Affiliation: University of Kuopio
- Evidence of altered posteromedial cortical FMRI activity in subjects at risk for Alzheimer diseaseMaija Pihlajamaki
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 24:28-36. 2010..Altered fMRI activity of the posteromedial areas of the brain default network may be an early indicator of risk for AD...
- Functional MRI assessment of task-induced deactivation of the default mode network in Alzheimer's disease and at-risk older individualsMaija Pihlajamaki
Memory Disorders Unit, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Behav Neurol 21:77-91. 2009..These findings will be discussed in the context of current literature regarding functional imaging of the default network in AD and at-risk populations...
- Functional alterations in memory networks in early Alzheimer's diseaseReisa A Sperling
Department of Neurology, Center for Alzheimer s Research and Treatment, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuromolecular Med 12:27-43. 2010..Research is ongoing to determine if these early network alterations will serve as sensitive predictors of clinical decline, and eventually, as markers of pharmacological response to potential disease-modifying treatments for AD...
- Impaired medial temporal repetition suppression is related to failure of parietal deactivation in Alzheimer diseaseMaija Pihlajamaki
Memory Disorders Unit, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:283-92. 2008..It is, however, unclear whether this finding is related to a failure of normal suppression of MTL activity to repeated stimuli in AD...
- Amyloid deposition is associated with impaired default network function in older persons without dementiaReisa A Sperling
Center for Alzheimer Research and Treatment, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 63:178-88. 2009....
- MRI of hippocampus and entorhinal cortex in mild cognitive impairment: a follow-up studyTero Tapiola
Department of Neuroscience and Neurology, University of Kuopio, Brain Research Unit, Clinical Research Center, Mediteknia, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neurobiol Aging 29:31-8. 2008..The MTL volumetry helps in identifying among the MCI subjects a group, which is at high risk for developing AD...
- Age-related memory impairment associated with loss of parietal deactivation but preserved hippocampal activationSaul L Miller
Memory Disorders Unit, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2181-6. 2008....