Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Recent advances in the development of new treatments for celiac diseaseMarja Leena Lähdeaho
University of Tampere, Tampere University Hospital, Pediatric Research Centre, Tampere, Finland
Expert Opin Biol Ther 12:1589-600. 2012..However, gluten-free dieting is restrictive, and nutritionally less than optimal, and gluten is difficult to avoid...
- Celiac disease: from inflammation to atrophy: a long-term follow-up studyMarja Leena Lähdeaho
Department of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Tampere University Hospital and Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:44-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of intraepithelial lymphocytosis and marginally decreased villous height/crypt depth ratio in the development of overt villous atrophy in a long-term follow-up...
- Quest for the diagnosis. Case 1: An infant with skin rash and episodes with heavy cryingLähdeaho Marja-Leena
Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Acta Paediatr 96:1698-1700. 2007
- Small- bowel mucosal changes and antibody responses after low- and moderate-dose gluten challenge in celiac diseaseMarja Leena Lähdeaho
Paediatric Research Centre and School of Medicine, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
BMC Gastroenterol 11:129. 2011..We challenged adult celiac patients with gluten with a view to assessing the amount needed to cause some small-bowel mucosal deterioration...
- Persistent duodenal intraepithelial lymphocytosis despite a long-term strict gluten-free diet in celiac diseaseIlus Tuire
Department of Gastroenterology and Alimentary Tract Surgery, Tampere University Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Am J Gastroenterol 107:1563-9. 2012..Intraepithelial lymphocytosis may persist for years while villous morphology normalizes. Factors contributing to this and the clinical relevance of persistent intraepithelial lymphocytosis were here investigated...