M M Raivio
Affiliation: University of Joensuu
- Use of inappropriate medications and their prognostic significance among in-hospital and nursing home patients with and without dementia in FinlandMinna M Raivio
Department of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Drugs Aging 23:333-43. 2006..This study examines the use of inappropriate drugs and their impact on mortality and use of health services among Finnish elderly nursing home and hospital patients. Patients with dementia were studied as a special subgroup...
- Neither atypical nor conventional antipsychotics increase mortality or hospital admissions among elderly patients with dementia: a two-year prospective studyMinna M Raivio
Memory Research and Treatment Centers Finland Medical Center Hemo Oy, Lahti, Finland
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:416-24. 2007..Antipsychotics are widely used to manage behavioral disorders in patients with dementia. Recently, serious concerns have been raised about the stroke and mortality risk of atypical antipsychotics when administered to patients with dementia...
- How do officially organized services meet the needs of elderly caregivers and their spouses with Alzheimer's disease?Minna Raivio
Memory Research and Treatment Centers Finland, Medical Center Hemo Oy, Lahti, Social Insurance Institution of Finland
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 22:360-8. 2007..Only 39% of the caregivers were satisfied with the services, and 69% felt they did not have any influence on what services were offered. It was concluded that official services poorly meet the needs of these caregivers...
- The use of legal guardians and financial powers of attorney among home-dwellers with Alzheimer's disease living with their spousal caregiversM M Raivio
Memory Research and Treatment Centers Finland, Medical Center Hemo, Lahti, Finland
J Med Ethics 34:882-6. 2008..If held soon after the diagnosis, such discussions could support the autonomy of these persons in spite of AD and enable them to plan for the future as they wish...
- Psychotropic medication and stroke outcomeMinna M Raivio
Am J Psychiatry 162:1027; author reply 1027-8. 2005