Helvi A Kyngäs
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- Conceptual analysis of complianceH Kyngas
University of Oulu, University Hospital, Department of Nursing and Health Administration, Finland
J Clin Nurs 9:5-12. 2000..The purpose of this paper is to analyse definitions of the concept of compliance. Abstracts from MEDLINE have been analysed in order to identify the types of compliance research that have been carried out...
- Predictors of good adherence of adolescents with diabetes (insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus)Helvi A Kyngäs
University of Oulu, Department of Nursing and Health Administration, Box 5300, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Chronic Illn 3:20-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify the factors that predict good adherence to health regimens by adolescents with diabetes (insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus)...
- [Model development in nursing science; the construction of a theoretical model]H Kyngas
Oulun yliopisto, Hoitotieteen laitos
Hoitotiede 9:107-17. 1997..The data were analysed by cross-tabulation, the chi square test and discriminant analyses. A summary of the results has been presented by building a theoretical model of young diabetics' compliance and related factors...
- [Compliance with health regimens: statistical verification of conceptual structure]H Kyngas
Oulun yliopisto Hoitotieteen laitos
Hoitotiede 9:3-11. 1997..To test the structure of the concept compliance, LISREL-analysis was used. The results of the study support the baseline definition of compliance...
- Compliance of adolescents with asthmaH A Kyngas
University of Oulu, Department of Nursing and Health Administration, Finland
Nurs Health Sci 1:195-202. 1999..001)...
- Motivation as a crucial predictor of good compliance in adolescents with rheumatoid arthritisHelvi Kyngäs
Department of Nursing and Health Administration, University of Oulu, University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Int J Nurs Pract 8:336-41. 2002..The likelihood of adolescents who had energy and willpower to comply with health regimens was 7.56-fold compared to the adolescents who did not have energy and willpower. Also, the threat to social well-being predicted good compliance...
- Patient education: perspective of adolescents with a chronic diseaseHelvi Kyngäs
Department of Nursing and Health Administration, University Hospital, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Clin Nurs 12:744-51. 2003..The results provided useful insight into patient education and served to raise awareness of the problems and difficulties experienced by adolescents with a chronic disease...
- Support network of adolescents with chronic disease: adolescents' perspectiveHelvi Kyngäs
University of Oulu, Department of Nursing and Health Administration, University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Nurs Health Sci 6:287-93. 2004..The results provided a useful insight into the social network of adolescents with chronic disease and serve to raise awareness of the problems and opinions experienced by adolescents with this condition...
- Development of a scale to assess the compliance of hypertensive patientsTiina S Lahdenperä
Department of Nursing and Health Administration, University Hospital, University of Oulu, PL 5300, Oulu 90014, Finland
Int J Nurs Stud 40:677-84. 2003..The Theta coefficient demonstrated good internal consistency. This scale forms a useful starting point in the development of a reliable and valid tool to assess compliance of hypertensive patients, based on several indicators...