Johanna A Miettinen
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- The effect of bone marrow microenvironment on the functional properties of the therapeutic bone marrow-derived cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionJohanna A Miettinen
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu FIN 90014, Finland
J Transl Med 10:66. 2012..The arterial, venous and bone marrow blood gas concentrations were also compared...
- Determinants of functional recovery after myocardial infarction of patients treated with bone marrow-derived stem cells after thrombolytic therapyJohanna A Miettinen
University of Oulu, Department of Internal Medicine P O Box 5000 Kajaanintie 50, FIN 90014 University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Heart 96:362-7. 2010....
- Effects of intracoronary injection of autologous bone marrow-derived stem cells on natriuretic peptides and inflammatory markers in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarctionJohanna A Miettinen
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Kajaanintie 50, Oulu, Finland
Clin Res Cardiol 100:317-25. 2011..We studied the influence of intracoronary injections of BMC on levels of natriuretic peptides and inflammatory mediators, which are well established prognostic biomarkers, in patients with STEMI...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha promotes the expression of immunosuppressive proteins and enhances the cell growth in a human bone marrow-derived stem cell cultureJohanna A Miettinen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Exp Cell Res 317:791-801. 2011..These results strongly support reactive and immunosuppressive activation of MSCs during TNF-α exposure, which might influence MSC differentiation stage and capacity...
- Leisure time emotional excitement increases endothelin-1 and interleukin-6 in cardiac patientsOlli Pekka Piira
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Scand Cardiovasc J 46:7-15. 2012..Emotional excitement causes concomitant increases in markers reflecting vulnerability to atherosclerotic plaque complications while physical exercise causes more prominent changes in markers of coagulation...