Pei wen Pan
Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Pan P, Leppilampi M, Pastorekova S, Pastorek J, Waheed A, Sly W, et al. Carbonic anhydrase gene expression in CA II-deficient (Car2-/-) and CA IX-deficient (Car9-/-) mice. J Physiol. 2006;571:319-27 pubmed..These results suggest that the loss of function of cytosolic CA II in the stomach of Car2-/- mice leads to up-regulation of an extracellular CA, namely CA IX, which is expressed on the cell surface of the gastric epithelium. ..
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..It contributes to a deeper understanding of the distribution of CA isozymes and their potential roles in the mouse digestive system. ..
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..The high expression of mitochondrial CAVB at both mRNA and protein levels suggests a role in lipid synthesis, a key physiological process of the harderian gland. ..
- Pan P, Käyrä K, Leinonen J, Nissinen M, Parkkila S, Rajaniemi H. Gene expression profiling in the submandibular gland, stomach, and duodenum of CAVI-deficient mice. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:675-98 pubmed publisher....
- Pan P, Parkkila A, Autio S, Hilvo M, Sormunen R, Pastorekova S, et al. Brain phenotype of carbonic anhydrase IX-deficient mice. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:163-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the brain phenotype of Car9 (-/-) mice seems to be age-dependent. The results indicate that the functional changes precede the microscopic alterations in the brains of Car9 (-/-) mice. ..