Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Peptide hormones in infants with feeding disordersMarja Leena Lähdeaho
School of Medicine, University of Tampere, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 73:387-91. 2013..Cross-sectional association does not necessarily imply causal relationship. Thus, further studies with larger number of cases will be needed to clarify the role of adiponectin in the eating problems in infants...
- Recent advances in the development of new treatments for celiac diseaseMarja Leena Lähdeaho
University of Tampere, Tampere University Hospital, Pediatric Research Centre, Tampere, Finland
Expert Opin Biol Ther 12:1589-600. 2012..However, gluten-free dieting is restrictive, and nutritionally less than optimal, and gluten is difficult to avoid...
- Celiac disease: from inflammation to atrophy: a long-term follow-up studyMarja Leena Lähdeaho
Department of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Tampere University Hospital and Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:44-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of intraepithelial lymphocytosis and marginally decreased villous height/crypt depth ratio in the development of overt villous atrophy in a long-term follow-up...
- Quest for the diagnosis. Case 1: An infant with skin rash and episodes with heavy cryingLähdeaho Marja-Leena
Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Acta Paediatr 96:1698-1700. 2007
- Small- bowel mucosal changes and antibody responses after low- and moderate-dose gluten challenge in celiac diseaseMarja Leena Lähdeaho
Paediatric Research Centre and School of Medicine, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
BMC Gastroenterol 11:129. 2011..We challenged adult celiac patients with gluten with a view to assessing the amount needed to cause some small-bowel mucosal deterioration...
- Persistent duodenal intraepithelial lymphocytosis despite a long-term strict gluten-free diet in celiac diseaseIlus Tuire
Department of Gastroenterology and Alimentary Tract Surgery, Tampere University Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Am J Gastroenterol 107:1563-9. 2012..Intraepithelial lymphocytosis may persist for years while villous morphology normalizes. Factors contributing to this and the clinical relevance of persistent intraepithelial lymphocytosis were here investigated...