Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Teaching basic life support to nursesM Makinen
Helsinki University Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Uusimaa EMS, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:327-31. 2006..The biggest cost of implementation is training and these costs need to be reduced. The purpose of this randomized study was to evaluate the applicability of distance learning as a method to teach CPR-D...
- Assessment of CPR-D skills of nurses in Göteborg, Sweden and Espoo, Finland: teaching leadership makes a differenceM Makinen
Uusimaa EMS, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Resuscitation 72:264-9. 2007..Benchmarking with a hospital having documented excellent results of in-hospital resuscitation is beneficial. The purpose of this study was to assess the resuscitation skills to facilitate construction of an educational programme...
- Assessment of CPR-D skills of nursing students in two institutions: reality versus recommendations in the guidelinesMarja Mäkinen
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Nöykkiönlaaksontie 21, Espoo 02340, Finland
Eur J Emerg Med 17:237-9. 2010..Current style of teaching is unlikely to result in students being able to perform adequate CPR-D. Standardized testing would help in controlling the quality of learning...
- Nurses' attitudes towards resuscitation and national resuscitation guidelines--nurses hesitate to start CPR-DM Makinen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Nöykkiönlaaksontie 21, 02340 Espoo, Finland
Resuscitation 80:1399-404. 2009..The purpose of this study was to analyse the effect of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) education on attitudes towards defibrillation during arrests (CPR-D) and the guidelines...
- Medical and nursing students' attitudes toward cardiopulmonary resuscitation and current practice guidelinesLeila Niemi-Murola
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, P O Box 340, FIN 00029 HUS, Finland
Resuscitation 72:257-63. 2007..The purpose of this cohort study was to examine medical and nursing student's beliefs and attitudes toward CPR-D and current practice guidelines...
- Methods of assessing cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills: a systematic reviewMarja Mäkinen
Uusimaa Emergency Medical Service, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, FIN 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Emerg Med 14:108-14. 2007..Qualified studies with well defined study populations, standardized study settings and explicit, comparable outcomes would be needed to assess the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation performance...