Affiliation: University of Turku
- Diagnosing cognitive impairment and dementia in primary health care -- a more active approach is neededMinna Lopponen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, General Practice, University of Turku, Finland
Age Ageing 32:606-12. 2003..to determine the documentation rate of dementia in primary health care, the clinical characteristics of patients with documented and undocumented dementia, and the diagnostic evaluations made in cognitive impairment...
- Undiagnosed diseases in patients with dementia--a potential target group for interventionMinna K Löppönen
Department of General Practice, University of Turku, Turku City Hospital, Turku, Finland
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 18:321-9. 2004..To study undiagnosed diseases in older people with and without dementia...
- Dementia associates with undermedication of cardiovascular diseases in the elderly: a population-based studyMinna Lopponen
Department of Family Medicine, University of Turku, Lemminkäisenkatu 1, Turku, Finland
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:132-41. 2006..To compare medication use in patients suffering from cardiovascular disease with and without dementia...
- Renal impairment compromises the use of total homocysteine and methylmalonic acid but not total vitamin B12 and holotranscobalamin in screening for vitamin B12 deficiency in the agedSaila Loikas
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:197-201. 2007..Renal impairment has been associated with increased concentrations of plasma total homocysteine and methylmalonic acid, as well as increased total vitamin B(12) and holotranscobalamin concentrations...
- Use of CNS medications and cognitive decline in the aged: a longitudinal population-based studyJuha Puustinen
Department of Family Medicine, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
BMC Geriatr 11:70. 2011....
- Fractures as an independent predictor of functional decline in older people: a population-based study with an 8-year follow-upMaarit Piirtola
Department of Family Medicine, University of Turku, Finland
Gerontology 58:296-304. 2012..Fractures among older people are common, but there is scant evidence about the impact of fractures on functional decline in an unselected older population...
- Vitamin B12 deficiency in the aged: a population-based studySaila Loikas
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Age Ageing 36:177-83. 2007..vitamin B12 deficiency is common in the aged, but it is controversial whether only some risk groups should be investigated instead of screening the entire aged population...
- Fractures as predictors of excess mortality in the aged-a population-based study with a 12-year follow-upMaarit Piirtola
Department of Family Medicine, University of Turku, Lemminkäisenkatu 1, FI 20014, Turku, Finland
Eur J Epidemiol 23:747-55. 2008..The objective of this study was to analyze the long-term gender-specific association between fractures and mortality among older persons by controlling several survival related confounders...
- Ambulatory blood pressure: associations with coronary heart disease in the aged Finnish populationMaria Wendelin-Saarenhovi
Department of Clinical Physiology, Nuclear Medicine and Positron Emission Tomography, Turku University Central Hospital, FI 20521 Turku, Finland
Aging Clin Exp Res 19:432-7. 2007..This study studied the association of various components of ABP (daytime, night-time, 24-hour ABP) in the presence of coronary heart disease (CHD) in an older Finnish population...
- The effect of thyroid antibody positivity on reference intervals for thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and free thyroxine (FT4) in an aged populationSeija Eskelinen
Department of Family Medicine, University of Turku, and Pori Health Center, Pori, Finland
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:1380-5. 2005..Regardless of the statistical methodology used to derive cut-off values, the effect of antibody positivity was found to be less than expected...
- Characteristics of two telephone screens for cognitive impairmentTarja Järvenpää
Department of Neurology and Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, Finland
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 13:149-55. 2002..0001). These results indicate that both screens are sensitive and specific instruments for differentiating AD patients from healthy controls and have a strong correlation with face-to-face measures of cognitive function...