Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Diagnosis of enterovirus and rhinovirus infections by RT-PCR and time-resolved fluorometry with lanthanide chelate labeled probesM Lonnrot
Department of Virology, Medical School and University Hospital of Tampere University, Tampere, Finland
J Med Virol 59:378-84. 1999..High sensitivity, rapidity, and easy performance make the assay suitable for the routine diagnosis of enterovirus and rhinovirus infections...
- Enterovirus RNA in serum is a risk factor for beta-cell autoimmunity and clinical type 1 diabetes: a prospective study. Childhood Diabetes in Finland (DiMe) Study GroupM Lonnrot
JDFI Center for Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes in Finland, Tampere, Finland
J Med Virol 61:214-20. 2000....
- Enterovirus infection as a risk factor for beta-cell autoimmunity in a prospectively observed birth cohort: the Finnish Diabetes Prediction and Prevention StudyM Lonnrot
JDFI Center for Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes in Finland and the Department of Virology, University of Tampere Medical School and Tampere University Hospital
Diabetes 49:1314-8. 2000..Our data imply that enterovirus infections are associated with the development of beta-cell autoimmunity and provide evidence for the role of enteroviruses in the initiation of beta-cell destruction...
- Enterovirus infections as a risk factor for type I diabetes: virus analyses in a dietary intervention trialK Sadeharju
JDRF Center for Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes in Finland, Department of Virology, University of Tampere Medical School and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Clin Exp Immunol 132:271-7. 2003..These results suggest that enterovirus infections are associated with the induction of beta-cell autoimmunity in young children with increased genetic susceptibility to type I diabetes...
- Enterovirus infections in early childhood and the risk of atopic disease--a nested case-control studyL Korhonen
Department of Virology, School of Medicine, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Clin Exp Allergy 43:625-32. 2013..Enterovirus infections in childhood have been associated with a reduced risk of atopy in cross-sectional studies...
- Comparison of enterovirus-specific cellular immunity in two populations of young children vaccinated with inactivated or live poliovirus vaccinesS Juhela
Turku Immunology Centre, Department of Virology, University of Turku, Finland
Clin Exp Immunol 117:100-5. 1999..This may explain the lower incidence of IDDM in Estonia by providing effective protection against diabetogenic enterovirus strains in Estonian children...