Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Structural comparison of arabinoxylans from two barley side-stream fractionsLeena Pitkänen
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, P O Box 27, FIN 00014, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 56:5069-77. 2008..BFAX had a higher weight-average molar mass and larger hydrodynamic volume, the latter indicating less dense conformation than BHAX. Mn, Mw /Mn, Rh, and the Mark-Houwink a value were also determined for both arabinoxylans...
- Comprehensive multidetector HPSEC study on solution properties of cereal arabinoxylans in aqueous and DMSO solutionsLeena Pitkänen
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, P O Box 27, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Biomacromolecules 10:1962-9. 2009....
- Behavior of polysaccharide assemblies in field-flow fractionation and size-exclusion chromatographyLeena Pitkänen
Department of Food and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki, P O Box 27, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Anal Bioanal Chem 399:1467-72. 2011..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the characterization of xylans with AsFlFFF...
- Molecular characterization and solution properties of enzymatically tailored arabinoxylansLeena Pitkänen
Department of Food and Environmental Sciences, PO Box 27, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Biol Macromol 49:963-9. 2011..The possible heterogeneity of arabinoxylans complicated the interpretation of data describing the macromolecular properties of the enzymatically modified samples...
- Functional and anionic cellulose-interacting polymers by selective chemo-enzymatic carboxylation of galactose-containing polysaccharidesKirsti Parikka
Department of Food and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Biomacromolecules 13:2418-28. 2012..The selectively carboxylated polysaccharides can be further exploited, as such, or in the targeted functionalization of cellulose surfaces...
- Oxidation of polysaccharides by galactose oxidaseKirsti Parikka
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Helsinki, P O Box 27, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 58:262-71. 2010..After the oxidation, larger particles were present in the solution of spruce galactoglucomannan, but changes in its rheological properties were not observed...
- Synthesis and antioxidant activity of hydroxycinnamic acid xylan estersPauli Wrigstedt
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Helsinki, PO Box 55, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 58:6937-43. 2010..It was found that ferulic acid esters of glucuronoxylan were more efficient antioxidants than those of arabinoxylan and that sinapic acid xylan esters were more efficient than their ferulic acid counterparts...
- An efflux transporter PbrA and a phosphatase PbrB cooperate in a lead-resistance mechanism in bacteriaAnu Hynninen
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Microbiol 74:384-94. 2009....