carotid atherosclerosis in middle-aged Finnish men...
- Serum zinc and risk of type 2 diabetes incidence in men: The Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor StudyTeymoor Yary
The University of Eastern Finland, Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, P O Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Trace Elem Med Biol 33:120-4. 2016..However, the role of zinc in the etiology of T2D has been poorly investigated. This study was conducted to study the association of serum zinc on T2D risk in middle-aged and older Finnish men...
- Serum polyunsaturated fatty acids are not associated with the risk of severe depression in middle-aged Finnish men: Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor (KIHD) studyAnu Ruusunen
Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio Campus, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Nutr 50:89-96. 2011..The aim of this study is to investigate whether serum n - 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) or n - 6 to n - 3 ratio is associated with risk of severe depression in middle-aged Finnish men...