Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Blockade of vascular adhesion protein-1 inhibits lymphocyte infiltration in rat liver allograft rejectionTimi Martelius
Department of Surgery, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, P O Box 340, 00029 HUS Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 165:1993-2001. 2004..This is the first demonstration in any prolonged in vivo model that VAP-1 plays an important role in lymphocyte infiltration to sites of inflammation, and, in particular, liver allograft rejection...
- Inhibition of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidases decreases lymphocyte infiltration in the early phases of rat liver allograft rejectionT Martelius
Department of Surgery, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:911-20. 2008..Blockade of the enzymatic activity of VAP-1 has a significant effect on lymphocyte infiltration early in acute liver rejection. Later, activation of other adhesion pathways can by-pass the blockade caused by VAP-inhibition...
- Vascular deposition of complement C4d is increased in liver allografts with chronic rejectionTimi Martelius
Clinic of Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital and the University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Transpl Immunol 21:244-6. 2009..C4d has been shown to be deposited also in chronic kidney allograft rejection, and frequently in acute liver allograft rejection. In chronic liver allograft rejection there is limited data of C4d positivity...
- Clinical characteristics, outcome and the role of viral load in nontransplant patients with Epstein-Barr viraemiaT Martelius
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Infectious Diseases, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:657-62. 2010..Immunosuppressed patients had higher viral loads. EBV viraemia is associated with severe immunosuppression and lymphoid malignancies...
- Antiviral and immunomodulatory effects of desferrioxamine in cytomegalovirus-infected rat liver allografts with rejectionT Martelius
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Transplantation 68:1753-61. 1999..We therefore investigated whether DFO inhibits (a) CMV infection and (b) graft destruction in our rat model...
- Induction of vascular adhesion protein-1 during liver allograft rejection and concomitant cytomegalovirus infection in ratsT Martelius
Departments of Surgery and Virology, Helsinki University Hospital, and University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 157:1229-37. 2000..The present experimental study shows that VAP-1 is up-regulated in acute rejection of liver allografts, and that this up-regulation is prolonged by RCMV infection...
- Control of early Aspergillus mortality after lung transplantation: outcome and risk factorsM Eriksson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Transplant Proc 42:4459-64. 2010..Postoperative detection of Aspergillus still seems to be an indicator of a poorer outcome. Preoperative Aspergillus colonization is not necessarily a threat with prompt institution of antifungal prophylaxis...