Ruut M Laitio
Affiliation: University of Turku
- Pharmacokinetics of prolonged infusion of high-dose dexmedetomidine in critically ill patientsTimo Iirola
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, PO Box 52, FI 20521 Turku, Finland
Crit Care 15:R257. 2011..Additionally, we wanted to quantify for the first time in humans the concentrations of H-3, a practically inactive metabolite of dexmedetomidine...
- Highly variable pharmacokinetics of dexmedetomidine during intensive care: a case reportTimo Iirola
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, FIN 20521, Turku, Finland
J Med Case Reports 4:73. 2010..There are some previous reports on the use of long-term moderate to high-dose infusions of dexmedetomidine in patients in intensive care units, but none of these accounts have cited dexmedetomidine plasma concentrations...
- Effects of xenon anesthesia on cerebral blood flow in humans: a positron emission tomography studyRuut M Laitio
Turku PET Centre, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Anesthesiology 106:1128-33. 2007..Animal studies have demonstrated a strong neuroprotective property of xenon. Its usefulness in patients with cerebral pathology could be compromised by deleterious effects on regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF)...
- Bispectral index, entropy, and quantitative electroencephalogram during single-agent xenon anesthesiaRuut M Laitio
Turku Positron Emission Tomography PET Centre, and Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Anesthesiology 108:63-70. 2008..The aim was to evaluate the performance of anesthesia depth monitors, Bispectral Index (BIS) and Entropy, during single-agent xenon anesthesia in 17 healthy subjects...
- The effects of xenon anesthesia on the relationship between cerebral glucose metabolism and blood flow in healthy subjects: a positron emission tomography studyRuut M Laitio
Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, Finland
Anesth Analg 108:593-600. 2009..In this positron emission tomography study, our aim was to assess both rCMR(glc) and rCBF in the same individuals during xenon anesthesia...
- Xenon does not affect gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor binding in humansElina Salmi
Turku PET Centre, Turku, Finland
Anesth Analg 106:129-34, table of contents. 2008..The mechanism of anesthetic action of xenon in the living human brain still remains to be determined...
- Feasibility and cardiac safety of inhaled xenon in combination with therapeutic hypothermia following out-of-hospital cardiac arrestOlli J Arola
Perioperative Services, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Management, Turku University Hospital, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Crit Care Med 41:2116-24. 2013..The purpose of this study was to investigate the feasibility and cardiac safety of inhaled xenon treatment combined with therapeutic hypothermia in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients...