Affiliation: University of Turku
- Impairment of semantic knowledge in Parkinson diseaseR Portin
Department of Neurology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Arch Neurol 57:1338-43. 2000..Parkinson disease (PD) is commonly characterized by cognitive deterioration, but it is still unclear whether PD is associated with semantic impairments...
- Cognitive impairment and the 10-year survival probability of a normal 62-year-old populationR Portin
Department of Neurology, University of Turku and Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Scand J Psychol 42:359-66. 2001..Thus, memory impairment may reflect very early signs of underlying disease, and so the findings provide predictive validity for the cognitive methods used...
- Cognitive impairment and the brain dopaminergic system in Parkinson disease: [18F]fluorodopa positron emission tomographic studyJ O Rinne
Department of Neurology, University of Turku, Finland
Arch Neurol 57:470-5. 2000..To investigate the role of the brain dopaminergic system in cognitive impairment in patients with Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Visual object recognition in early Alzheimer's disease: deficits in semantic processingS Laatu
Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Turku, Finland
Acta Neurol Scand 108:82-9. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to divide visual object recognition into different stages and to reveal which of these stages are impaired in early Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Longitudinal cognitive changes in traumatic brain injury: a 30-year follow-up studyL Himanen
Department of Neurology, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Neurology 66:187-92. 2006..To evaluate longitudinal cognitive changes in patients over three decades following traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- The effect of short-term estrogen replacement therapy on cognition: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over trial in postmenopausal womenP Polo-Kantola
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Turku University Central Hospital, University of Turku, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 91:459-66. 1998..To evaluate the effect of estrogen replacement therapy on cognitive functioning...
- Hippocampal volume, brain atrophy, and APOE genotype after traumatic brain injuryH Isoniemi
Department of Neurology, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Neurology 67:756-60. 2006..To examine the association between hippocampal volumes, general brain atrophy, and apolipoprotein E (APOE) polymorphism in patients with a remote traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Androgen deprivation and cognition in prostate cancerE Salminen
Department of Oncology, Turku University Hospital, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Br J Cancer 89:971-6. 2003..These results have implications for counseling and psychosocial support of patients in the context of treatment options in PC...
- Does hormone therapy affect attention and memory in sleep-deprived women?P Alhola
Department of Psychology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Climacteric 11:221-32. 2008..To evaluate whether hormone therapy (HT) modifies cognitive performance during sleep deprivation in postmenopausal women. Comparison was made with a group of young women...
- Positron emission tomography shows that impaired frontal lobe functioning in Parkinson's disease is related to dopaminergic hypofunction in the caudate nucleusA Bruck
Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, FIN 20520, Turku, Finland
Neurosci Lett 311:81-4. 2001....
- Cognitive functioning in severe somatization--a pilot studyP M Niemi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Acta Psychiatr Scand 106:461-3. 2002..Somatizing patients often report cognitive complaints but neuropsychological research on somatization is scarce. We investigated somatizing patients for functioning in different cognitive domains...